Post SRX Mechanical Problems Here - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Post SRX Mechanical Problems Here in Cadillac SRX Forums; I don't have GPS or the radio with the 40gb HD, but for the last couple of days, I've been ...
    durangojim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD LUXURY

Re: Post SRX Mechanical Problems Here

I don't have GPS or the radio with the 40gb HD, but for the last couple of days, I've been getting a clicking and whirring sound and then a thump from behind the dashboard regardless if I'm driving or not. It sounds like a hard drive. No problems driving the car though.

After looking into this further, it seems as though the sound has something to do with the AC/heat system and it's ability to switch vents and from recycled air to outside air. Does anyone else notice any sounds when they change their heat/ac settings?

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Is the sound intermittent or constant? Please keep us posted on the outcome.

tommyjohn55 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

On two occassions since we got the vehicle, I opened the roof and got the "thumping" noise. At first I thought it was the radio but I shut it off and the noise was still apparent. Wasn't going much more than 40 mph. The '06 CTS I traded in to get the SRX never had the thumping issued even at much higher speeds. Let's see if this is some kind of design flaw! Otherwise we love the SRX!!

cushsix is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I've had the radio changing stations randomly also.
    But it seems to happen in certain areas of my neighborhood.
    I wrote it off to satellite interference since it was mostly xm to fm.
    Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by durangojim View Post
    After looking into this further, it seems as though the sound has something to do with the AC/heat system and it's ability to switch vents and from recycled air to outside air. Does anyone else notice any sounds when they change their heat/ac settings?
    I'm presently on day one of a two day test drive with a fully loaded AWD SRX. It has the premium package and the rear Infotainment system. Thanks to your post, I specifically listened for those sounds while changing from recycled air to outside air. I heard what you described. To me it sounds perfectly normal. You have to keep in mind those vents are electronically controlled, not manually. This appears to be the normal sound of the mechanism working. I only heard it for a brief second while the vent was actually changing. After that, it was quiet. In all honesty, if I hadn't read this post first, I don't know if I would have even noticed it, especially with music playing or normal conversation within the cabin.

Hope this alleviates any worries on your part.

I'll soon be posting a complete review based on my test drive.

Sube

300:29:1 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV

Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    I'm presently on day one of a two day test drive with a fully loaded AWD SRX. It has the premium package and the rear Infotainment system. Thanks to your post, I specifically listened for those sounds while changing from recycled air to outside air. I heard what you described. To me it sounds perfectly normal. You have to keep in mind those vents are electronically controlled, not manually. This appears to be the normal sound of the mechanism working. I only heard it for a brief second while the vent was actually changing. After that, it was quiet. In all honesty, if I hadn't read this post first, I don't know if I would have even noticed it, especially with music playing or normal conversation within the cabin.

Hope this alleviates any worries on your part.

I'll soon be posting a complete review based on my test drive.

Sube
    Anxiously awaiting your review. Except for the rear infotainment system,that is my dream vehicle right now.

Barry626 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Barry626 View Post
    I'm now having problems with my memory seats & exit feature.
    Seat goes back every time when I turn car off & open driver door.
    I lock the doors from remote & when I return to car & open it.
    Sometimes the seat will go to memory position & other times just sits there.
    Pain in butt to have to keep hitting the memory button to get the seat back.
    I thought maybe I have the wrong remote set to wrong memory button?
    I've tried everything & it just keeps acting up. I'm ready to turn exit feature off!
    Update: I figured out the trick & now my exit & memory seats work everytime!
    Before I would lock car by remote or on dash lock. Still do.
    Now I hit lock on remote even though car is locked already & then hit open right after.
    Now my seat goes back to my memory setting everytime. So now I'm 100% Happy with my new SRX!

Update: I figured out the trick & now my exit & memory seats work everytime!
    Before I would lock car by remote or on dash lock. Still do.
    Now I hit lock on remote even though car is locked already & then hit open right after.
    Now my seat goes back to my memory setting everytime. So now I'm 100% Happy with my new SRX!
    I'm confused. You lock the car from the inside, then the remote from outside. Then you unlock "right after"? So the car is then unlocked? I'm missing something Barry.
    Glad you're enjoying your new SRX.

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Maybe he means he hits the lock button, then unlock as he approaches to get in. Sort of like having to hit the lock button first for remote start to work.

Got my SRX back from the dealer and they gave me an almost identical one for a loaner. While driving I heard the same sounds that mine was making, so it's normal and the car checked out fine at the dealer. I was just worried that something was wrong. Our 08 Chrysler Town and Country has been at the Chrysler dealer for the past 4 weeks because it won't start intermittently and this has been going on for a year and a half. Trying to get it declared a lemon so I can get rid of the POS, so I wanted to make sure everything was well with the SRX.

Quote Originally Posted by durangojim View Post
    Got my SRX back from the dealer and they gave me an almost identical one for a loaner. While driving I heard the same sounds that mine was making, so it's normal and the car checked out fine at the dealer. I was just worried that something was wrong. Our 08 Chrysler Town and Country has been at the Chrysler dealer for the past 4 weeks because it won't start intermittently and this has been going on for a year and a half. Trying to get it declared a lemon so I can get rid of the POS, so I wanted to make sure everything was well with the SRX.
    Durangojim,

I'm afraid I have some bad news for you . My previous post was a little premature. It turns out that none of those noises are normal. I first heard a noise when the vents changed from outside air to recirculating. I assumed it was normal. Then I started hearing weird scratching noises whenever I'd change the heating temperature. The noises persisted even once the heater was turned off. I compared it to another new SRX on the lot. No matter what I did, I could not replicate those noises. The entire heating system (and everything else for that matter) was perfectly quiet. This is apparently a recurring problem with a small number of SRXs. The one I test drove is supposed to be repaired. I'll advise you exactly what they fixed. In the mean time, I'd suggest you return yours for service. If they tell you it's normal, compare it to more than one other SRX on the lot. I guarantee you they all don't do it.

Read my complete post at the below link. You'll find the problem listed under "Cons".

Sorry for the confusion.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...est-drive.html

Sube

Barry626 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by RightTurn View Post
    Maybe he means he hits the lock button, then unlock as he approaches to get in. Sort of like having to hit the lock button first for remote start to work.
    100% correct!

100% correct!
    Thanks for the clarification guys.

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I don't know if this is a "problem", but it's beginning to annoy me. When the HVAC fan is on high, I'm hearing a high-pitched whine from the fan. Ugh. It goes away when the fan speed is lowered, but here in Houston that high speed is necessary on a 100-degree day. I hope a spritz of WD-40 will remedy this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.