Post SRX Mechanical Problems Here - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Post SRX Mechanical Problems Here in Cadillac SRX Forums; Thanks Barry626 for info on the memory seats. I just assumed that the seat would not return to the program ...
    mw1862 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX (FWD Performance Model)

Re: Post SRX Mechanical Problems Here

Thanks Barry626 for info on the memory seats. I just assumed that the seat would not return to the program position. I found that kind of odd. My Lexus automatically returned when starting the vehicle. Like you, I am tired of pushjing the memory button to return the seat.

Thanks...

mw1862 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX (FWD Performance Model)

re: Memory Seat auto return.

Here you go friends: Section 2-5 in the Owners Manual explains everything. The main thing is that you have to TURN on 2 things. 1. Easy exit feature. 2. Remote recall feature.

These are accessed via the config screen.

Barry626 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by mw1862 View Post
    re: Memory Seat auto return.

Here you go friends: Section 2-5 in the Owners Manual explains everything. The main thing is that you have to TURN on 2 things. 1. Easy exit feature. 2. Remote recall feature.

These are accessed via the config screen.
    I have 1 & 2 turned on & still memory seats only returns when it feels like it.
    As to my previous post I now have memory seats return by hitting lock & unlock on remote.

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Barry626 View Post
    I have 1 & 2 turned on & still memory seats only returns when it feels like it.
    As to my previous post I now have memory seats return by hitting lock & unlock on remote.
    Where is your second remote when you're entering the vehicle? If it's nearby, maybe the system is getting confused.

Sube

larryk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Previously 01 BMW X5

I also have haunted memory seats, I have posted extensively about the problems:

Per Cadillac Techline; it seems that there a few issues here, and the SRX will operate one of three ways regarding the memory seats/mirrors/pedals:
    1: If the "Drivers Seat Easy Exit" is set to ON under Comfort and Convenience, then the drivers seat will roll back giving you some extra room to exit the vehicle. When you return and enter the SRX the seat/mirrors will return to the position that they were in last, it will NOT set it to driver 1 or 2, just the last position.
    2: If the "Drivers Seat Easy Exit" is set to OFF under Comfort and Convenience and the "Remote Memory Recall" is set to ON and you set the seat/mirrors to memory position 1 or 2 per fob, then the SRX will reset the drivers seat/mirrors/pedals according to which fob opened the door and started the vehicle. I tried this yesterday, and it did seem to work, I will experiment with it today and see how it goes...
    3: If you set the above settings to off, the the seats/mirrors/pedals will always stay where you set them, and they will not move on their own.

Well, that is how it is supposed to work, but they have a mind of their own. On my SRX the seat when set to Easy Exit on will sometimes roll back, and sometimes won't. When Remote Memory Recall is on it will sometimes set to the fob that the settings were saved under, and sometimes won't set to either position. So, we have gone to the old fashioned way of doing things, we get in, and press memory recall 1 or 2, depending on who is driving, and position 2 is always remembered, but position 1 will reset itself to odd settings, that neither one of us would set...

We are still waiting for Techline to respond to the USB problem...

SoftballDad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX (FWD Luxury)

Coming up on my 4th week of owning my FWD Luxury SRX and getting close to 700 miles (mostly short suburban miles). I am very happy with it. So far, only a couple of minor annoyances:

When going out of reverse and using the Park Tilt function for the mirrors - they usually do not go fully back to the position I have set in memory. And the Auto Dimming Mirrors seem overly sensitive, dimming during daylight hours. Anyone else notice this?

In a different thread, it was mentioned about smoke and burning plastic smell. I noticed this also in my first 2 or 3 days of driving (more the smell) but has been fine since.

SoCalGal is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX (previously 2005 CTS)

What is it with these haunted memory seats. Mine works fine as long as I'm the only one driving the car but if my husband drives it and changes to memory 2, my memory setting (1) no longer works and has to be reset. I've taken the car back to the dealer and they "updated the software" but I still have problems. Have had my srx for 1 month and I love it, but these seats are driving me crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGal View Post
    What is it with these haunted memory seats. Mine works fine as long as I'm the only one driving the car but if my husband drives it and changes to memory 2, my memory setting (1) no longer works and has to be reset. I've taken the car back to the dealer and they "updated the software" but I still have problems. Have had my srx for 1 month and I love it, but these seats are driving me crazy.
    Let me know if you find an answer, because I have the exact same problem...

This Might Be The Problem

Ok, I just did some extensive tests on the memory seats to hopefully figure this thing out. This is covered on pages 4-42, 4-45 and 2-5 of your owner's manual. Here's what I found.

