Post pics of your new 2nd generation SRX here

329K views 619 replies 225 participants last post by  NHRadio 
#1 ·
Let's see 'em, guys!

And DurangoJim's:

See less See more
Reactions: xBee
#223 ·
Tis true. On my next vehicle, i will just get the nicest/largest rims and then have US Wheel (or maybe LA Wheel, whomever it was) PVD chrome them. That stuff looks amazingly good for chrome dip, and an awesome warranty.

#224 ·
I might have chanced the chrome-tech if these wheels were still painted, like last year's, instead of machine-finished. I read about the PVD chroming, any idea of pricing? I saw on the Cadillac site they are charging $3265.00 for dealer installed chrome wheels on the CTS!

#229 ·
Hi everyone, great site you guys have here. I have been reading and looking around for a few weeks. I am thrilled to be picking up my 2012 SRX in Platinum White Ice today! I really cant wait to get it. I got the Ebony on Black interior and the car is the Luxury package with nav and all the goodies.
I am leasing it, but I kind of have my heart set on custominzing the ride a little and buying it out at the end of the lease.
I have seen some of the subtle custom work on some of your pics and they look great. I cant wait to get a few pics of my own up ASAP.
Anyway, just checking int o say hi. This is my second Caddy. My first was my first car 15 years ago, a 1979 Coupe Deville. Great ride!~
Pics to come soon, Bcrummy

#233 ·
Ok Guys quick, Luxury AWD in Xenon Blue or Gray Flannel?!!(black interior)

I know, opposite extremes. Although my wife has a dark gray car already, and I am attracted to that shiny blue, expecially on a clear day or snow! I like the contrast between the classy mature look of the car, with a younger, trendier color like that blue. The gray is nice and clean as well, but a bit too calming.

I will admit though, I think it looks best in Platinum White, but after owning 2 white cars as my first rides when I was younger, they really are hell to keep clean. When I was younger I didnt mind washing them twice a week, but that doesnt work nowadays.And Black always looks great(have a black Infiniti EX now) clean, but for some reason the black caddy gives me flashbacks to working in manhattan and seeing all the corporate types being driven around in black Escalades. Something about the caddy grill in black that I can never shake as being a rich man's taxi! (no offense to black SRX owners)

So again, all those that have the Xenon Blue with dark interiors, how do you like it?? Gray Flannels?

#236 ·
My purchasing dealer just got a Luxury AWD in Xenon Blue with the 18's on it. It looks really snazzy; i like it, its just not as snazzy as a chrome grille and 20's would look on it.
:D

#237 ·
Captain if you saw the new 2012's in Xenon Blue on the lot, can you confirm that Xenon Blue seems to be a good amount darker than the blue of the 2010/11 models? i saw the pics of yours and they seem to be lighter and brighter, and the 2012 seems to be a darker shade. I actually liked this darker blue, almost resembling the Blue of the new Jeep Cherokees. Can anyone else confirm? Thanks! Very close to signing a lease for 12 Luxury w/Nav!

#238 ·
Oh it definitely is! My blue is best described as GM names it: Caribbean Blue.
The Xenon Blue is much darker, and reminds me of my old Cobalt SS SC's colour in Lazer Blue Metallic, but without all the purple that it had. And its not as dark as Imperial Blue, which i never liked because it is pretty much black unless in full sun.

#242 ·
2012 Lux Xenon Blue

Finally got a chance to post some pictures. Not the most artist scenery, but the car is evident. Have my Infiniti EX in one picture for comparison. Looks like the SRX squirted out a black turd...

I will miss the performance of that EX, and the two crossovers couldn't look more different. I liked its looks, but it had a bit of a girlie figure. The SRX is much bigger, moreso than i thought. Wouldve liked a size more between the EX and the SRX, but it doesn't exist at the level of car I want and price as well. getting used to it.

I really like the Xenon Blue color, it is different than anything else without being obnoxious. I like the way it looks at night, has a glow to it.

Would have liked 19" wheels with a bit thinner sidewall for a sportier look. The 20's are too big though.

The front LEDs are sweet, although would have liked the brighter, whiter HID's of the Performance or Premium trims, but the lease deals are horrible for those models. I love remote starting with the onstar app while I am at work, and walking out to the the 4 LED lights on waiting for me to open the door. The rear LED lights look great as well. I already replaced some of the interior lights with LED's that I had in my Infiniti(dome and backseat above windows), and plan on replacing the hatch lights, footwells as well as puddle lights when I get a chance. The cleaner light better matches the modern look of the SRX, especially with the blue xenon metallic color.

I would say the SRX looks more like a contemporary work of art, while the Infiniti has more of the futuristic alien spacecraft/bullet/ suppository look. Each looks good in their own way and a matter of taste.

Attachments

#244 ·
I totally agree Jonkarn! Although I tend to lean towards a 'new' spaceship, and the other bubble's out there as 'old' spaceships. Or even animal like sometimes... (new MY Infiniti anyone?)

#248 ·
I will try to send some PICS of my new 2012 SRX Premium. I have had it a little over a week and love it. I have Tinted the front windows and added the chrom trim to the side windows too. Like the look of chrom on the Crystal Red!!

Attachments