Hard time deciding.. to get an SRX or not
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Hard time deciding.. to get an SRX or not in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hey board... I just finished a 3 year lease with a 2007 BMW 328XI.. nice lil car. Now that im ...
    JD76 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Lux FWD

Hard time deciding.. to get an SRX or not

Hey board...

I just finished a 3 year lease with a 2007 BMW 328XI.. nice lil car. Now that im car-less, ive been eyeing different makes and models and the SRX has been grabbing my attention. Im looking to lease.

Here are my concerns:

1) Its the 1st year of this new update - they may need to iron out problems... like the rattling im reading about and other problems if they arise.
    2) Ive never owned an American car before. I really wanna support our own. Of course people advise me not to.. but I really do feel US cars are on the up.. do u agree?

For the most part - is everyone who has purchased/leased one satisfied?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hapycadyownr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Re: Hard time deciding.. to get an SRX or not

Just look at my name!
    GM has come a long way in recent years to improve the first time quality of their vehicles. It's more public since the bankruptcy and the impression is that these are recent changes. But the fact of the matter is that quality has been an overriding concern and the path to get there has been a focus for a long time. I honestly believe that major issues with new vehicle launches is a thing of the past.

GarryW is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Coming from a BMW X3, I think you may be disappointed from a performance stand point. The X3 is a smaller vehicle and weighs less than an SRX, so handling maybe different too. As the saying goes, you MUST drive one and then make you're decision to see if it's what you're looking for in car. From what other posters have stated, the SRX maybe underpowered but again that may be subjective.

I am looking to drive an SRX soon just to see how it compares to the wife's 2009 Murano, which I love to drive more than my 2008 STS!

I've leased two STS's in the past 5 years and Cadillac Smart Lease has been very competitive with BMW, Lexus, etc. My 2008 is an improvement over my 2005, so I'm expecting even more quality improvments in a 2011 model.

The luxury cross over market is pretty crowded right now, so you have a lot work to do!

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

JD,
    There are not many attrative lease's currently. Most I have seen require 3-4K down.
    I would love to see you in our product though. I can now get GMS for 2
    people a month coming from a non GM product. If that would sway your
    decision, let me know. It would shave about 3K off.

Personally, I drove one yesterday. Very nice vehicle, but coming from a 2006 SRX
    it felt small. It did have plenty of pep, and the enterior is very nice. I just still can't get past
    the Saturn View look from the side.
    The vehicle was not nice enough for me to not follow through on the Equinox I ordered, that is
    being built this week. I went in the dealership, looking for a reason to back out of the Equinox, and
    I didn't find one. Though the price difference is only about 6K, I just didn't fall
    in love with the vehicle, like I had hoped I would. I will miss the V8, and the 50K warrenty,
    and the fine folks on this forum, but that's about it.
    Thanks for considering GM.

DarrinMI is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

JD go to your Cadillac dealer and take one out for a drive. I have been driving one now for about 3 weeks and have found absolutely nothing wrong with my SRX. It is a different driving experience from the leased Buick Rainier that I turned in. I enjoyed the Rainier, but felt strongly enough about the SRX to purchase my first vehicle in over 15 years. There are plenty of crossovers on the market right now. Do yourself a favor and take a few out for a spin.

jcarlilesiu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Ice SRX4 Luxury Collection +Nav +RSE - 35,000M

Quote Originally Posted by GarryW View Post
    Coming from a BMW X3, I think you may be disappointed from a performance stand point. The X3 is a smaller vehicle and weighs less than an SRX, so handling maybe different too.
    I disagree, I traded in a 2004 X3 on our SRX.

The X3 had only decent pick-up but noticibly out performed the Caddy in handling. The SRX is on par with the X3 in regard to pick-up. The X3 was on rails in regard to performance. There is however a downside to that. The X3, and most BMWs for that matter, drive very rough over bad pavement. In Chicago, we have our fair share of pot holes and unmaintained streets. The X3 did not shine in this respect. I felt it too rough and not very forgiving making the driving experience less pleasurable.

We purchased the SRX not because we disliked the X3, but rather appreciated some qualities of the SRX over the X3. There are definately things we will miss with the BMW brand.

