Discounts for 2010 SRX Premium FWD ?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Discounts for 2010 SRX Premium FWD ? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hi all, New to this Forum and Cadillac, but I have a question about discounts for a 2010 SRX. This ...
    socalsteve is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Discounts for 2010 SRX Premium FWD ?

Hi all,

New to this Forum and Cadillac, but I have a question about discounts for a 2010 SRX.

This is what prompted me: I went into a Cadillac dealership in Los Angeles and every Cadillac their was either marked $10,000.00 or $15,000.00 off the MSRP. Every one of them had a huge tag hanging from the rear view mirror showing MSRP and the discounts....Except the SRX. The SRX had nothing hanging from the rear view mirror.

What is the amount of the discount I can expect for a 2010 SRX Premium FWD? If I wait 6 months or a year, would you expect the discounts to get much larger, as this is a brand new model?

Also, is anyone concerned about buying a brand new vehicle? Is it more prudent to wait a few months or a year (2011 model) and wait for them to get all the bugs out?

Thank you in advance!

Steve

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Re: Discounts for 2010 SRX Premium FWD ?

Well, sorry to say, but the only discounts on a brand new model are nil. The SRX does get $1000 GM loyalty, or $1000 GM Conquest (if you drive a foreign vehicle), and that is about it. There's not much to move on the price tag either, so it's pretty much $1000 off MSRP.

And concerned about buying a new model? Pfft. In this day and age most of the bugs are worked out way before release. There may be a couple of little bugs, but nothing to worry about.

As for waiting six months to a year... it is possible, but it's not like the discounts are going to just fly in on new models. New model, new demand, full price. Camaro's have been selling for what, 7 months now? No incentives other then what i mentioned. You probably won't see discounts on a new model until MY 3ish.

socalsteve is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Well, sorry to say, but the only discounts on a brand new model are nil. The SRX does get $1000 GM loyalty, or $1000 GM Conquest (if you drive a foreign vehicle), and that is about it. There's not much to move on the price tag either, so it's pretty much $1000 off MSRP.

And concerned about buying a new model? Pfft. In this day and age most of the bugs are worked out way before release. There may be a couple of little bugs, but nothing to worry about.

As for waiting six months to a year... it is possible, but it's not like the discounts are going to just fly in on new models. New model, new demand, full price. Camaro's have been selling for what, 7 months now? No incentives other then what i mentioned. You probably won't see discounts on a new model until MY 3ish.
    I called the sales department of the dealership that I was in and here is what the salesman told me (or, this is what I had to "glean" out of him as he wasn't willing to admit to any specific discounts until I brought them up).

$1,000.00 cash back for GM loyalty or foreign car exchange.
    $ 500.00 cash back if you wave the 60 day return policy
    $1,000.00 off the MSRP from the dealership

$2,500.00 off as of now. He also said that if I waited until March 2010 (when GM offers more incentives) that the discount will likely double and be about $5,0000.00 off for a new SRX.

As for buying a first run production model, I feel that its just plain stupid. At least wait for the plant to do a few production runs and work out some of the issues. In a car as sophisticated as the SRX, there will be issues, count on it. More than likely they will be software issues and will be worked out pretty quickly...But, why be a guinea pig?

Steve

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Because its first on the block!

And my current car my not run another year...

Barry626 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by socalsteve View Post
    Hi all,

Also, is anyone concerned about buying a brand new vehicle? Is it more prudent to wait a few months or a year (2011 model) and wait for them to get all the bugs out?
    Not @ all. That is where 4 year/50,000 comes in to play.
    All cars have their issues & nothing is meant to last 4ever!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.