Will the golf clubs fit?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Will the golf clubs fit? in Cadillac SRX Forums; I looked at a new 2010 SRX this weekend and the sales guy claims a standard size cart bag with ...
    GarryW is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Will the golf clubs fit?

I looked at a new 2010 SRX this weekend and the sales guy claims a standard size cart bag with a 45" driver will fit across the back opening (not laying down toward the front seats) but it looks like its not wide enough.

Can any golfers out there answer this question?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GMJim is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Re: Will the golf clubs fit?

I know i doesn't fit either way in the first gen SRX. I had to lay it
    diagnally. I don't think the new SRX is any wider.
    I get some wierd looks when I take a couple sets of golf clubs, hockey bag, hockey sticks,
    etc to a test drive. But I want to know then, not after I buy it, if things will fit or not.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I tried my bulky tour bag with a Taylormade R7 driver, and it fit. Since the opening is smaller than the width of the cargo area, this requires a "maneuver" that isn't really as complicated as it's about to sound. Hold the bag at about a 45 deg angle (clubheads up), drop the bottom of the bag in first on one side, then lower the heads of the clubs in. The trick is to get the bag and clubheads inside the opening before turning the bag horizontal.

Incidentally, this did NOT work on my wife's 2007 SRX- the only way to carry them in that was to slide the 2nd row seat a little forward, then put the clubs in laying front to back. The new SRX is definitely wider in the rear cargo area.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

GarryW is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The lift up and over method sounds a little better but then its not as good as my wifes Murano. On her 2009 SL there is at least 2" clearance on the top and bottom of the bag when you lay the bag down down parallel to the bumper. I'm sure the design team had to give in a bit so they could keep the exterior appearance the way they wanted it.

jeaston@nc.rr.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

This is very frustrating on my 2005 SRX. I generally take the driver out so I can get two sets in diagonally. What were they thinking. Am looking at the 2010 and this seems to still be a concern.

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

The problem with my 06 SRX cargo area was that is was only as wide as the space between the wheel wells. The rear corners behind the wheel wells and beyond the width of the liftgate were closed off. (I think the power liftgate mechanism occupied the space on the left side.) If my wife's wheelchair was back there, additional cargo space was very limited. (A good thing when shopping.) I had more "trunk space" in my 04 CTS and way more in my 07 MKZ.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by jeaston@nc.rr.com View Post
    This is very frustrating on my 2005 SRX. I generally take the driver out so I can get two sets in diagonally. What were they thinking. Am looking at the 2010 and this seems to still be a concern.

It's a lot better in the 2010. The cargo area is wider, and the wheel arches don't protrude into that area as much due to the chassis change.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.