2010 SRX Front End Thumping Noise - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2010 SRX Front End Thumping Noise in Cadillac SRX Forums; This is typical of ponyboy. He spouts the GM line and anyone who has issues with their car is a ...
    inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

Re: 2010 SRX Front End Thumping Noise

This is typical of ponyboy. He spouts the GM line and anyone who has issues with their car is a whiner. Why do you suppose the forum exists? So the owners can tell their individual experiences and see if others have had the same one and if there is a fix for it. Every car forum I have been on has people who have had bad cars including Porsche's and BMW's and their inputs help others decide what to do. I had a great Tahoe until one of the many warning lights came on and then found out what GM does when the computer in your car does not give them the quick fix answer code. They go the replacement route.The bills will rack up so fast it will make you dizzy. Get the extended warranty if you plan on keeping the car for longer than the OEM warranty.
    stevec5375 and stevec5375 like this.

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    This is typical of ponyboy. He spouts the GM line and anyone who has issues with their car is a whiner. Why do you suppose the forum exists? So the owners can tell their individual experiences and see if others have had the same one and if there is a fix for it. Every car forum I have been on has people who have had bad cars including Porsche's and BMW's and their inputs help others decide what to do. I had a great Tahoe until one of the many warning lights came on and then found out what GM does when the computer in your car does not give them the quick fix answer code. They go the replacement route.The bills will rack up so fast it will make you dizzy. Get the extended warranty if you plan on keeping the car for longer than the OEM warranty.
    I understand the latter part of your post, but the top end of it is a little out of left field and random.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

c5tech is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx

I have a 2010 srx and it thumps all over.It even thumps or rattles on level smooth roads here in VA.It has 26000 miles.Last winter the front struts groaned in cold wheather.Lindsay fixed that now it ratttles all over.I think the car needs new redesigned struts and none to be had.Will end up a recall someday I hope.

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

If you look at ponymans statement here you will see what I was talking about. He has gone after me because I was concerned about damage to the front spoiler and was looking for a simple solution. Here is ponyman's attack on anyone whom he disagrees with. If it weren't for forums like this where the flaws of our SRX's are exposed then there would be no fixes to the future models. None of us can know all the little things that are wrong with a new car until you have owned it and driven it. It is at that point that GM should step up and listen to the owners complaints.

*info deleted*
    *Moderator note: Unnecessary to dig up old posts and repost.*

TheCaptain is online now Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Inspectorrudy and Ponyman, Live and let be please. Forums are here for multiple types of information, good and bad. Everything should be taken with a grain of salt.

We're all looking out for each other here.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

srx1954 is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

I have 27,000 miles on my 2010 srx and this thumping noise just started. They replaced the struts & lower control arms and the noise did NOT go away. They had the
    vehicle for 3 weeks and now it looks like I'm bringing it back again. Very disappointed in this cadillac product !
    stevec5375 likes this.

SRX Owner10 is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

Cadillac has had my 2010 SRX for 10 days for a thumping sound when I make a turn. They thought it needed new struts and control arm bushings, they replaced them noise still there. They haven't figured out the cause of the noise yet????????????

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by srx1954 View Post
    I have 27,000 miles on my 2010 srx and this thumping noise just started. They replaced the struts & lower control arms and the noise did NOT go away. They had the
    vehicle for 3 weeks and now it looks like I'm bringing it back again. Very disappointed in this cadillac product !
    Hello srx1954,

I am sorry that you needed to take your vehicle back in for service because the noise didn’t go away in your SRX. Do you have any further updates regarding this appointment you had recently?

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by SRX Owner10 View Post
    Cadillac has had my 2010 SRX for 10 days for a thumping sound when I make a turn. They thought it needed new struts and control arm bushings, they replaced them noise still there. They haven't figured out the cause of the noise yet????????????
    Hello SRX Owner10,

I apologize that your SRX is still experiencing these noises after the dealership has had your vehicle for ten days. Could you private message me or send me an email to socialmedia@gm.com with your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you are working with so I can reach out to them and gather some additional information? If you send me an email, please be sure to include “ATTN GREG” in the subject line so that it gets delivered straight to me. I hope to hear from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

adamjeeps is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Sounds like it could be front wheel hub bearings. They can make more pronounced noise when turning due to load shifting.

Melanie Boyer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Have you had them check the struts? I have a 2010, and had been experiencing a "rubbing sound" when turning front wheels and most recently the sound like "the bottom was going to fall out" (more noticeable during cold weather) each time hit a bump. Both upper & front struts have failed. It's being repaired as I type this. My car has 77K miles. I've not been too crazy about my car after noticing several things when we purchased in September 2009; but I can say that the improvements I've seen in the 2014 SRX loaner they've let me drive...VERY NICE. I'm impressed.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie Boyer View Post
    Have you had them check the struts? I have a 2010, and had been experiencing a "rubbing sound" when turning front wheels and most recently the sound like "the bottom was going to fall out" (more noticeable during cold weather) each time hit a bump. Both upper & front struts have failed. It's being repaired as I type this. My car has 77K miles. I've not been too crazy about my car after noticing several things when we purchased in September 2009; but I can say that the improvements I've seen in the 2014 SRX loaner they've let me drive...VERY NICE. I'm impressed.
    Hello Melanie,

I apologize that your SRX is in need of repair for this rubbing sound. Please keep us updated when the repairs are complete. If you would like any assistance in working with the dealership, don’t hesitate to reach out to us privately with your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you are currently working with.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.