Anyone Over 1000 Miles Yet?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Anyone Over 1000 Miles Yet? in Cadillac SRX Forums; My SRXy is 1 month old and has 240 miles on her. I'm wondering if anyone has reached 1k miles ...
    RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Anyone Over 1000 Miles Yet?

My SRXy is 1 month old and has 240 miles on her. I'm wondering if anyone has reached 1k miles yet, and have you noticed any changes? Mileage better? Rattles or squeaks? Anything? I'm a little nervous about a first-year vehicle and frankly I'm expecting some issues.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

larryk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Previously 01 BMW X5

Re: Anyone Over 1000 Miles Yet?

I just passed 2,450, and it's smooth sailing...

That's good to hear, Larry. I'm quite pleased with my gas mileage so far; it's averaging nearly 22 MPG, which is saying a lot for my heavy foot.

durangojim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD LUXURY

I've got 1700 miles on it and only have two issues:
    1. some kind of hard drive resetting noise.
    2. a slight intermittent rattle that I can't find where it's coming from. I think it's in the back but it only happens intermittently and not necessarily on bumpy roads.

Still pleased with it though.

Ugh, I hate those intermittent rattles. Naturally if you take it in, it won't make a sound and the dealer will give you an "unable to duplicate". (Then, when you drive off and get 10 miles from the service dept, the rattle will start again.)

Michigan Man is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

1,750 miles, runs smooth, no rattles, great mileage, zero problems.

Is everyone enjoying "the looks?" People really give the new SRX the once-over when I'm out and about.

larryk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Previously 01 BMW X5

Just passed 3300 this morning...

hapycadyownr is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just finished a Thanksgiving roadtrip and turned 1,700 miles. It's only two weeks old so I better slow down! My wife noticed a rattle in the right rear C pillar trim while riding in the back. Other than that, no issues whatsoever. 22MPG on the highway and that also was with a heavy foot.

mw1862 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX (FWD Performance Model)

Now now have about 800 miles logged. We went on a 200 mile trip yesterday with freeway, surface and mountain roads involved. I got the best gas mileage yet, the best was about 23 and end of trip figure was 21.5.

Around town has been only about 15.

Quote Originally Posted by durangojim View Post
    2. a slight intermittent rattle that I can't find where it's coming from. I think it's in the back but it only happens intermittently and not necessarily on bumpy roads.
    Jim--I just thought I'd mention that lately I have noticed a rattle that I thought was coming from somewhere in the dash. As I'm sure you know, often rattles resonate and it's hard to tell exactly where they're coming from. Today I was driving along on a fairly smooth street, and the rattle began; this time it seemed to be at the top of the windshield or thereabouts. I "bumped" the sunroof open about an inch and the rattle stopped. I guess I'll take it in to see if the sunroof needs adjusting or whatever.

Other than that, I have no complaints with my SRX. She's 2 1/2 months old and has nearly 2k miles now.

bigbarry2u is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'm winning. Over 4000 miles. Still loving it.

rtsittner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium AWD in Graphite Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarry2u View Post
    I'm winning. Over 4000 miles. Still loving it.
    I'm not sure that this is a "contest" that I want to win, but I have 4,522 miles in only 54 days of ownership.

And I am still loving it too!

Randy

NNNNOBJECT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I've been lurking on this board for a long time, and I had to share this 1000mi picture.

We picked ours up the day before Thanksgiving. We could not be happier. We waited 9 weeks for a Crystal Red/Shale w/brownstone AWD Performance 3.0.

I was concerned that the SRX would be underpowered and I considered waiting for the Turbo, but the 3.0 SRX has ample power for a crossover and we are quite satisfied with it. We have found the drivetrain to be refined and the engine feels and sounds great.

We bought the car for my wife, but in some ways I enjoy driving it more than I like driving my Black 2008 CTS4 3.6DI with FE2. The SRX can't really compare to the performance of the CTS in sport mode, but the SRX has a more comfortable ride and great road feel, not to mention the cargo space.

I love the updates to the nav system since 2008. Does anyone know if I can get the same software for my 2008? I'll check the CTS forum.
    Attached Images

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by RightTurn View Post

Other than that, I have no complaints with my SRX. She's 2 1/2 months old and has nearly 2k miles now.
    Whoa, I'm actually a little shocked you have that much. New shoe stores opening up around Houston, RT?

I got 2k miles on the V in the first 2 1/2 days but that's to be expected...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.