1 Month Old - Battery Dead! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 1 Month Old - Battery Dead! in Cadillac SRX Forums; What a bummer, Sandy! I hadn't considered the sales tax issue, either. So they would not refund the sales tax ...
    RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: 1 Month Old - Battery Dead!

What a bummer, Sandy! I hadn't considered the sales tax issue, either. So they would not refund the sales tax on the original purchase?? Ugh. What a predicament. I hope it works out for you.

Barry626 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by sandyfla View Post
    My car battery went dead on day 58 of my 60 day buy back guarantee. We called onstar they sent a guy to jump the battery, after he jumped it and we let it idle for the preseccribed 30minutes - my husband notice the lighton the D was odd. He had this happento his car and it was the transmissionmodule - so he called me - I called the dealerhsip andthey sent a tow truck - the car does have a bad transmissionmodule.....now what to do....keep the car, take the cash and buy something else....since I traded my BMW for it, I didn't think about having to pay sales tax difference on the new car - will have to pay all the sales tax on a new car.....so it's not such a great deal after all - after having a problem so quickly I don't trust the car....
    smiles
    Sorry your having problems so soon.
    I do have to say though all cars break after awhile & is under warranty for 4 years.
    Fix it & you should be fine. I've had my SRX for almost 3 months & it's a fantastic car!
    Life is to short to be stressed with minor things like this, let along the $ loss.
    Nothing in life is meant to last including our own lives. Fix it & all should be good!

I've had minor glitches with my SRX like ipod disconnecting & memory seats. Not a big deal!

sandyfla is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The dealership now claims there is a confidential recall/memo issued on 12/08/09 to fix this "provlem" - it took a 5 hour download of new software. I no longer trust the car.....I travel with my dog and myself on long road trips...what if this happens at a roadside stop..not good for a woman alone on the road.

sandyfla is offline Cadillac Owners Member

On the sales tax issue - since I had a trade in - I only paid sales tax on the difference in the trade in and the cost of the new car.....which they will refund, but now it will be a cash purchase of a new car and I will have to pay sales tax on the entire amount of a new car...several thousand dollars difference.....so not a good deal

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

I hope they get things worked out for you, so you can drive your new vehicle with confidence.
    The service department should be "standing on their head" for you.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

This is not a surprise, in my life I have purchased about 40 new GM cars/trucks, pretty close to half of them the stock battery was dead in less than a year, always replaced with Optima's and never had another battery issue, don't know what they do to those Delco batteries but they do not like me.

dctex99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Lexus RX350, Satin Cashmere Metallic

Smile Re: 1 Month Old - Battery Dead!

I have NEVER had a problem with Delco batteries; I just replaced the original in my 04 GTO last month,,,5 yrs,4 months after its production. It is obviously an electrical problem in these SRX's...

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Oh...YOU have never had a problem, so it must not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by RightTurn View Post
    Oh...YOU have never had a problem, so it must not exist.
    Just relating my what has happened to me sweety I have NEVER had an early failure of a battery in
    any make or model; and many were Delcos!! It is the primary reason that Costco sold that brand for many years!!

xrs01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2

Quote Originally Posted by dctex99 View Post
    Just relating my what has happened to me sweety I have NEVER had an early failure of a battery in
    any make or model; and many were Delcos!! It is the primary reason that Costco sold that brand for many years!!
    So...Costco sold Delco for many years because you never had a failure? I use a lot of the products that Costco sells. Where do I sign up to let Costco know which products I use have failed, and which haven't?

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    Just got a call (literally minutes ago) from my Service Manager. He was calling about something totally unrelated. While on the phone, he mentioned that there's a software update available which addresses the battery dying issue. I haven't had any issues with my battery and the DIC always shows a high voltage level. However, he said when there's an update they install it in all cars whether they're having a problem or not. This is probably a good thing, since it eliminates the potential of the problem surfacing at a later date. Off to the dealer now.

I know many are in a panic over this, but I look at it like this. It's actually good that they can change the way the car behaves via a software update. I would prefer that over them needing to replace a physical part on the car.

Like I said, this was never an issue for me, so I don't expect to notice anything different after the update. If anything does change, I'll post it here.

Sube

There "is" an electrical problem that's causing some batteries to die. It's not the batteries themselves that are defective.

Sube

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...on-module.html

Quote Originally Posted by xrs01 View Post
    So...Costco sold Delco for many years because you never had a failure? I use a lot of the products that Costco sells. Where do I sign up to let Costco know which products I use have failed, and which haven't?
    And that would relate to?

I hope Cadillac gets THIS bug worked out;;getting stranded with a dead battery is pretty lame....

And that would relate to?

I hope Cadillac gets THIS bug worked out;;getting stranded with a dead battery is pretty lame....
    Can always carry one of these to be on safe side, I do.
    http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/v...wb.item.V17397

Smile Re: 1 Month Old - Battery Dead!

Quote Originally Posted by Barry626 View Post
    Can always carry one of these to be on safe side, I do.
    http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/v...wb.item.V17397
    Yes, and Bulletin GM 12-3906 lists a new option for SRX; it is
    JC-4599 Jumper Cables

Yes, and Bulletin GM 12-3906 lists a new option for SRX; it is
    JC-4599 Jumper Cables

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.