Cadillac Owners Forum banner

HID Glare

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  NJRonbo 
#1 ·
All - I am getting a lot of oncoming cars flashing their lights at me thinking that I have my high beams on. And recently, I drove behind my wife and she said that the glare in her rear view mirror was pretty bad. The manual shows how to adjust the beam level on page 9-31, but the V1 and V2 aiming screws are not visible in the locations noted in the pictures.

I live on an island, and it is not convenient to run down to the dealer for such a simple (or should I say apparently simple) task.

Any techs out there able to give me some advice?

Randy

#2 ·
I believe you may be "assuming" the beam is not level. This is very unlikely, as these are self leveling headlights. These headlights are just extremely bright. Hence the name HID....HIGH, Intensity Discharge. The oncoming drivers flashing their lights are assuming you have your high beams on based on the brightness level compared to all of the other cars. The percentage of vehicles out there with HID headlights is still pretty low, so this is likely to happen until most drivers realize this.

Sube

#3 ·
Indeed. I got flashed a few times in my Cobalt (with a projector HID upgrade). Most people just see extra bright lights and think they are on their highs. Also, the relative height of the lights to other drivers' eyes doesn't help them either.

#4 ·
This is my first vehicle without HID (though I prefer them
because the road ahead is much brighter with them).

I don't miss people flashing their high beams at me.

Trust me, with HID lights it is a common problem. Even
had a cop pull me over a year ago thinking I was riding
behind him with my high beams on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.