2010 SRX Front End Thumping Noise - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2010 SRX Front End Thumping Noise in Cadillac SRX Forums; Dealerships got no money at all from the bailout - NONE and we would still be in business if GM ...
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: 2010 SRX Front End Thumping Noise

Dealerships got no money at all from the bailout - NONE

and we would still be in business if GM had failed. We're a repair facility and we have a customer base that trusts in us to fix their vehicles correctly at a fair price. We have a reputation and we don't need the GM logo on a sign on the road to validate our existence (although it does help)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by rippypartsmaster View Post
    Dealerships got no money at all from the bailout - NONE

and we would still be in business if GM had failed. We're a repair facility and we have a customer base that trusts in us to fix their vehicles correctly at a fair price. We have a reputation and we don't need the GM logo on a sign on the road to validate our existence (although it does help)
    What does your dealership charge for an oil and filter change? I'm curious because soon my SRX will be due and I want a price point comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    What does your dealership charge for an oil and filter change? I'm curious because soon my SRX will be due and I want a price point comparison.
    $39 i think.... for dino oil... mobil1 costs an extra $36 -- if you opt for Dexos-1 it's only an extra $16
    all 2011 GM cars take Dexos-1 ... or at least all the cadillacs do. the performance engines like ctsv and corvette still call for mobil1
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by rippypartsmaster View Post
    $39 i think.... for dino oil... mobil1 costs an extra $36 -- if you opt for Dexos-1 it's only an extra $16
    all 2011 GM cars take Dexos-1 ... or at least all the cadillacs do. the performance engines like ctsv and corvette still call for mobil1
    $75 for Mobil1? I'm assuming that includes labor and tax? If not, how much is that TOTAL?

I found Mobil1 at Sears for $6.25/quart.

yeah those were total parts+labor prices

and just to break it down for clarity
    we charge $6 flat for any GM car's oil filter (only cars with expensive filters like BMW and MB pay more than $6 for their filter)
    we charge $14 for dino oil, $30 for dexos-1 and $50 for mobil1 (4-8 quarts all the same flat oil pricing)

... so people w/ N* engines get the hookup w/ cheap oil prices
    and people w/ cars that have expensive oil filters also get a sweet deal (saturn astra, 03 cts, and the turbo srx have like $20 oil filters)

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    I found Mobil1 at Sears for $6.25/quart.
    best price i've found for Mobil1 was at walmart
    they have 5qt jugs for just under $25
    (interestingly enough that high-mileage mobil1 that they sell at walmart doesn't have the GM4718M spec on the back of the label like the regular mobil1 does... hmmm)

also, in an attempt to bring this thread back on topic
    i talked to our suspension guru today and asked him if we've had any of these mysterious thumping noises or any kind of noises in 2nd gen SRX vehicles come into our shop

he said not a single one... so whatever this is it's not widespread at all

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Thanks Rippy. Always helps to hear the truth from someone on the front line so to speak. I also have seen those 5qt jugs of Mobil 1 at Walmart and wondered. I always get mine changed at the dealership. Decent price, and there is a service record for future problems, or future owners to refer to. We will be getting our first oil change in a month or so. Dealership gave us the first one free. Nice to hear the clunking isn't widespread. We haven't had that or any problems with ours besides the dreaded chrome strip.

oh that freakin' mirror trim piece... ughhh!!

but in the grand scheme of things i guess it's not that bad (although since it's cosmetic it kind of is a big deal... luckily it was a small piece)

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by tiranga008 View Post
    I have dealt with GM in my professional work. These guys just are arrogant.
    That's right!!! Your the guy from the help desk in INDIA. Thus the tiranga name.
    I get it now.

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

To be honest, I didn't even notice the chrome strip missing till I saw the thread on this site. It was the passenger side, I never get in that side and realy don't drive the car except on longer trips. I am sure I would have noticed it at the next was.

tdavanzosr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 srx all wheel 4 luxury

Post Re: 2010 SRX Front End Thumping Noise

I bought a 2010 SRX all wheel 4 luxury, all good until front end noises I could not live with, about 10,000 miles, I read many of these nightmare stories here on this blog. I thought here we go, I took the car in still under warranty and the SRX mechanic Bob Taylor and service rep Laura at Montrose Caddilac in Hermitage Pa. took over , I was offered a car while mine was getting fixed, found and changed weak power steering pump, lines and main steering gears, sat back outside in the cold, still noisey the next morning, the dealership kept the car all good with me. Next step change the upper strut mounts new design, all fixed. The upper strut mounts were inferior and not heavy duty enough the NEW ones fixed all noises in the steering. I looked at the original upper strut mounts they took out of the car and they were pretty much destroyed on the under side compressed like a pancake the bearings destroyed. The NEW mounts are much more applicable for the vehicle. No noises and the Dealership Montrose Caddilac where I bought the SRX treated me right got to say.. All the best to there Crew.

Jake2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX - Premium - Black Raven / Titanium - Chrome Tech

Thanks for the info, it's good to know. I have 16,000 on mine, still rides like new with no noises.

tdavanzosr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 srx all wheel 4 luxury

I bought a 2010 SRX all wheel 4 luxury, all good until front end noises I could not live with, about 10,000 miles, I read many of these nightmare stories here on this blog. I thought here we go, I took the car in still under warranty and the SRX mechanic Bob Taylor and service rep Laura at Montrose Caddilac in Hermitage Pa. took over , I was offered a car while mine was getting fixed, found and changed weak power steering pump, lines and main steering gears, sat back outside in the cold, still noisey the next morning, the dealership kept the car all good with me. Next step change the upper strut mounts new design, all fixed. The upper strut mounts were inferior and not heavy duty enough the NEW ones fixed all noises in the steering. I looked at the original upper strut mounts they took out of the car and they were pretty much destroyed on the under side compressed like a pancake the bearings destroyed. The NEW mounts are much more applicable for the vehicle. No noises and the Dealership Montrose Caddilac where I bought the SRX treated me right got to say.. All the best to there Crew.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by dsy@cox.net View Post
    That's my fear, that it's unique to my SRX. The Service Tech's and the Service Mgr took it for a test drive and confirmed the thumping but everything checks out underneath where the sway bars attach to the A-Frame and everything is road safe but it's annoying where it's embarrassing to give someone a ride with that thumping noise. Oh well.....maybe Cadillace will come through and approve the work under warranty. Thanks for the replies!
    I have 2010 SRX AWD 4 and no thumping noise but the upper strut mounts deteriate qiuckley, had mine changed at 10,000 miles this could be providng the thump the bearings get crushed and the mounts pancake so it might have a open tolerance and that would bounce and thump. Caddy fixed my car, the frontend noises were removed by replacing both upper strut mounts with a new design, frontend noises all gone in super cold temps as well. Montrose Caddilac, Hermitage Pa.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.