My 48 hr SRX Test Drive - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, My 48 hr SRX Test Drive in Cadillac SRX Forums; Excellent information. I have had my SRX for about 2 weeks now and really love it. Regarding the nit-picking items, ...
    mw1862 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX (FWD Performance Model)

Re: My 48 hr SRX Test Drive

Excellent information. I have had my SRX for about 2 weeks now and really love it. Regarding the nit-picking items, items 3, 5 and 6 hit the nail on the head for me. No excuse for no indoor release for gas. I bought a 5 dollar clip that attached to the visor for holding my sunglasses. Cargo net on order, but it seems to be king of a joke.

All of that said, the SRX rocks!

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Barry626 View Post
    Guess u did not test it correctly?
    Once set all u do is step on the gas & brake releases automatically!
    Just checked out the owner's manual (page 8-30). The parking brake will release "if an attempt is made to drive away". However, driving off is "not" the intended method for releasing the parking brake, nor is it healthy for the parking brake lining. The release feature is merely to prevent you from inadvertently driving with the parking brake on. On the same page it clearly states, "Make sure that the parking brake is fully released and the brake warning light is off before driving."

I don't actually pick up my SRX until next week, but I now have the owner's manual in my possession. Just thought I'd pass this info along to you.

Sube

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Regarding the "no indoor release for gas", I suppose I was used to that because my CTS didn't have it either. Neither does our 2008 Tahoe, so maybe it's just a GM thing. No biggie, IMO.

Barry626 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    6. No remote release for the fuel filler door. The door is spring loaded. Push it in to open it. Why Cadillac omitted this perplexes me. Sure, make it easy for vandals to access your fuel tank.
    Frankly this one is as useless as on a bull.
    Any moron can open a gas door or gas cap if they want your gas that bad.
    Why people are concern about this? unless u live in UNREAL bad area which makes it useless!

My 36 years of driving not once happan to me or anyone I've ever known!

I have to admit--when I first got my CTS a few years ago, the first time I stopped to buy gas I stood around like a moron for 10 minutes trying to figure out how to open the fuel door. Oh, the humanity. "Just push it, goober." haha

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Yea, the fuel filler door doesn't matter to me, i'm just glad it doesn't have the divot for the finger-opening. It's much nicer all flat and just push-able. I don't want the morons at the pump filling my cars, i do it myself.

Haha, this reminds me, when i pull up at full serve with my Caprice, (the fuel fill is behind the license plate) the attendant looks at me funny and tells me i have to drive around to the other side, the gas fill isn't on the side facing the pumps. LOL I just say, "Nope, it's always on the right side" and proceed to fold down the plate.

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Yea, the fuel filler door doesn't matter to me, i'm just glad it doesn't have the divot for the finger-opening. It's much nicer all flat and just push-able. I don't want the morons at the pump filling my cars, i do it myself.

Haha, this reminds me, when i pull up at full serve with my Caprice, (the fuel fill is behind the license plate) the attendant looks at me funny and tells me i have to drive around to the other side, the gas fill isn't on the side facing the pumps. LOL I just say, "Nope, it's always on the right side" and proceed to fold down the plate.
    Its on the same place in my 1991 Brougham. Funny thing is that when you lock the doors, it locks the license plate in place to where you can't fold it down to get into the gas tank. Funny that they didn't put that feature in the SRX.

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Barry626 View Post
    Frankly this one is as useless as on a bull.
    Any moron can open a gas door or gas cap if they want your gas that bad.
    Why people are concern about this? unless u live in UNREAL bad area which makes it useless!

My 36 years of driving not once happan to me or anyone I've ever known!
    You don't have to "live" in a bad area to occasionally (even unknowingly) park in one. I'm not so worried about someone siphoning gas. I'm more concerned with the potential for someone to put a foreign substance (e.g. sugar) into the tank. There are people who will vandalize your vehicle just out of envy because they can't buy one. Remember, there is a reason other cars have this feature. Sure, if they're determined enough a locked fuel filler door won't stop them, but why make it easy for them?

Sube

People intent on vandalism will manage to ruin your day no matter what. I prefer not to live in a "what if..." world. I have often heard of "sugar in the gas tank," but I have never known anyone to have this happen. Much ado about nothing IMO. You are much more likely to be keyed or have your tires slashed.

dctex99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Lexus RX350, Satin Cashmere Metallic

Barry626 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by RightTurn View Post
    People intent on vandalism will manage to ruin your day no matter what. I prefer not to live in a "what if..." world.
    Boy I so hear ya, especially when life is so very short & much more important things to be concern with.

I do understand his point of not making it easier for them, but they will still do it if that's what thier intent is.

hapycadyownr is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by RightTurn View Post
    I have to admit--when I first got my CTS a few years ago, the first time I stopped to buy gas I stood around like a moron for 10 minutes trying to figure out how to open the fuel door. Oh, the humanity. "Just push it, goober." haha
    LMAO.... The first time I filled up my new SRX, first I pulled up to the wrong side of the pump. Next I had to pull the owners manual out to figure out how to open the fuel fill door. DOH!!!!

kami_sn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    6. No remote release for the fuel filler door. The door is spring loaded. Push it in to open it. Why Cadillac omitted this perplexes me. Sure, make it easy for vandals to access your fuel tank.
    Sube
    I don't have SRX and researching it right now but on our Murano it has the same mechanism but the point is it is only Unlocks the gas tank when you have the driver's door unlocked otherwise it has an internal central lock on it that locks the gas lid, can someone check and see while the doors are locked the gas lid is also locked?

hapycadyownr is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by kami_sn View Post
    I don't have SRX and researching it right now but on our Murano it has the same mechanism but the point is it is only Unlocks the gas tank when you have the driver's door unlocked otherwise it has an internal central lock on it that locks the gas lid, can someone check and see while the doors are locked the gas lid is also locked?
    I just left my keyfob inside and went out to check the fuel fill door. It can be opened with the doors locked. Even so, IMO, this is SUCH a non-issue

jcarlilesiu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Ice SRX4 Luxury Collection +Nav +RSE - 35,000M

I personally would rather have my tank lockable.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.