Driver's seat comfort question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Driver's seat comfort question in Cadillac SRX Forums; ...
    kami_sn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Question Driver's seat comfort question

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and new to Cadillac and never considered one before until last weekend that I stopped by our areas dealership to take a look at the 2010 SRX and guess what? I was so excited after I saw this Cadillac that I could not keep the smile off of my face , my question from you guys is how do you feel about sitting position and driver’s seat comfort? How would you rate it? I did the test drive and it was OK during 10 minutes test drive, I have an existing back problem that I need to do at least couple of hours extended test drive to find out if it works for me or not and the dealer couldn’t provide that to me because currently they have low inventory…

Could you share your experience about comfort level of the Driver’s seat and be specific about any discomfort issues.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

larryk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Previously 01 BMW X5

Re: Driver's seat comfort question

I have had mine for about 2.5 months, and I find that the seat is configurable enough, I like the lumbar adjustment. I fidget in any car I drive, but I do find this comfortable.

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Hi Kami and welcome. Unfortunately, "comfort" is subjective, so what feels comfy to me might not suit you at all. The good news is, the SRX seats have several adjustments (adjustable thigh support, lumbar, etc.) as well as heat/cool if you choose. I mainly drive around town, so I'm never in the car long enough to get uncomfortable.

mw1862 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX (FWD Performance Model)

Welcome,

I have had my SRX since 10/25. Compared to my IS350 which had a TIGHT sports suspension and feeling every crack in the road, the SRX seat is heaven. Comfort is very subjective I agree, but with the memory capabilty and multiple adjustments, especially the lumbar, make it a very comfortable ride.

Have not taken any long trips yet so I can't rate it over distance. I never saw myself in a Cadillac either. The SRX changed all of that for me.

ductman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

I have noticed that all of the SRX I have seen, the leather does not seem to be stretched tight over the seat, is this normal ??? ( Seems baggy )

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ductman View Post
    I have noticed that all of the SRX I have seen, the leather does not seem to be stretched tight over the seat, is this normal ??? ( Seems baggy )

Actually...yes, I have noticed. I'm going to take mine in to see if the seat cover can be adjusted. The 2nd Gen CTS had a rash of baggy seats, too.

mw1862 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX (FWD Performance Model)

Probably has to do with the hand stitching down the middle.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Why does everybody want a tight seat? If its tight, and you sit on it, it rips or stretches, and is baggy again! My Cobalt with leather seats had "tight" seats, until you sat on them, then they were baggy, and once you were off of it for more then 3 hours, it shrunk down to being tight again. Thats what i think (IMO) a leather seat should be doing.
    Unless all your guys' seats are excessively baggy, then carry on...

kami_sn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

I appreciate everyone’s participation but could we get back on discussions topic, I would really like to get people opinion on seat comfort....

Thanks

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Well, short term seat comfort was awesome for me. 6'2" @ 185 lbs. More legs then body. I haven't driven one for more then 20 minutes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.