Why an SRX over a CTS? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Why an SRX over a CTS? in Cadillac SRX Forums; You obviously should test drive them one after the other, if your used to a car, this sits totally differently ...
    NoyzRulz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac SRX

Re: Why an SRX over a CTS?

You obviously should test drive them one after the other, if your used to a car, this sits totally differently and might even ride a bit stiffer then your used to. Easier to get in and out of and your going to sit up higher. For me, I leased a DTS one time and drove 12 hours to N Carolina. As soon as I arrived, I had to rent a second car, a Yukon SUV because I could barely walk due to back pain and the rental agency didn't have anything else for me. A different ride for sure, just like a CTS, DTS or Escalade will all ride different. This gives you the SUV ride and feel minus the weight that you can "feel" in a large SUV. I drove my SRX to Florida from NY and after 14 hours was ready to go more. I have done this same long trip in other vehicles including pickup trucks, and I was amazed at how well this rode for me. I really can say I expected worse.

As I always say, people need to remember that a crossover is a jack of all trades but rarely does any one thing exceptionally. I have heard various comments from people about the SRX because people just don't understand that a crossover is simply a smaller SUV. For example, it can tow but lacks torque with the V6, it's very comfortable but most likely not as luxurious as an Escalade, it's quick but 0-60 under 7 seconds is not fast, you can lower the seats and put a good amount of cargo in but it's no pickup truck, with the all wheel drive it's excellent in bad weather but I doubt I would go off road too far, you can comfortably seat 5 people but a 3rd row would be silly.

Hope that helps and makes sense

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by NoyzRulz View Post
    It can tow but lacks torque with the V6, it's very comfortable but most likely not as luxurious as an Escalade, it's quick but 0-60 under 7 seconds is not fast, you can lower the seats and put a good amount of cargo in but it's no pickup truck, with the all wheel drive it's excellent in bad weather but I doubt I would go off road too far, you can comfortably seat 5 people but a 3rd row would be silly.

Hope that helps and makes sense
    I'd say you hit the nail right on the head.

NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Noyz, that's an excellent analogy.

BTW, the most "dreamlike" drive I ever
    had with a Cadillac was an STS. Rented
    one for a few days. Terrific pickup and
    you never felt the road.

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I thought an SUV was truck-based, but a CUV (crossover) is on a car chassis. Is this not the case? The whole SUV/Crossover thing is a mystery.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

You are correct RT.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by RightTurn View Post
    I thought an SUV was truck-based, but a CUV (crossover) is on a car chassis. Is this not the case? The whole SUV/Crossover thing is a mystery.
    I don't think that's correct. The terms are loosely based. Just like technically, most 2 door coupes have too much interior space and should be called 2 door sedans.

And I still like the moonroofs in my Vs that most people just want to call sunroofs. Silly buying public...

To me, a coupe is a 2-door vehicle; a sedan has 4 doors. I don't know why "they" have to change the definitions in mid-stream.

To me, a coupe is a 2-door vehicle; a sedan has 4 doors. I don't know why "they" have to change the definitions in mid-stream.
    My parents' BMW 2002 has been termed a 2 door sedan since the day it was built...

Pfffffffft.

Pfffffffft.
    You're so hawt when you're befuddled...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.