HID Glare
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, HID Glare in Cadillac SRX Forums; All - I am getting a lot of oncoming cars flashing their lights at me thinking that I have my ...
    rtsittner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium AWD in Graphite Metallic

HID Glare

All - I am getting a lot of oncoming cars flashing their lights at me thinking that I have my high beams on. And recently, I drove behind my wife and she said that the glare in her rear view mirror was pretty bad. The manual shows how to adjust the beam level on page 9-31, but the V1 and V2 aiming screws are not visible in the locations noted in the pictures.

I live on an island, and it is not convenient to run down to the dealer for such a simple (or should I say apparently simple) task.

Any techs out there able to give me some advice?

Randy

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Re: HID Glare

Quote Originally Posted by rtsittner View Post
    All - I am getting a lot of oncoming cars flashing their lights at me thinking that I have my high beams on. And recently, I drove behind my wife and she said that the glare in her rear view mirror was pretty bad. The manual shows how to adjust the beam level on page 9-31, but the V1 and V2 aiming screws are not visible in the locations noted in the pictures.

I live on an island, and it is not convenient to run down to the dealer for such a simple (or should I say apparently simple) task.

Any techs out there able to give me some advice?

Randy
    I believe you may be "assuming" the beam is not level. This is very unlikely, as these are self leveling headlights. These headlights are just extremely bright. Hence the name HID....HIGH, Intensity Discharge. The oncoming drivers flashing their lights are assuming you have your high beams on based on the brightness level compared to all of the other cars. The percentage of vehicles out there with HID headlights is still pretty low, so this is likely to happen until most drivers realize this.

Sube

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Indeed. I got flashed a few times in my Cobalt (with a projector HID upgrade). Most people just see extra bright lights and think they are on their highs. Also, the relative height of the lights to other drivers' eyes doesn't help them either.

NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

This is my first vehicle without HID (though I prefer them
    because the road ahead is much brighter with them).

I don't miss people flashing their high beams at me.

Trust me, with HID lights it is a common problem. Even
    had a cop pull me over a year ago thinking I was riding
    behind him with my high beams on.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.