Honda Crosstour Comparison?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Honda Crosstour Comparison? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Has anyone compared the new SRX with the new Honda Accord Crosstour? I stopped by a Honda dealer with my ...
    c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Honda Crosstour Comparison?

Has anyone compared the new SRX with the new Honda Accord Crosstour?

I stopped by a Honda dealer with my wife today just for grins. (She's a big Honda fan.) It seemed like a pretty nice vehicle with very similar dimensions to the old SRX.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

C&C
    C&C is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

Re: Honda Crosstour Comparison?

If my recollection is valid, the Crosstour is pretty ugly. I know that is a subjective observation but most of the Honda/Acura line has been criticized for the same objection. (Now, if someone was going to break my arm if I didn't buy a Japanese car, a Honda would probably be my first choice................but I digress).

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by C&C View Post
    If my recollection is valid, the Crosstour is pretty ugly. I know that is a subjective observation but most of the Honda/Acura line has been criticized for the same objection. (Now, if someone was going to break my arm if I didn't buy a Japanese car, a Honda would probably be my first choice................but I digress).
    lol i would take the broken arm.

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Trust me that in person, the Crosstour does not look like the 21st century version of the Aztec. While the vehicle is nice, it lacks cooled seats and the rear suspension makes the cargo area quite narrow between the wheel wells. Definitely narrower than my old SRX. The cargo area gets wide again behind the wheel wells, something missing in the old SRX. The rear underfloor cargo bin is nice, but you have to clear a lot of floorspace to open it. There are shallow bins, really cubbies, under the floor behind the wheel wells.

There is no power liftgate, but it raises and lowers with minimal effort, covers the cargo area when open, and there is a real handle you can wrap your hand around on the inside. Because the tailgate does not extend beyond the back of the car when open, it makes garage loading better, but can't keep the rain off your grocery cart while unloading it.

There is an interesting removeable two-piece rear security cover that is linked to the liftgate. When in place, I think it is solid enough to restrain cargo in the trunk, unlike the fabric roller shade type.

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    lol i would take the broken arm.
    Ditto.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.