iPod, Zune or PlayForSure Hookup
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, iPod, Zune or PlayForSure Hookup in Cadillac SRX Forums; Has anyone connected any of the above via the USB cable? I'm having a problem accessing my Zune content via ...
  1. #1
    sube5186's Avatar
    sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,806

    iPod, Zune or PlayForSure Hookup

    Has anyone connected any of the above via the USB cable? I'm having a problem accessing my Zune content via the NAV screen. According to the owner's manual, it's supposed to work with any of these devices. It works fine using the AUX input, but that doesn't display the content on the NAV screen.

    Thanks!


    Sube

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    xrs01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    128

    Re: iPod, Zune or PlayForSure Hookup

    Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    Has anyone connected any of the above via the USB cable? I'm having a problem accessing my Zune content via the NAV screen. According to the owner's manual, it's supposed to work with any of these devices. It works fine using the AUX input, but that doesn't display the content on the NAV screen.

    Thanks!


    Sube
    Have you been able to get the Zune to play thru the USB (but just not be able to send the content info)?

    Or does the Zune not play at all through the USB?

    What model Zune are you working with?

    I tried a Zune a few weeks ago, and couldn't even get it to play thru the USB - but I didn't have enough time the fully check things out, and haven't got back to it yet.

  4. #3
    rtsittner's Avatar
    rtsittner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium AWD in Graphite Metallic
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    121

    Re: iPod, Zune or PlayForSure Hookup

    I have a 120GB iPod classic hooked up via the USB port and it works perfectly. I can also attach a thumb drive to the USB port and transfer or play music from it as well.

    One thing to note... When I first tried the USB, nothing worked at all. I took it to the dealer, and they found that the USB wire had not been attached to the head unit.

    Good luck!

    Randy

  5. #4
    xrs01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    128

    Re: iPod, Zune or PlayForSure Hookup

    Quote Originally Posted by rtsittner View Post
    I have a 120GB iPod classic hooked up via the USB port and it works perfectly. I can also attach a thumb drive to the USB port and transfer or play music from it as well.

    One thing to note... When I first tried the USB, nothing worked at all. I took it to the dealer, and they found that the USB wire had not been attached to the head unit.

    Good luck!

    Randy

    Quote Originally Posted by xrs01 View Post
    I tried a Zune a few weeks ago, and couldn't even get it to play thru the USB - but I didn't have enough time the fully check things out, and haven't got back to it yet.
    The USB is working correctly - I can play a variety of thumb drives. I'll have to re-try my Zune this week sometime.

  6. #5
    sube5186's Avatar
    sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,806

    Re: iPod, Zune or PlayForSure Hookup

    Quote Originally Posted by xrs01 View Post
    Have you been able to get the Zune to play thru the USB (but just not be able to send the content info)?

    Or does the Zune not play at all through the USB?

    What model Zune are you working with?

    I tried a Zune a few weeks ago, and couldn't even get it to play thru the USB - but I didn't have enough time the fully check things out, and haven't got back to it yet.
    I have the Zune 120. No, it won't play through the USB. When connected to the USB, my Zune only charges. Owner's manual (6-29) says use the Menu/Select button to navigate through songs, artists, albums, etc. When I try this, I just get a blank NAV screen. Thumbdrives work perfectly, so I know it's not the USB port itself.


    Sube

  7. #6
    sube5186's Avatar
    sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,806

    Re: iPod, Zune or PlayForSure Hookup

    Quote Originally Posted by rtsittner View Post
    I have a 120GB iPod classic hooked up via the USB port and it works perfectly.
    When you say it works perfectly, does the iPod menu display on the Nav screen, or do you have to access songs directly from your iPod?


    Sube

  8. #7
    Barry626 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Age
    57
    Posts
    213

    Re: iPod, Zune or PlayForSure Hookup

    Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    When you say it works perfectly, does the iPod menu display on the Nav screen, or do you have to access songs directly from your iPod?


    Sube
    I have ipod Nano 16GB and works perfect.
    Menu, artist, songs, albums, etc. All works from car not ipod.

  9. #8
    xrs01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    128

    Re: iPod, Zune or PlayForSure Hookup

    Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    I have the Zune 120. No, it won't play through the USB. When connected to the USB, my Zune only charges. Owner's manual (6-29) says use the Menu/Select button to navigate through songs, artists, albums, etc. When I try this, I just get a blank NAV screen. Thumbdrives work perfectly, so I know it's not the USB port itself.


