Bluetooth question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Bluetooth question in Cadillac SRX Forums; How do I transfer my address book from my blackberry to the bluetooth handsfree device? I've done one by one, ...
    Ags
    Ags is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Bluetooth question

How do I transfer my address book from my blackberry to the bluetooth handsfree device? I've done one by one, but I was just wondering if I could transfer my entire address book?

Thanks in advance!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

larryk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Previously 01 BMW X5

Re: Bluetooth question

Can't...
    GM's implementation of Bluetooth only sees the cell phone as a hands free device.

Ags
    Ags is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks Larryk

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

You can store up to 35 phone numbers with voice tags in the SRX's phone book, but you'd have to enter them one at a time.

Sube

JeniG is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Unhappy Re: Bluetooth question

I just turned in my Lexus RX 350 for the Cadillac SRX mostly because I was unhappy that Lexus removed the touch screen from the Nav System. However, two days later, now that I'm finding that the bluetooth 'feature' is barely a feature at all I am regretting my choice. Does anyone know of some add-on software or 'future plans' to make this user friendly? Right now its essentially useless. There's clearly an ability to store some number of phone numbers and 'visually' display them. The voice tag thing is unacceptable

Quote Originally Posted by JeniG View Post
    I'm finding that the bluetooth 'feature' is barely a feature at all I am regretting my choice. Does anyone know of some add-on software or 'future plans' to make this user friendly? Right now its essentially useless. There's clearly an ability to store some number of phone numbers and 'visually' display them. The voice tag thing is unacceptable
    If there's a way to display numbers in the phone book, I haven't found it. This may by a future upgrade. If more people complain about it, Cadillac may just implement this feature in a software update. If you noticed, you can display names and numbers in the Nav system address book. Why they didn't carry over this feature to the phone book is beyond me.

I have to say, this is by no means a deal breaker for me. Still love the car.

Sube

JeniG is offline Cadillac Owners Member

It keeps getting worse and worse. I finally wrapped my mind around having to use 'voice tags' but apparently it won't let me give it a name with both a 'home' and 'mobile' number. If I try to store 'Name' Home and subsequently 'Name' Mobile it tells me something to the effect that the two names sound too much alike. So I guess you're also not allowed to have two friends with the same first name and different last names. Did you not have this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by JeniG View Post
    It keeps getting worse and worse. I finally wrapped my mind around having to use 'voice tags' but apparently it won't let me give it a name with both a 'home' and 'mobile' number. If I try to store 'Name' Home and subsequently 'Name' Mobile it tells me something to the effect that the two names sound too much alike. So I guess you're also not allowed to have two friends with the same first name and different last names. Did you not have this problem?
    Yes, I did have the same problem, but not with the same name. My problem was with the same name and more than one number. I resolved it like this. Just reverse the order. E.g. Martha/Home, Mobile/Martha. If you think you won't remember which is which, always make "Home" the primary, which means for the home number the name should be first. For two people with the same first name, try using the last name first for one of the people.

Sometimes glitches like this just aren't discovered in productions tests. These are the types of problems I believe will eventually be addressed in a future software update. Again, you have to complain to Cadillac. When they get enough complaints, they'll realize the problem and hopefully implement a change.

Sube

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.