Overall, we have been very satisfied with the ride quality and comfort of the Cadillac. Though I miss the BMW performance slightly, the Cadillac makes up for it in convenience and comfortability.

tsenior is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post

The X3 had only decent pick-up but noticibly out performed the Caddy in handling. The SRX is on par with the X3 in regard to pick-up. The X3 was on rails in regard to performance. There is however a downside to that. The X3, and most BMWs for that matter, drive very rough over bad pavement. In Chicago, we have our fair share of pot holes and unmaintained streets. The X3 did not shine in this respect. I felt it too rough and not very forgiving making the driving experience less pleasurable.

We purchased the SRX not because we disliked the X3, but rather appreciated some qualities of the SRX over the X3. There are definately things we will miss with the BMW brand.

Overall, we have been very satisfied with the ride quality and comfort of the Cadillac. Though I miss the BMW performance slightly, the Cadillac makes up for it in convenience and comfortability.
    What trim do you have? The ride is dependant on what SRX trim you get. I have the performance FWD and it's rough for my taste.

Barry626 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post

Barry626 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by tsenior View Post
    What trim do you have? The ride is dependant on what SRX trim you get. I have the performance FWD and it's rough for my taste.
    I have the Performance AWD and no way rough @ all.
    I had 2 BMW's & NEVER again they were like riding on railroad tracks.
    Every time I hit a pot hole even tiny one I thought I loss my teeth fillings!

volfan615 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

I'm coming out of a BMW 335i lease in a few months and now looking at a midsize SUV. The SRX wasn't initially on my list but stopped by the caddy dealer one day last week really just to waste time. Now I'm seriously considering the SRX. Also looking at the FX35, XC90 and Buick Enclave. I could probably get a good loyalty deal on one of the beemers but they are just ridiculously expensive to equip it like the others I am looking at. Same for the MB and Lexus.

Quote Originally Posted by tsenior View Post
    We have the luxary AWD.

If you think this is rough, the BMW will feel like it has no suspension at all.

Quote Originally Posted by volfan615 View Post
    I'm coming out of a BMW 335i lease in a few months and now looking at a midsize SUV. The SRX wasn't initially on my list but stopped by the caddy dealer one day last week really just to waste time. Now I'm seriously considering the SRX. Also looking at the FX35, XC90 and Buick Enclave. I could probably get a good loyalty deal on one of the beemers but they are just ridiculously expensive to equip it like the others I am looking at. Same for the MB and Lexus.
    I agree. I wanted the X5, but I wanted it loaded. Comparing the X5 to the SRX was a 40K difference.

Just can't bring myself to do that for the name on the back of the car.

Cuhulin is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I rented an SRX over the weekend --I saw one at the Enterprise lot at the airport when I was going to rent a cheaper vehicle, went to the counter and spoke about the cost, then drove it off the lot.

Both my wife and I love this car!

bozowing is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I too lost faith in GM cars and I'm from Michigan and my dad is retired Chevy man. I'll admit the GMS price had a lot to do with it. But after having the SRX over a month and 1K miles later we've had zero issues. Thankfully hae no rattling issues either, so hopefully that was the very first batch out of the factory thing.

As for the pick up thing, i can't ever get it why would anyone expect or think a crossover is going to be sport car like? If pickup is such a big thing than either stay with a V8 or go to a performance line. The SRX pick-up gets you down the road when it's needed, but come on you'r driving a luzury line Caddy not a race car! Maybe GM will produce SRX-V for the pcik-up minded folks.

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by bozowing View Post
    As for the pick up thing, i can't ever get it why would anyone expect or think a crossover is going to be sport car like? If pickup is such a big thing than either stay with a V8 or go to a performance line. The SRX pick-up gets you down the road when it's needed, but come on you'r driving a luzury line Caddy not a race car! Maybe GM will produce SRX-V for the pcik-up minded folks.
    People forget about the "Sport Mode". Makes a huge difference in pickup!

Also, I read somewhere that the transmission "learns" your driving style and adapts accordingly. I've noticed this, as the "Comfort Mode" is much more responsive than when I first got the car.

Sube

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.