Post Pics of Your NEW 2nd Generation SRX HERE! - Page 20
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Post Pics of Your NEW 2nd Generation SRX HERE! in Cadillac SRX Forums; 2011 Premium first small Caddy and loving it............. xrs5.jpg xrs9.jpg...
    Sarex011 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Flannel gray Premium SRX, 2010 Pltnm Escalade

Re: Post Pics of Your NEW 2nd Generation SRX HERE!

2011 Premium first small Caddy and loving it.............xrs5.jpgxrs9.jpg
    300:29:1 and 300:29:1 like this.

SRXgirl2011 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Nice SRX! You are going to love it!

beachcad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury AWD

Here is my wife's new 2012 SRX Luxury AWD - added wheels, grill, and fogs!

SRX +extras.JPG
    Srxlou, Srxlou, 2011SRXMo and 4 others like this.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

your srx didn't come with wheels?
    Maximumkk and Maximumkk like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    Absolutely, they're in the garage! Anyone looking to buy some factory 18's?

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    I don't care who you are, that's funny!

Quote Originally Posted by beachcad View Post
    Here is my wife's new 2012 SRX Luxury AWD - added wheels, grill, and fogs!

Attachment 96342
    Those wheels are sharp! You're killing me with the attractive mods. What's the scoop on the grill? Where did you get it? How much? How hard to install? Thanks

The grill is a heavy wire mesh from E&G Classics. It is made of chromed stainless steel, and I got both the upper and lower. I purchased them online from Atlanta Auto Accessories, but they can be found at a number of auto accessories stores. I paid about $650 for both. The materials and build quality are nice, but I have to say the installation was a bit of a nightmare. Their instructions boldly state that the front fascia does not need to be removed, however I found this to be the only viable option and what the dealer told me they did. Also, this grill lacks any sort of a mounting frame, and instead uses two small bolts at the lower corners that are supposed to attach through/to the plastic tabs in the fascia. Nothing attaches to the side wings, or top of the fascia. Keep in mind that this grill is 4 to 5 times heavier than the stock plastic grill. Once the fascia is reinstalled the grill will attach to the metal underhood frame and all is solid at the top, but the bottom is completely dependent on the two plastic tabs attached to the grill. Sure enough, one of the plastic tabs broke and at that point it would no longer align properly. I already knew that at some point in the future the fascia would need to be removed again, if nothing else than to replace a headlight bulb! I almost decided to give up on the new grill and replace the stock grill. I ended up deciding to fabricate some aluminum brackets that I riveted to the fascia so the grill mounting bolts had a solid attachment. That worked extremely well and gave me confidence the grill would not become detached from the lower fascia. The nightmare was finally over, and I am pleased I was able to make the new grill work. All of this lamenting about the install is strictly limited to the upper grill. The lower grill is an overlay type that just fits over and attaches through/to the existing stock lower grill, no problem. Probably more than you wanted to know, but I guess I needed to vent.

Quote Originally Posted by beachcad View Post
    The grill is a heavy wire mesh from E&G Classics. It is made of chromed stainless steel, and I got both the upper and lower. I purchased them online from Atlanta Auto Accessories, but they can be found at a number of auto accessories stores. I paid about $650 for both. The materials and build quality are nice, but I have to say the installation was a bit of a nightmare. Their instructions boldly state that the front fascia does not need to be removed, however I found this to be the only viable option and what the dealer told me they did. Also, this grill lacks any sort of a mounting frame, and instead uses two small bolts at the lower corners that are supposed to attach through/to the plastic tabs in the fascia. Nothing attaches to the side wings, or top of the fascia. Keep in mind that this grill is 4 to 5 times heavier than the stock plastic grill. Once the fascia is reinstalled the grill will attach to the metal underhood frame and all is solid at the top, but the bottom is completely dependent on the two plastic tabs attached to the grill. Sure enough, one of the plastic tabs broke and at that point it would no longer align properly. I already knew that at some point in the future the fascia would need to be removed again, if nothing else than to replace a headlight bulb! I almost decided to give up on the new grill and replace the stock grill. I ended up deciding to fabricate some aluminum brackets that I riveted to the fascia so the grill mounting bolts had a solid attachment. That worked extremely well and gave me confidence the grill would not become detached from the lower fascia. The nightmare was finally over, and I am pleased I was able to make the new grill work. All of this lamenting about the install is strictly limited to the upper grill. The lower grill is an overlay type that just fits over and attaches through/to the existing stock lower grill, no problem. Probably more than you wanted to know, but I guess I needed to vent.
    Thank you for that. If I did decide to do this, I would have someone else do it. I'm pretty squeamish when it comes to these things. I'm currently calling the dealer to get the fogs ordered and installed.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Those rims are awesome!!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Those rims are awesome!!
    Thanks Captain! I made it part of the new purchase agreement, had to have them after seeing them on an new SRX at a different dealer. Also, your SRX is awesome...the pics of your grill added to my short list of must-haves.

Thanks! I'm really torn now though. The V rims like you have @ $575 a rim or Lexani Lust (similar design) @ $425 a rim.

Lexani Lust
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

wow, those are gorgeous. I am very happy with our choice, but you couldn't go wrong with those Lexani, either! They look similar to the Vogue rims I saw at the dealership, but I like these much more.

Yea, a $500 savings helps lean me in the direction of the Lexani's. Maybe I can find a Cadillac Chrome Wreath & Crest sticker to put over the Lexani symbol...

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Yea, a $500 savings helps lean me in the direction of the Lexani's. Maybe I can find a Cadillac Chrome Wreath & Crest sticker to put over the Lexani symbol...
    Wouldn't it be interesting if the center caps from the GM rims, like ours, were the same size as the Lexani center caps?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.