Another dead battery+bad transmission module - is Cadillac shipping 2010 SRX lemons? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Another dead battery+bad transmission module - is Cadillac shipping 2010 SRX lemons? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by sube5186 I know many are in a panic over this, but I look at it like this. ...
    Barry626 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Re: Another dead battery+bad transmission module - is Cadillac shipping 2010 SRX lemo

Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post

I know many are in a panic over this, but I look at it like this. It's actually good that they can change the way the car behaves via a software update. I would prefer that over them needing to replace a physical part on the car.
    Sube

More people should be like you instead of getting stressed out, they'll live longer too!

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: Another dead battery+bad transmission module - is Cadillac shipping 2010 SRX lemo

Quote Originally Posted by Barry626 View Post
    Sube

More people should be like you instead of getting stressed out, they'll live longer too!
    Indeed!

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

After Battery Drain Software Update

Findings Since Battery Drain Software Update -

No noticeable difference, but then again, as I stated before I wasn't having battery problems to start with. Just for the heck of it, I monitored the battery charge level via the DIC on the drive home from the dealer's yesterday. It ranged betwen 14.5- 14.8 volts. Car's been sitting in the garage ever since (approx. 30 hrs.). Just now checked it again. It's at 14.6 volts. All perfectly normal.

Conclusion -

If you're not having battery issues, don't make a special trip to the dealer. But if you're going there for something else, get the software update just to avoid any potential future problems.

P.S. While I was getting the battery software update, they also did some kind of software update for the audio system. The Service Manager didn't know specifically what that one was for. Haven't noticed any changes with the radio. The radio station presets had to be reprogrammed, but that's standard anytime they do an update for the radio.

Sube

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

It sounds like GM has taken a big step backwards in quality launches with this vehicle. After decades of GM ownership, I feel I may have owned may last late model GM vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by c5 rv View Post
    It sounds like GM has taken a big step backwards in quality launches with this vehicle. After decades of GM ownership, I feel I may have owned may last late model GM vehicle.
    That's a pretty radical assumption. You have to keep in mind that the vehicles on this site with problems represent a very small percentage of the total sold thus far. The vast majority of owners who have had no problems or only minor issues, are "not" on this forum. People who have problems seek out forums like these for answers/support. For the most part, don't expect the happy SRX owner to be perusing forums. Of course, the exception to this are the auto enthusiasts like myself.

Sube

rreuben is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: After Battery Drain Software Update

I monitored the battery charge level via the DIC on the drive home from the dealer's yesterday. It ranged betwen 14.5- 14.8 volts. Car's been sitting in the garage ever since (approx. 30 hrs.). Just now checked it again. It's at 14.6 volts. All perfectly normal.
    Thanks for posting this. This is good info to know.

Interestingly, my battery voltage when the car is off is in the 12.2 - 12.5V range and when running, the voltage starts off at 14.2V, then dipping to ~13.5V (and staying in that vicinity most of the times). Couple days ago, I got another fright when the voltage reported after 25 min of mostly freeway driving was 12.5-12.6V (while on the road). I called my service advisor and he said not to worry if it is above 12.4V which contradicts what he showed me the previous day in a GM tech bulletin that put the min running voltage at 12.6. I will raise this with customer service when I talk to them on Monday - sounds like I may have another problem lurking out there.

Quote Originally Posted by rreuben View Post
    Thanks for posting this. This is good info to know.

Interestingly, my battery voltage when the car is off is in the 12.2 - 12.5V range and when running, the voltage starts off at 14.2V, then dipping to ~13.5V (and staying in that vicinity most of the times). Couple days ago, I got another fright when the voltage reported after 25 min of mostly freeway driving was 12.5-12.6V (while on the road). I called my service advisor and he said not to worry if it is above 12.4V which contradicts what he showed me the previous day in a GM tech bulletin that put the min running voltage at 12.6. I will raise this with customer service when I talk to them on Monday - sounds like I may have another problem lurking out there.
    Why don't you have them do the software update for the battery just to be safe?

Sube

Conclusion -

P.S. While I was getting the battery software update, they also did some kind of software update for the audio system. The Service Manager didn't know specifically what that one was for. Haven't noticed any changes with the radio. The radio station presets had to be reprogrammed, but that's standard anytime they do an update for the radio.
    Same here!

That's a pretty radical assumption. You have to keep in mind that the vehicles on this site with problems represent a very small percentage of the total sold thus far. The vast majority of owners who have had no problems or only minor issues, are "not" on this forum. People who have problems seek out forums like these for answers/support. For the most part, don't expect the happy SRX owner to be perusing forums. Of course, the exception to this are the auto enthusiasts like myself.

rreuben is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Why don't you have them do the software update for the battery just to be safe?
    Sube
    Good point. Today, I noticed the voltage stayed mostly around 15V all through my 35 min mostly freeway commute to work (as opposed to the 12.6 or 13.5 earlier). I had a long discussion with Cadillac customer service last Friday and they offered to have my SRX looked over by the dealer in collaboration with a Cadillac engineer to ensure there are no lurking problems. I will probably take the offer soon unless there is another breakdown in the meanwhile in which case a 'buyback' or exchange seems to be an option from Cadillac customer service point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by rreuben View Post
    Today, I noticed the voltage stayed mostly around 15V all through my 35 min mostly freeway commute to work (as opposed to the 12.6 or 13.5 earlier).
    Sounds like it's fixed. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Sube

mw1862 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX (FWD Performance Model)

OK, so I have been able to side step all of the issues that are posted on this forum......until today.

While serving on jury duty today, I parked in a 4 story parking structure reserved for jurors. Happy that I was excused from a panel, I thought I would be beating the traffic and getting home earlier than I thought.

As I approached my vehicle, I could tell something was not right. That is what happens when the battery is dead as door nail. Entered the car by using the real key encased in the fob. Called AAA for battery jump service and in cranked right up. The voltage read in the DIC started at 12.1 - 12.4. Once I got it on the freeway is was 14.3 - 14.7 the rest of the way home.

Just called the dealership. The Service Advisor ran my VIN and said that the only recall work on my car has already been done. They previously did an update for the NAV/Radio unit that He says had to do with the battery situation. In any case I will be taking it in tomorrow, assuming it starts in the morning. Will post results. Things were going so so well for the first 9 months and 3900 miles.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

You know... i wonder if you leave the door open on the first latch, will it lock or will it wait till the door is fully closed to lock and stop looking for the key? I'm just shooting in the dark here, but it's something i have thought about...

mw1862 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX (FWD Performance Model)

Service Technician reprogrammed BOC module and while I was there I had them do the same for the memory seats. The seats seem to be much better and the car starts. What more could you ask for?

ps. Bought a quick start battery charger to carry around just in case....

pizzofer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 XLR, 2010 SRX Turbo Premium AWD

My 2010 Turbo Premium AWD Black Raven with 20K miles just died as well. Bought the care used 6 months ago. Had an Ipod attached to the USB in the center console, but I pressed "eject" on the pop-up screen before leaving. Perhaps the ipod nano played for 4 days? Car was not used for 4 days. Tried jumping with another car, no deal. Tried jumping with AAA Battery Truck, no luck either. It tests fine, but is completely dead. Will try a new battery tomorrow.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.