2010 SRX v. 2010 RX350?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2010 SRX v. 2010 RX350? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Has anyone cross-shopped the new SRX versus the new RX350? The Lex was the benchmark for the new SRX and ...
    c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

2010 SRX v. 2010 RX350?

Has anyone cross-shopped the new SRX versus the new RX350? The Lex was the benchmark for the new SRX and I wondered how they compare to a buyer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: 2010 SRX v. 2010 RX350?

Yes. You will pay considerably more for the RX comparably equipped. You can go to the Cadillac website and build an SRX, then go to Lexus and build the RX10. $$$$

bullshark is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

There's comparison video available on youtube; RX 350 is about 3k more than SRX, however the residual value is higher as well' Personally, I think the 2010 RX350 is better looking than previous model, bur not as handsome as SRX.

The SRX has a better warranty. Plus, it's 100x sexier.

Barry626 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by RightTurn View Post

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Indeed. And it's a GM!

I'm 23 and wouldn't be caught dead in a Lexus, but the new Caddy's, any time!

jaybee0927 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

The SRX is definitely a nicer car, but read my post about my (or my wife's) great disappointment with our new SRX. I felt very Cadillac loyal brand, after owing several of them and living in the Detroit area I felt a great sense of need to BUY AMERICAN, after all we the taxpayers now own GM. Our problem was learning that the car did not have a passive entry/locking system. That was the ONE main feature my wife wanted. She is usually carrying a large purse with stuff in her arms and talking on a cell phone. She didn't want to have to look for her keys to enter the car. Afterall, we saw that the car had the push button start. How dumb to have push button start but you still need to get out your key Fob to click the unlock button.
    Anyhow, enough about my venting here. Hopefully someone at GM or better yet the Cadillac development team will read my complaints and change this on the SRX, without requiring an upgrade to the Premium package, without all of the other unnecessary stuff we didn't need (or want to pay for).

BTW, the Lexus has the passive entry/locking system on it. We did look.

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV

Quote Originally Posted by jaybee0927 View Post
    The SRX is definitely a nicer car, but read my post about my (or my wife's) great disappointment with our new SRX. I felt very Cadillac loyal brand, after owing several of them and living in the Detroit area I felt a great sense of need to BUY AMERICAN, after all we the taxpayers now own GM. Our problem was learning that the car did not have a passive entry/locking system. That was the ONE main feature my wife wanted. She is usually carrying a large purse with stuff in her arms and talking on a cell phone. She didn't want to have to look for her keys to enter the car. Afterall, we saw that the car had the push button start. How dumb to have push button start but you still need to get out your key Fob to click the unlock button.
    Anyhow, enough about my venting here. Hopefully someone at GM or better yet the Cadillac development team will read my complaints and change this on the SRX, without requiring an upgrade to the Premium package, without all of the other unnecessary stuff we didn't need (or want to pay for).

While I understand your disappointment on the passive unlock feature the RX350 is significantly different from a tech standpoint. Look at the plain jane radio display. The exterior is WAY different than the SRX. I recently drove an RX350 and got a full presentation on it. It's hard to pay like 44-48K and feel like you're not totally satisfied. The SRX is much easier on the eyes, and much more modern (high tech) looking inside. Try to put in perspective. You got a brand new design, with lots of goodies, and will probably turn alot of heads. The passive unlock while nice, is really an extreme luxury. I wonder how it will work in the winter? I do agree that GM bundles some features like that, but look at Lexus. They have a similar set up, AND they have a take what we've got approach. Meaning they send out vehcles and you have to try to pick from colors and options. I wish I could ignore all of the eye candy both in and out on the SRX and go for the Lexus, as there is a proven reliability and satisfaction there. GM is just making a comeback now, and the results are not in yet. Enjoy your new SRX, or maybe you can return it and get what you really want.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

How dumb to have push button start but you still need to get out your key Fob to click the unlock button.
    Those of us with long legs would disagree with you- I'd love a push button start to keep the key fob from banging my knees while driving, yet couldn't care less about passive entry. The auto unlock is also no fun when it decides to not work, which happened to me twice on my 2005 STS.

As discussed in the other thread about this however, I still think that this qualifies as something you should be disappointed with yourself over for not checking instead of Cadillac. You've mentioned buying American, being in Detroit and the bailout to GM twice now, but it has nothing to do with that and everything to do with being an informed shopper. Between the web site, brochure and window sticker, there's plenty of places that tell you exactly what is standard and optional.

You wouldn't buy a house and then be shocked to discover that the kitchen floors are linoleum instead of tile, because you'd look before you bought it. Speaking solely for myself, I exercise the same due diligence when buying anything costing more than 100 bucks, much less a $40,000 car.

Not trying to beat you up man, but complaining about this in two threads is a little ridiculous.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

dctex99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Lexus RX350, Satin Cashmere Metallic

Talking Re: 2010 SRX v. 2010 RX350?

Instead of beating yourself up for your mistake here,,,go to the top....Write President Obama a letter!!!

Barry626 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    Not trying to beat you up man, but complaining about this in two threads is a little ridiculous.
    For sure!

Our problem was learning that the car did not have a passive entry/locking system. That was the ONE main feature my wife wanted.
    You know, if that truly was "THE ONE FEATURE" she wanted, then surely you should have verified that feature before buying that car. It's poor form to keep complaining about something that was your own mistake.

DarrinMI is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

Here is a thought...talk to the dealer and see if the passive lock feature can be added to your vehicle by the dealer. For me the one thing I wanted was heated seats which requires the luxury collection. My dealer only had a base unit on the lot and offered to install heated seats in that SRX if I decided I needed the vehicle sooner than ordering one.

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

You know, if that truly was "THE ONE FEATURE" she wanted, then surely you should have verified that feature before buying that car. It's poor form to keep complaining about something that was your own mistake.
    I am pissed at GM too. My Lade does not have 22" wheels. It has the 18s. The 22s were the one main feature I wanted.

s/ Dr. Toughlove

Write a letter to the Obamarator. He's running GM now you know.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.