Disappointed
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Disappointed in Cadillac SRX Forums; After owning a 2008 CTS 3.6 Direct inject AWD, I was excited when the new SRX came out. I could ...
    stevec is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Disappointed

After owning a 2008 CTS 3.6 Direct inject AWD, I was excited when the new SRX came out. I could get something with a little more storage a hatch and larger back where I could put the dogs.

I finally got to drive one today, a fully loaded FWD, just for a test drive, if it worked out I would order a fully loaded AWD.

Well first thing I noticed was a hugh blind spot between front and rear seat, you could get use to that, so not such a big deal. Second thing is a manual tilt and telescoping steering wheel, what is that? This is suppose to be a Cadillac! The third most important issue is the motor, it`s a pig, it doesn`t get out of it`s own way! Granted it`s new but the CTS got up and went when it was new, and with no problem.

I am not going to wait for the new 2.8 motor to compare, I don`t like turbo`s or high test gasoline. Cadillac in my opinon messed up , they should have put the 3.6 motor in this car and left well enough alone. They lost my sale!

Maybe in 2011 it will have the right motor.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: Disappointed

Ok, i don't know how much "sport" you guys are looking for, but i currently drive an 07 Cobalt SS SuperCharged, with the GM Stage II upgrade (another 50hp under warranty). I drove a Luxury AWD SRX with the 3.0, and it was plenty fast enough for me... i mean, it is a CUV... it's not a super car. And yea, i would jump on a V8 if they stuffed one in there in a second! But hey, that 3.0 engine with the tranny in Sport and Tapshift modes plenty satisfied me!
    And believe me, i have a heavy foot! Are you guys all just driving this thing in normal mode?

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stevec View Post
    Second thing is a manual tilt and telescoping steering wheel, what is that? This is suppose to be a Cadillac!
    Well for starters...it's the low-end Cadillac. You aren't going to get all the bells and whistles unless you want to pay $50-$60k.

My CTS had it.

Well, like I said...this is the low-end Caddy. Obviously this isn't the car for you, so good luck in finding something you like. There are lots of great CUV's out there. Personally, I love mine and it has exceeded my expectations at this price point.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

My CTS had it.
    Yea, but any CTS without the Comfort and Convenience package didn't.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

A $37,000 SRX has ambient lighting, remote start, push-button start, 18" wheels, rear sensors, Ultraview and USB connectivity, which in a CTS would require a $50,000 Premium Collection. There's also features in a $37k SRX like front parking sensors, color screen in the speedo, telescoping pedals, power liftgate and rear storage bin that you cannot get at all in that $50k CTS.

Each has their own advantages.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    A $37,000 SRX has ambient lighting, remote start, push-button start, 18" wheels, rear sensors and Ultraview, USB connectivity, which in a CTS would require a $50,000 Premium Collection. There's also features in a $37k SRX like front parking sensors, color screen in the speedo, telescoping pedals, power liftgate and rear storage bin that you cannot get at all in that $50k CTS.

Each has their own advantages.
    The options are really not the point. I will always purchase a car with the most options I can stuff in it. The major issue is the motor, if it had the 3.6 direct inject or for that matter the regular 3.6 that auto in my opinion would be great, and I would order one. Cadillac blew it.

larryk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Previously 01 BMW X5

Cadillac blew it.
    For you...

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

The options are really not the point. I will always purchase a car with the most options I can stuff in it. The major issue is the motor, if it had the 3.6 direct inject or for that matter the regular 3.6 that auto in my opinion would be great, and I would order one. Cadillac blew it.
    I assumed since 90% of your post was about the options and you listed the motor as "Third most important" that you were concerned about the options.

Oh well. I guess they can't please everyone.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

Stevec, it appears you were looking at the wrong vehicle; you should have at least given the CTS Sportwagon a look (this would seem to be more of the 'mission' you were desiring in the first place).

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

I don't blame stevec for being disappointed. I was excited about the 03 CTS when it came out but I didn't buy one because of poor engine performance. I bought an 04 when they introduced the 3.6. I found that same 3.6 to be adequate in my RWD SRX, but weak in the AWD configuration.

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

My loaded with every option 06 SRX did not have a power tilt/telescope, like our 01 SLS does. Then my 07 Lade lacked it too. Which, again suprised me. The 08+ Lades have power tilt, but not telescope. I can live with just that, but do understand some dissapointment in the new SRX lacking at least power tilt. Certainly not enough to sway a purchase though. The engine, however, would sway me in AWD form. Or, at least the one I drove all day as a loaner I found weak. It was a very early model though, so I would definitely drive one again. If it was the same, it would be a deal breaker for me....even though I would guess that 90%+ of the public would find it perfectly acceptable. And, most importantly for GM, it is comparable to the RX powerwise and superior in many other aspects. Good addition to the Caddy/GM lineup - just not for me.

TSS--I agree that it is going to be a heavy-hitter against the RX, particularly considering the price point. I am very happy with mine and I find it to have plenty of pep for those trips to the mall. At the risk of insulting any manly men who own one, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that WOMEN are going to flock to this vehicle, big time.

durangojim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD LUXURY

I've had mine for the past 3 weeks and 1000 miles and couldn't be happier. It's not as fast as my CTS was, but I don't really care, and I like the 20 mpg city that I'm getting better. My CTS performance collection didn't have a electronic telescoping wheel and since owning the car I haven't had to adjust the wheel anyway. I'd look into the CTS wagon if I were you, it would probably satisfy your needs.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.