Recall - Nav System Update
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Recall - Nav System Update in Cadillac SRX Forums; I took the SRX in today to get the windshield replaced, which was scratched during shipment. Service advisor said there ...
    xrs01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2

Recall - Nav System Update

I took the SRX in today to get the windshield replaced, which was scratched during shipment.

Service advisor said there is a recall that they would take care of while it's in.

The recall is for a NAV system software upgrade/update (from what he could tell). The www.gm.com/gmownercenter does not list it as of yet.

So - if you bring your SRX in for any service (and you have the NAV system), ask about it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Re: Recall - Nav System Update

Thanks for the post. I don't know if the GM Owner Center site will ever list this. That's more of an "update" than a recall, but I'll be sure to ask about it the next time I'm at the dealer.

Sube

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Yea, this isn't a Recall, a recall is for something "safety" or "vehicle condition" related. Unless your nav system is going to shut you totally down, this is just a software update. Someone should change the thread title before everybody panics.

larryk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Previously 01 BMW X5

The did mine last month when I had it at the dealer, they didn't know what it was for but they had to do it. The service advisor did try to look it up on their system, he found it, but it really didn't say what it fixed/corrected...I noticed no difference at all after it was done.

smithb is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I'm not sure about this one, but I know they just released one for the Escalade that deletes a tree and fire hydrant from a street in Florida. It also changes your mistresses' name tags with just a phone number.

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by smithb View Post
    I'm not sure about this one, but I know they just released one for the Escalade that deletes a tree and fire hydrant from a street in Florida. It also changes your mistresses' name tags with just a phone number.
    LMAO

Took me awhile to make the connection, but hilarious. Don't know if Tiger would appreciate it though.

Sube

rtsittner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium AWD in Graphite Metallic

Now that's just plain funny! Good one smithb!!!

Randy

xrs01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2

Quote Originally Posted by smithb View Post
    There's a recall on the Escalade recall. Turns out it after it deletes the tree and fire hydrant, it causes a breakage problem with the back windows...

jcarlilesiu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Ice SRX4 Luxury Collection +Nav +RSE - 35,000M

I think this update has to do with loss of weather and traffic information on the nav system.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.