1. Go to Configuration>Remote Lock/Unlock/Start>Remote Memory Recall. Turn this on.

2. Next, go to Configuration>Comfort and Convenience>Driver's Seat Easy Exit. Turn this on.

If you do number 1, but not number 2, the memory seats, mirrors and pedals will only adjust to the memory positions of that remote WHEN YOU MANUALLY PUSH THE UNLOCK BUTTON ON THE REMOTE. In order for all to automatically adjust with passive entry, you must also turn on "Driver's Seat Easy Exit".

Just FYI, this is how it works on the SRX Premium Collection. This is the only model with Remote Keyless Entry (RKE). If you have the Standard, Luxury or Performance models, I don't believe the seat is supposed to automatically adjust when you open the door. I think you have to manually hit the unlock button on the remote to move the seat, mirrors and pedals back to the memory positions of that remote. Also, the memory position is stored according to the RKE transmitter used to "start" the vehicle.

If you expect help with this from your Service Dept. or Cadillac Customer Service, you're in for a rude awakening. This vehicle is so new most of them know very little about the intricacies of its features. The sales people I talked to said they have yet to receive any training on the vehicle.

Hope all of this helps.

Sube

Quote Originally Posted by SoftballDad View Post
    In a different thread, it was mentioned about smoke and burning plastic smell. I noticed this also in my first 2 or 3 days of driving (more the smell) but has been fine since.
    I believe this is normal. Something to do with the newness of the vehicle and certain fluids. I test drove two new SRXs and they both (including the one I bought) had this smell. It went away after a few days.

Sube

Re: This Might Be The Problem

Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    Ok, I just did some extensive tests on the memory seats to hopefully figure this thing out. This is covered on pages 4-42, 4-45 and 2-5 of your owner's manual. Here's what I found.

1. Go to Configuration>Remote Lock/Unlock/Start>Remote Memory Recall. Turn this on.

2. Next, go to Configuration>Comfort and Convenience>Driver's Seat Easy Exit. Turn this on.

If you do number 1, but not number 2, the memory seats, mirrors and pedals will only adjust to the memory positions of that remote WHEN YOU MANUALLY PUSH THE UNLOCK BUTTON ON THE REMOTE. In order for all to automatically adjust with passive entry, you must also turn on "Driver's Seat Easy Exit".

Just FYI, this is how it works on the SRX Premium Collection. This is the only model with Remote Keyless Entry (RKE). If you have the Standard, Luxury or Performance models, I don't believe the seat is supposed to automatically adjust when you open the door. I think you have to manually hit the unlock button on the remote to move the seat, mirrors and pedals back to the memory positions of that remote. Also, the memory position is stored according to the RKE transmitter used to "start" the vehicle.

If you expect help with this from your Service Dept. or Cadillac Customer Service, you're in for a rude awakening. This vehicle is so new most of them know very little about the intricacies of its features. The sales people I talked to said they have yet to receive any training on the vehicle.

Hope all of this helps.

Sube
    I have set both the easy seat exit and Remote memory recall and still have the problem with loosing memory 1 after it has been changed to 2 and back. I have the Performance model so do not have passive entry. My remotes are not numbered so I cannot tell which is which but it doesnt seem to make a differance which one I use.

I have set both the easy seat exit and Remote memory recall and still have the problem with loosing memory 1 after it has been changed to 2 and back. I have the Performance model so do not have passive entry. My remotes are not numbered so I cannot tell which is which but it doesn't seem to make a difference which one I use.
    Does it lose the memory when you push the actual memory seat button on the side of the seat, or when you push the unlock button on the remote...or both?

Sube

If SoCalGal's problem is like mine, you set both one and two, and it saves them correctly, (you can change back and forth between them, and they are correct) but the next day position one will be gone, it either gets set to some strange position or it is overwritten by position two's setting. I never loose position two, only position one (and yes, I am positive that we are not saving two over one by accident). I have passive entry, and the seat memory recall is flakey at best, I have given up for now because half of the time you have to manually set them anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    Does it lose the memory when you push the actual memory seat button on the side of the seat, or when you push the unlock button on the remote...or both?

Sube
    When I push the button on the side of the seat. If my husband drives the car and changes to memory two, the next time I get in to drive it and push button one, my setting is gone. The seat will sometimes move up but not forward and definately not to where it was last set. The remote doesn't seem to have an affect on the seat position other than it will occasionally return the seat to where it was the last time the car was driven.

When I push the button on the side of the seat. If my husband drives the car and changes to memory two, the next time I get in to drive it and push button one, my setting is gone. The seat will sometimes move up but not forward and definitely not to where it was last set. The remote doesn't seem to have an affect on the seat position other than it will occasionally return the seat to where it was the last time the car was driven.
    You should continue to complain to your dealership until they address this issue. If you don't get satisfaction from them, complain directly to Cadillac. Don't just accept this.

Sube

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.