Voice tAGS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Voice tAGS in Cadillac SRX Forums; Is anyone else having trouble storing the following? Name, Home Name, Mobile Or anything that contains the same first part ...
    JeniG is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Voice tAGS

Is anyone else having trouble storing the following?
    Name, Home
    Name, Mobile

Or anything that contains the same first part followed by a different second part? I also can't create two tags for people with same first name, different last name - not very useful :-(

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Re: Voice tAGS

Quote Originally Posted by JeniG View Post
    Is anyone else having trouble storing the following?
    Name, Home
    Name, Mobile

Or anything that contains the same first part followed by a different second part? I also can't create two tags for people with same first name, different last name - not very useful :-(
    Yes, I touched on this in another thread. Try saying: Martha, Home and Mobile, Martha. You'll have to do the same if you have two people with the same first name. For that, use the first name first for one. Last name first for the other.

You need to contact Cadillac (not the dealer) to complain about this. Only then will they implement a software update to fix this. If they only get 1 or 2 complaints, they won't bother to address at. They need to hear this from everyone.

Sube

algiorda is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony

Try calling a restricted number that requires *82 before the number. It will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by algiorda View Post
    Try calling a restricted number that requires *82 before the number. It will never happen.
    You mean you can't program the *82 in front of the number? Why not?

Sube

Call Cadillac On This!

I just contacted Cadillac Customer Assistance and they confirmed my suspicions about the name tag issue (and any other issues). They need to receive additional complaints from other SRX owners before a software update can be developed to fix this. She took my VIN and gave me an incident no. She also told me if I knew anyone else who has this same problem, have them call in so they can get it on record.

This is a very simple problem for them to fix, but it's not going to happen unless we complain about it.

Cadillac Customer Assistance, 800-458-8006

Sube

algiorda is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony

Unfortunately, the "*" asterisk character is not recognized by the voice recognition software. I called Cadillac on this and they passed me on to the service provider, Verizon, who sent me back to Cadillac. I just threw my hands up and gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by algiorda View Post
    Unfortunately, the "*" asterisk character is not recognized by the voice recognition software. I called Cadillac on this and they passed me on to the service provider, Verizon, who sent me back to Cadillac. I just threw my hands up and gave up.
    Oh, you're talking about dialing by numbers using voice recognition. I never do that. That's why I thought you were talking about dialing using Name Tags. Have you tried using Name Tags? If it's someone you dial regularly, you might as well add them to your phone book using a Name Tag. Then the command will simply be: Handsfree/Call/Person's Name.

When you called Cadillac, did you complain about the "same name" issue while you were on the line?

Sube

Re: Call Cadillac On This!

Okay - I'm going to call them on Monday and complain about the voice tag problem and while I'm at it complain that voice tag is the only method. I see no reason why it shouldn't work like the address book and have the ability to store some number of preset phones using the touchscreen.

While I'm at it complain that voice tag is the only method. I see no reason why it shouldn't work like the address book and have the ability to store some number of preset phones using the touchscreen.
    Good idea Jen. I think I'll do the same. You should be able to "see" what's in the address book and not be limited to just voice tags only.

Sube

I contacted Customer Assistance and reported the problem. I received an incident # etc and they contacted me today sounding like a typical 'I don't know anything' kind of Customer Assistance responder. She told me to bring my car to the dealership so they could show me how it works or find out why MY car is broken. I kept trying to explain it was a software bug not specific to my car and she wasn't having any of it and kept repeating to bring it into the dealership. I suggested Cadillac could do the test without my specific car by she kept throwing it back on me bringing my car in. I finally hung up on her :-(

I contacted Customer Assistance and reported the problem. I received an incident # etc and they contacted me today sounding like a typical 'I don't know anything' kind of Customer Assistance responder. She told me to bring my car to the dealership so they could show me how it works or find out why MY car is broken. I kept trying to explain it was a software bug not specific to my car and she wasn't having any of it and kept repeating to bring it into the dealership. I suggested Cadillac could do the test without my specific car by she kept throwing it back on me bringing my car in. I finally hung up on her :-(
    Believe me, I understand your frustration. When I called I predicted they would misinterpret this as a problem specific to my vehicle. That's why the first thing I told them was that this is a "design defect" IN ALL SRX'S. I told them several friends (people on this forum) had the same issue and that they needed a software update to fix this.

If they get enough complaints, they'll release an update. If they don't, unfortunately it probably won't be fixed until the release of the 2011 model. I hope the latter is not the case.

Sube

That was exactly the tact I took - I must have repeated 16 times that it was a software bug and not specific to my car and mentioned the forum etc. I must have gotten an incredibly stupid agent. I guess I will have to try calling the dealership and see if they can do something - I guess they have more clout anyway.

I must have gotten an incredibly stupid agent.
    Bingo! Give that lady a gold star.

I guess I will have to try calling the dealership and see if they can do something - I guess they have more clout anyway.
    I doubt if you'd have better luck at the dealer. This has to come from the top, down. Besides, dealers get flak from the car companies for problems they can't handle at their level.

Sube

xrs01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2

I must have gotten an incredibly stupid agent.
    Is there such a thing as a smart agent??

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Actually yes. And they probably get paid very little to put up with rude jackasses all day. Instead of calling this a "problem", why not approach it as a "proposed improvement?"

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.