Car Wash
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Car Wash in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hello all..... I have not yet had to wash the my stunningly beautiful SRX but I am wondering if anyone ...
    SpecialBlack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2010

Car Wash

Hello all.....

I have not yet had to wash the my stunningly beautiful SRX but I am wondering if anyone has gone to the Car Wash and if so do you leave the key fob in the car or do you keep it in your pocket?

I can see my self just getting out and walking into the car wash to pay. I dont have the manual in front of me but does anyone know the range on the key fob? I know the car will run when I'm outside of the car but will it drive?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Re: Car Wash

Are you talking about the kind of car wash where you stay in the vehicle, or the kind where you give you car to an attendant?

Shame on you for even considering taking your SRX to a car wash! Your new beauty should be "hand washed" only. No, but seriously...the range of your remote is 3 feet. That's why you have to literally walk right up to the car to utilize the passive entry feature. It's designed like that for security reasons. You wouldn't want to be 50 feet away and enable a thief to have access to your vehicle.

Just be forewarned. Automatic car washes can damage a variety of parts on your vehicle, including but not limited to mirrors, antennas and wheels. Those tracks that guide your tires have been known to scratch rims. My sister had her rims "BENT" by an automatic car wash. If you live in a cold weather state, you may want to take it there at the end of winter. They have sprayers that clean the undercarriage of all of that corrosive road salt. Other than that, I would suggest hand washing whenever possible.

Sube

Thank Sube,

Yes I do get out and give the car to the attendant but its actually a hand wash car wash that I go to. No automated brushes just a set of guys that hand wash it, one of the few near me. I took my previous car there on a regular basis and actually they have been very gentle.

Whew! I just breathed a sigh of relief. For a moment I had visions of your new SRX getting mangled. Way to go .

Sounds like there should be no problem giving the remote to the attendant.

Sube

I have sworn off of the automated brush car washes years ago.

I was actually going to remove the key and leave the other part of the fob in either the arm rest until it they started drying it.

Thanks again Sube

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialBlack View Post
    I was actually going to remove the key and leave the other part of the fob in either the arm rest until it they started drying it.
    Good idea. That way you can lock the glove box and they won't have access.

Sube

Bee iLL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Raven Black STS-V, 2010 Radiant Silver SRX Premium 2.8T

If the push to start system is the same as the STS, once you start the car with the FOB, you can drive it all you want without having the fob in the car, as long as you don't turn it off. The DIC displays a message saying NO KEYFOB DETECTED, but thats just a reminder for you NOT to turn off your car if you don't have the FOB on you or accessible. I've left my keys on my toolbox after making some mods to my car and going for a test drive. Have gone 5 miles away without the fob and car still drives, no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee iLL View Post
    If the push to start system is the same as the STS, once you start the car with the FOB, you can drive it all you want without having the fob in the car, as long as you don't turn it off. The DIC displays a message saying NO KEYFOB DETECTED, but thats just a reminder for you NOT to turn off your car if you don't have the FOB on you or accessible. I've left my keys on my toolbox after making some mods to my car and going for a test drive. Have gone 5 miles away without the fob and car still drives, no problems.
    I wonder if we have that same system?

larryk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Previously 01 BMW X5

You do...

If the push to start system is the same as the STS, once you start the car with the FOB, you can drive it all you want without having the fob in the car, as long as you don't turn it off.
    Haven't tried that on my SRX yet, but I do know it doesn't work like that if you "remote" start the car. When you start the car with the remote, you have to get in and push the start button to unlock the system. Then you can drive as usual.

Sube

Barry626 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

jcarlilesiu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Ice SRX4 Luxury Collection +Nav +RSE - 35,000M

Thats totally a bummer about the key fob. I thought that if I exited my idling car for a few minutes with the key fob on my person and away from the vehicle, nobody would be able to hop in it and drive away.

dctex99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Lexus RX350, Satin Cashmere Metallic

Smile Re: Car Wash

I recommend the "touchless" drive thru car washes! If you have a good wax job on your SRX as I do, just drive thru,, a little touchup drying with a micro-fiber cloth, and you are on your way.

Bee iLL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Raven Black STS-V, 2010 Radiant Silver SRX Premium 2.8T

Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    Haven't tried that on my SRX yet, but I do know it doesn't work like that if you "remote" start the car. When you start the car with the remote, you have to get in and push the start button to unlock the system. Then you can drive as usual.

Sube
    Any remote start system, OEM or Aftermarket, operates this way. Its a security feature. That way, someone cannot simply smash your window while it is sitting there and drive away with your car. If you push the brake to shift gears without turning the key or pushing the start button (need to have key fob in possession) (depending on your car), the car will turn off.

But if you got out after pushing the button (need to have key fob in possession) or turning the key (again, depending on your car), the car would run/drive with no problems without the FOB besides the warning in the DIC that no FOB is detected.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.