1 Month Old - Battery Dead! - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 1 Month Old - Battery Dead! in Cadillac SRX Forums; You mean about my last post? Yeah its English. The 10 SRX has an electric parking brake, but when you ...
    ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

Re: 1 Month Old - Battery Dead!

You mean about my last post?

Yeah its English.
    The 10 SRX has an electric parking brake, but when you can't turn the ignition on the only way to release it is manually but there is no manual release.
    You have to access a "plug" on the brake actuator mounted on the rear crossmember, but they don't tell me where it is on the unit.
    They say use an "appropriate square drive tool" but they don't say what size it is or what is "appropriate".
    And they say you have to turn it up to 50 times to release the brake fully.

All of that after step 1, raise and suitably support the vehicle.
    How you going to do that on the side of the road?
    Nutty.

mw1862 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX (FWD Performance Model)

Technology is a wonderful thing...

Until something goes wrong. If a Cadillac Tech can't figure out how to manually release the parking brake what would the user do in an emergency?

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Call OnStar, have them drag it onto a flat bed, and head on over to the dealer. =(

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

TheCaptain is right... you'd just have them put it on dollies and tow it to me so I'd have to deal with it...

An engineer reassured me today that it can be released using the scan tool... however the scan tool is PC based and I'd have to get the vehicle in range of my wireless network to activate that feature.

NNNNOBJECT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

This morning my wife woke me up to tell me that her new SRX wouldn't start. She was NOT happy. Before trying it myself, I thought maybe it was the issue with the brake and the push-button start, or maybe that the brake was too "pumped up" or that she wasn't pushing the brake down far enough to start it. As soon as I sat in the car I saw that everything was dead. Pushing unlock on the remote gave a slight flicker to the headlights at first, then nothing. I called the dealer (Arnold Palmer Motors, Latrobe, PA) at 7:30am and they sent 2 guys out right away to jump start it and take it for service. When I talked to the service manager, I asked him if he would check for a software update. He said that is the first thing that the technicians do, and that it seems like half of their repairs in general are software related. He agreed that there is probably nothing wrong with the battery but they would check everything out. I hope to get it back today. The guys who picked it up could not get the small cover off of the + terminal. They had to take the whole battery cover off to get to the terminals.

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by NNNNOBJECT View Post
    The guys who picked it up could not get the small cover off of the + terminal. They had to take the whole battery cover off to get to the terminals.
    NNNNOBJECT,

If you've been reading this thread, you already know about the software update to address the battery drain issue, so I won't go into that.

The small cover for the "+" battery terminal is impossible to open UNLESS you slide a flat head screwdriver or butter knife into the slot first. Of course, they don't tell you this in the owner's manual. I just kind of figured this out on my own by looking at the design. I mentioned this in another thread. Can't remember which one though. You'll need to know this in case you ever end up giving someone else a jump.

It's a pity. The stupid battery terminal cover kind of negates having that nice remote negative terminal.

Sube

NNNNOBJECT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

OK, the service manager just called me with an update about the problem. They performed the software update but he said that the software was not the cause of the battery drain. He said the software update was to address an issue with the key fob. (I'm guessing the battery drain when the fob is near the car) They believe the battery drain is due to a bad "module." They have not seen this problem yet in any other SRX so this might be an isolated problem. I'll try to find out exactly what "module" they are replacing.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.