What was I thinking?!?!?!?!?!?!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, What was I thinking?!?!?!?!?!?! in Cadillac SRX Forums; ...
    GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

What was I thinking?!?!?!?!?!?!

Hopefully this will put the debate, and unfair comparisons to rest.
    The 2010 Equinox I ordered came in yesterday. It is a LTZ, FWD. Options are V6, 18” wheels, and sunroof. MSRP $31,335.00.
    It is a very nice vehicle……….for a Chevy. The cockpit is nicely set up. Lots of storage spaces. The console storage was huge. I could have put a 30 pack in there. OK, maybe a twelve pack. The seats were comfy.
    My wife immediately pointed out that the passenger seat adjustment was manual, which I thought unusual for the top of the line LTZ.
    Upon driving it, I noticed a lot of wind noise, road noise, and engine noise. I just felt like I was driving a Chevy. Not too smooth, not too harsh. But just very noisy.
    It handled well, and had plenty of pep. I liked that the rear seats slid forward a good 8 Inches. I did not like that the rear seats did not even come close to folding flat.
    I would call it 25 degrees at best.
    All in all, not a bad vehicle though. It did have a rear view camera in the rear view mirror, which was nice. I was not impressed with the Pioneer stereo. It had a compact spare tire. 3 year, 36K warranty

We then drove a 2010 SRX, Luxury, FWD. MSRP $36,910.00. We were curious what the additional $5575.00 would get us.
    Shame on me, I should have known better.
    The cockpit is set up nicely. The seats felt very comfy as well, plus power lumbar.
    My wife pointed out that her seat was power, and she had her own temp control as well.
    She also felt like she had alot more leg room. Even alot more than our current SRX.
    I loved the gauges. There was more storage areas in the Equinox. But that was OK with me.
    Upon driving it, it was very quiet, and drove like a Cadillac that I am used to.
    It had plenty of pep. I was concerned because, I have driven a Northstar V8 for the last 3 years,
    and had a feeling that it would feel underpowered. I did not feel that way at all.
    It handled much better than the Equinox as well. It was more responsive.
    The rear storage area is a bit wider than the Equinox, and the seats fold basically flat, or at least less than 5 degrees.
    The Ultraview is huge compared to the meager sunroof in the Equinox.
    The SRX had front & rear parking assist, Bose system, wood trim, and the home link system. It had an compressor, instead of a spare tire.
    We parked them side by side, and there was no comparison.
    The Equinox looked like a homely box, and the SRX looked like it came from outer space.
    I like the rims on the SRX much better as well. I will take Michelin over Hankook tires any day.
    I really like the push button start as well.
    4 year, 50K warranty

So both had leather, heated seats, 18” tires, remote start, and a V6, but that’s about all they had in common.
    We were pleasantly surprised with what an additional $5575.00 got us.
    So sorry Equinox, but we brought home a SRX. It is Platinum Ice, so add another $995.00.

I would like to apologizie to the SRX. I was one of the ones, who called it a souped up Saturn Vue.
    It is a lot like the first gen SRX; it took a while for that to grow on me as well. I then drove a 04 for 2 years, and a 06 for three years.
    I also think some colors disguise the “Vue Affect” better than others.
    So after comparing it side by side to the Equinox, souped up View or not, it is an awesome vehicle for the money.
    My 2006 AWD, V8, Luxury, listed for $50,040.00. I feel the 2010 is every bit the vehicle, for a whole lot less.
    GMS, and $500.00 waiver not to bring the vehicle back, we got a 4 model year newer vehicle, our payment went up $20.00 a month,
    and our insurance went down $100.00 a year.
    We Win.

old vs. new

Sporty in it's own Chevy way. Yes, that is a white Saturn Vue next to it. 2 funny

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Re: What was I thinking?!?!?!?!?!?!

Jim,

"What was I thinking?!?!?!?!?!?!" Enough said.

Sounds like you've already beat yourself up over this, so I won't contribute to the abuse. You did finally come to your senses, so you're forgiven.

By the way, never did see the resemblance to the Saturn Vue.

Welcome to the club.

Sube

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

I think the side vent is about the only "Vue" thing i can see. Other then that, great pick Jim!

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Congrats, Jim! I also briefly considered the Equinox, but it only took one "walk-around" for me to discard that idea ASAP. (I was also surprised that the LTZ model wasn't dressed up a bit more. We have an LTZ Tahoe that is the bomb.) Anyhow, your new SRX is a beaut.

stevebaker is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX AWD, Luxur collection

Hey Jim we must have traveled the same path. My wife and I test drove the Equinox. The MPG and price tag generated enough interest on our part to at least check it out. We tested the car on a dreary rainy norCal day. Not bad we thought. We left the Chevy dealership and went straight to the Cadillac dealer to test drive an SRX/Luxury collection/AWD. I drove while my wife sat first in the front seat and then in the back seat. I was impressed enough to overcome the price delta. I felt the SRX was more value for the money, but I wasn't sure about my wife.

One look from her said it all. We bought the SRX two weeks later.

~Steve

jcarlilesiu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Ice SRX4 Luxury Collection +Nav +RSE - 35,000M

Im not the only Platinum Ice owner on the forum now

Congrats on your purchase. You got the lighter interior though, which actually makes a huge difference to the outside appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
    Im not the only Platinum Ice owner on the forum now
    Sorry, but, um.......uh........great minds think alike?

Captain, The side vent, and the upper, and lower feature lines coming from the vent. Plus the roof is similar.

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

LOL, shortly after I bought my SRX, I was parked in the "north 40" at the mall. When I came out and was walking to the car I noticed a Saturn Vue circling my SRX like a vulture. I guess they were ing.

SoftballDad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX (FWD Luxury)

First, congrats GMJim on getting an SRX. Nice comparison you did. The more practical side of me thought about an Equinox too, but didn't go so far as to see it in person. I guess I figured any number of vehicles would have been nice enough. But nothing stood out like the SRX. Funny, a few days before my SRX arrived an Equinox appeared in my neighbor's driveway across the street. Had me doing a little second guessing. But since getting it, couldn't imagine having a different vehicle.

I guess I see some exterior similarities with the Vue, but did GM need to use a Vue illustration in the SRX manual (p8-42)!? Just not right.

Barry626 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by GMJim View Post
    Sorry, but, um.......uh........great minds think alike?

Captain, The side vent, and the upper, and lower feature lines coming from the vent. Plus the roof is similar.
    I have no clue what people think their seeing?
    There is nothing in common with these 2 cars @ all.

CMJT is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I don't think they look that much alike. MAybe to someone who isn't as car person but don't see much in common at all.

dctex99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Lexus RX350, Satin Cashmere Metallic

Yes,,,,only noticeable to car people...if I showed the two pics to my neighbor, he would say they were the same vehicle,
    if I pressed him, he would say they have different wheels.....he has two Camrys...lol

Barry626 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by dctex99 View Post
    Yes,,,,only noticeable to car people...if I showed the two pics to my neighbor, he would say they were the same vehicle,
    if I pressed him, he would say they have different wheels.....he has two Camrys...lol
    Then your neighbor needs new glasses, they look nothing alike @ all!

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Barry626 View Post
    Then your neighbor needs new glasses, they look nothing alike @ all!

Oh wait! Now I see it. They do look similar.....in much the same way as a neanderthal compared to modern man.

Sube

Another good thread gone bad........sorry I said anything.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.