    Sube
    Same here. Zune 8Gb. Charges, but doesn't play, and blank screen.

  10. #9
    rtsittner's Avatar
    rtsittner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium AWD in Graphite Metallic
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    121

    Re: iPod, Zune or PlayForSure Hookup

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry626 View Post
    I have ipod Nano 16GB and works perfect.
    Menu, artist, songs, albums, etc. All works from car not ipod.
    x2

  11. #10
    sube5186's Avatar
    sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,806

    Re: iPod, Zune or PlayForSure Hookup

    Quote Originally Posted by xrs01 View Post
    Same here. Zune 8Gb. Charges, but doesn't play, and blank screen.
    As soon as I get some time, I plan on contacting Cadillac Tech Support to see if they can resolve this issue. At first I though it may have worked with earlier versions of the Zune firmware. However, my Zune is version 3.2 and my son's is 3.1. 3.1 has been out for over a year. Neither of them work in the SRX. How can the SRX owner's manual state that it works when 3.1 was out long before the SRX hit the market? They have some explaining to do.

    Hopefully Cadillac can fix this via a software update. I'll post my results here.

    What firmware version do you have on your Zune? To check, go to Settings>About>Zune.


    Sube

  12. #11
    xrs01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    128

    Re: iPod, Zune or PlayForSure Hookup

    Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post

    Hopefully Cadillac can fix this via a software update. I'll post my results here.

    What firmware version do you have on your Zune? To check, go to Settings>About>Zune.


    Sube

    I'll check the firmware version this evening.

    I'll be interested in if there is a software update available.

  13. #12
    sube5186's Avatar
    sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,806

    Re: iPod, Zune or PlayForSure Hookup

    Called Cadillac Customer Assistance today to ask about the Zune hookup. From the state of confusion I caused, I must have been the first one to ask about it. They told me there's a special cable I would need from the dealer in order to control the Zune from the Nav screen. He made a three way conference call to the parts dept. of my local dealer. They knew of no such cable. They told me the CTS comes with a cable for that. After I questioned him further and asked him to check the cable before I wasted a trip there, I discovered that cable was for an iPod. I'm still looking into this, but I'm not holding my breath on this one.

    If you look at page 6-28 and 6-29 under "Radio With CD", it mentions the Zune connection. If you look at page 6-33 under "Radio With CD/DVD and Mem", the Zune connection is conspicuously absent. If I interpret this correctly, this means it only works with the basic audio system, not the Bose system.

    In the mean time, I ordered one of these for $3.78 (including shipping). The nice thing is this cable is only 1 ft. in length, so there's no excess to get in the way. I guess I'll just have to play my Zune via the AUX input. Oh well, at least I'll see the album art. The Nav screen doesn't show that even for the iPod.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-1-ft-3-5mm-1...item414a6ddac1


    Sube

  14. #13
    xrs01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    128

    Re: iPod, Zune or PlayForSure Hookup

    Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post

    In the mean time, I ordered one of these for $3.78 (including shipping). The nice thing is this cable is only 1 ft. in length, so there's no excess to get in the way. I guess I'll just have to play my Zune via the AUX input. Oh well, at least I'll see the album art. The Nav screen doesn't show that even for the iPod.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-1-ft-3-5mm-1...item414a6ddac1


    Sube

    Sube:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe you'll see any album art thru the Aux input. It basically acts as a "headphone" to the mp3 device (zune). The aux input accepts an analog signal.

  15. #14
    sube5186's Avatar
    sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,806

    Re: iPod, Zune or PlayForSure Hookup

    Quote Originally Posted by xrs01 View Post
    Sube:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe you'll see any album art thru the Aux input. It basically acts as a "headphone" to the mp3 device (zune). The aux input accepts an analog signal.
    Yeah, I know. I meant album art on the Zune itself.

  16. #15
    xrs01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    128

    Re: iPod, Zune or PlayForSure Hookup

    Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    Yeah, I know. I meant album art on the Zune itself.
    All the songs I have on my various thumbdrives have album art embedded in the song file/tags. Interesting that although the system reads all the other tags (artist, album, title, track#), they didn't program it to read/display the album art.

    Too bad...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting