New srx 2010
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, New srx 2010 in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hi, Bought this SRX 12/31/09. 40 miles from dealership a deer decided it did not like me or my new ...
    nanamom is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

New srx 2010

Hi,
    Bought this SRX 12/31/09. 40 miles from dealership a deer decided it did not like me or my new car. Crushed into the passenger side of vehicle. 2010 will get better.

Besides the damage to the car I do not like the front license dealer plates. Any suggestions what to do about this? When I saw the car with it I had no idea it could not be taken off without leaving holes in it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Re: New srx 2010

Welcome and sorry.........I feel for you.

Do you live in a state that requires a front plate? If not, why the hell did they put it on????
    You can get colored "plugs" to fill the holes or have the holes filled, and the fascia repainted.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Well, providing you live in a state/province that doesn't require a front plate (or you just don't care), and it is going into the bodyshop... i would talk to the bodyman and work a deal to get rid of those front holes!

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

If you do "not" live in a state that mandates front registration plates, it is absolutely reprehensible that any dealer would mutilate your front bumper for the sake of attaining free advertisement. I hope that's not the case here.

They tried to put a metal dealer name plate on the liftgate of my SRX. I quickly put an end to that notion.

Sube

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

That wuz the first thing I did when I got home. Got the hair dryer out, and removed their tacky dealership sticker.
    Then I took off their tacky rear lic plate holder.

CMJT is offline Cadillac Owners Member

This thread is useless without pictures. We need to see what the deer did.

dctex99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Lexus RX350, Satin Cashmere Metallic

Smile Re: New srx 2010

Quote Originally Posted by nanamom View Post
    Hi,
    Bought this SRX 12/31/09. 40 miles from dealership a deer decided it did not like me or my new car. Crushed into the passenger side of vehicle. 2010 will get better.

Besides the damage to the car I do not like the front license dealer plates. Any suggestions what to do about this? When I saw the car with it I had no idea it could not be taken off without leaving holes in it.
    If you got a car with the front license holder mounted; I am sure you live in a front mandated state, and the POLICE are cracking down. They use a front license plate scan to find stolen cars now,;;I know; after 5 years without one on my car, I got a "fix it ticket" to put mine on!!!

DarrinMI is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

So sorry to hear about the accident. It is almost like the deer want to be hit. As someone else suggested, if you are not required to have a front plate by law in your area have the body shop get rid of the thing when it is in for repairs. Shame on the dealer for putting it on your car if it is not required.
    On another note, I am glad that I am not the only one who hates dealer stickers and plates on the car. After dealing with the same salesman for years he knows nothing on the tailgate. I will take the plate frame, but that is it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrinMI View Post
    I will take the plate frame, but that is it.
    I usually don't want either on my cars. However, everyone at my dealership was so nice, I actually agreed to give them a little free advertisement by accepting the plate frame.

Sube

xrs01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2

Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    I usually don't want either on my cars. However, everyone at my dealership was so nice, I actually agreed to give them a little free advertisement by accepting the plate frame.

Sube

I have a nice collection of plate frames on my garage wall...

Thanks GM and Cap. I live in a state that does not require front plates. When i saw the picture of the SRX and bought it I assumed the tag would come off. We had know idea it was riveted to it. It the body man does the plugs and paint will it look right?

Also, I told you about the deer hitting the car. The body man is going to just replace the skin and then paint the doors. Do you know it this will look good and still new?

Thanks GM and Cap. I live in a state that does not require front plates. When i saw the picture of the SRX and bought it I assumed the tag would come off. We had know idea it was riveted to it. It the body man does the plugs and paint will it look right?

Also, I told you about the deer hitting the car. The body man is going to just replace the skin and then paint the doors. Do you know it this will look good and still new?
    Your SRX may have been acquired as a trade with another dealer in a different state....one that "does" require a front reg. plate. That's the only logical reason I can think of as to why they put that on the front bumper.

What color is your car? If it's Crystal Red or Platinum Ice, be very selective in choosing a body shop to repaint. Both those colors use a Tri-Coat paint job that is difficult to match.

Sube

It is the Silver Color!!!

It is the Silver Color!!!
    Should be fairly easy to match.

Sube

Just found out the damage to the car is $5,000 they are going to put new doors on. We asked the body guy about the front plates he said that it would not look right. He would need to put new bumper on.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.