Is a 2010 SRX cheaper in the USA than Canada
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Is a 2010 SRX cheaper in the USA than Canada in Cadillac SRX Forums; I live in Canada, near the boarder. Will it be cheaper for me to purchase from USA than Canada? Thx...
    aky
    aky is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Is a 2010 SRX cheaper in the USA than Canada

I live in Canada, near the boarder. Will it be cheaper for me to purchase from USA than Canada?

Thx

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Re: Is a 2010 SRX cheaper in the USA than Canada

From other posts on this forum, I gather the US price is $10,000 cheaper than in Canada.

Sube

Jon
    Jon is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T

Keep in mind the packaging is VERY different. The SRX starts lower in the US because it comes with less standard equipment. Make sure you compare the same vehicle. For example, leather is standard in Canada.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

On average, the SRX is $8 - 10 000 cheaper in the states. The option packages are a bit different, and you can't bring a "new" vehicle over the border. It must have 12 000 kms AND 6 months of being registered in the states before being able to come into Canada. Also, you may have a harder time trying to get warranty work done, and Canadian SRX's get No Charge Scheduled Maintenance wheras Stateside ones don't. (from what i've been told)
    Also, if the dealer you are buying from (new) finds out you intend to bring it across the border, they will not deal with you.

bullshark is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

I believe there's warranty issue need to be considered.

Quote Originally Posted by bullshark View Post
    I believe there's warranty issue need to be considered.
    GM's warranty is the only one of all the manufacturers that will transfer into Canada; PROVIDED the car is 6 months and 12 000+ kms on it when it registers in Canada.

I looked at this really close, because i might have been able to save (quite a few grand) by buying one in the states. But after waiting for one, or cheating to get one over (it can be done) it is still a much bigger hassle and for only savings of a couple grand. So i just decided to stay with a Canadian side one. Besides, we get a spare tire for free! lol

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    On average, the SRX is $8 - 10 000 cheaper in the states. The option packages are a bit different, and you can't bring a "new" vehicle over the border. It must have 12 000 kms AND 6 months of being registered in the states before being able to come into Canada. Also, you may have a harder time trying to get warranty work done, and Canadian SRX's get No Charge Scheduled Maintenance wheras Stateside ones don't. (from what i've been told)
    Also, if the dealer you are buying from (new) finds out you intend to bring it across the border, they will not deal with you.
    That is not true. Any vehicle, even with 0kms can be brought over from the US and registered in Canada. However, you will have a very hard time finding a GM dealer in the US that will sell you a brand new car UNLESS you have a US address.

The 6 months / 12,000kms only applies to GM warranty. GM will only let you get warranty service done on a US vehicle in Canada after this point. If you need to get your vehicle serviced before this point, you can bring it back to the US and get it done there under warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    That is not true. Any vehicle, even with 0kms can be brought over from the US and registered in Canada. However, you will have a very hard time finding a GM dealer in the US that will sell you a brand new car UNLESS you have a US address.

The 6 months / 12,000kms only applies to GM warranty. GM will only let you get warranty service done on a US vehicle in Canada after this point. If you need to get your vehicle serviced before this point, you can bring it back to the US and get it done there under warranty.
    Very hard time? If they find out you intend to take the vehicle across the border, they stop the deal right there. They can get fired, and the dealer could lose more then that!

And the 6 months / 12 000kms only to GM warranty eh? Well, you bring a brand new vehicle across the border and tell me how much fun it is to and when you get it registered. I would like to see this first hand.

The only way i know to get a new vehicle across the border legally, is for it to be purchased by a company in the states (some kind of vehicle leasing for instance), you to register the vehicle in that state (under the company plates/name), and then drive it across the border. After 6 months/12 000 kms you can legally register it in Canada, under your personal name.

If you have another loophole in the system, do tell!

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Very hard time? If they find out you intend to take the vehicle across the border, they stop the deal right there. They can get fired, and the dealer could lose more then that!

And the 6 months / 12 000kms only to GM warranty eh? Well, you bring a brand new vehicle across the border and tell me how much fun it is to and when you get it registered. I would like to see this first hand.

The only way i know to get a new vehicle across the border legally, is for it to be purchased by a company in the states (some kind of vehicle leasing for instance), you to register the vehicle in that state (under the company plates/name), and then drive it across the border. After 6 months/12 000 kms you can legally register it in Canada, under your personal name.

If you have another loophole in the system, do tell!
    People have been able to get some brand new vehicles from certain GM dealers in the southern US. The border states will show you the door.

The Canadian gov.'t does not care about the 6 months / 12,000 kms. You seem pretty set on that, I don't know where you're getting it from.

You don't need a loop hole. The 6 months / 12k kms rule is only for the GM warranty. There was a Subaru dealership in Buffalo doing a huge group buy on Tribecas to Canadians. No one had a single problem registering the brand new vehicle in Canada.

As far as the government is concerned, you can bring a brand new car with 0kms over and register it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.