Disappointed - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Disappointed in Cadillac SRX Forums; Well bully for you! Nice of you to stop by and make a pointless post to insult those of us ...
    RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: Disappointed

Well bully for you! Nice of you to stop by and make a pointless post to insult those of us who like our '10 models.

edharson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX V6 RWD Sport

Quote Originally Posted by RightTurn View Post
    Well bully for you! Nice of you to stop by and make a pointless post to insult those of us who like our '10 models.
    His post is not pointless IMO. He is just stating his likes and dislikes. And most of what he stated is true anyway. (i.e. about the power tilt, power plant, size of vehicle, turbo, Saturn VUE platform, etc.)

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

I am not so important or in such high demand that the power tilt in our SLS seriously hinders or delays me. Power tilt is demanded in this segment. I had an 06 SRX AWD UV MRC V8, every option available . The 2010 SRX is a different kind of animal. Notmy cup of tea, but an objectively great vehicle.

Seriously , coming on here and cutting it down like you did, you were hoping for an argument. Right?

dctex99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Lexus RX350, Satin Cashmere Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by RightTurn View Post

Bee iLL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Raven Black STS-V, 2010 Radiant Silver SRX Premium 2.8T

Quote Originally Posted by hotrails View Post
    BTW, I hope they redesign th '10 model before I am due to dump my '06. I think they screwed up royally on the second gen SRX. It's dumpy looking, small, and from what I read in all the car rags, is slow as molasses.
    To each their own. I personally would have never touched the 1st gen SRX with a 10 foot pole as I couldn't stand the Mini-Van look. Ugliest Cadillac ever, IMO. Now the 2nd gen SRX. Very slick looking and appealing. What a Cadillac Crossover should look like. I am so glad they dumped the mini-van look. If that’s your forte, they have the cts wagon.

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

"SRX Wars"...FTW!

Barry626 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by Bee iLL View Post
    To each their own. I personally would have never touched the 1st gen SRX with a 10 foot pole as I couldn't stand the Mini-Van look. Ugliest Cadillac ever, IMO. Now the 2nd gen SRX. Very slick looking and appealing. What a Cadillac Crossover should look like. I am so glad they dumped the mini-van look. If that’s your forte, they have the cts wagon.

Way I see it it's total jealousy.
    Anyone that rips on the new SRX is one of following...

1. Blind
    2. Jealous
    3. Stuck in long lease & wants one BAD
    4. Can't afford one in first place
    5 Just a mean person like many are today

I'm sure the following wise ass comments will prove my point!

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Quote Originally Posted by Bee iLL View Post
    ... I personally would have never touched the 1st gen SRX with a 10 foot pole as I couldn't stand the Mini-Van look...
    One of my adult daughters said the same about my 06 SRX. But, I liked it.

I'll avoid the SRX wars by saying that my next daily driver will be a sedan with a chore truck to use when I need to carry large or dirty cargo.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Eh, the old SRX wasn't bad... but sea of black plastic interior BATMAN! Holy yech. And yea, more power out of a larger engine would have been nice, and being based on a RWD rather then a FWD platform would have been nice too... but, if GM doesn't sell more vehicles that have more appeal to more people; then you are going to be keeping your 06 or 98 whatevers for a very long time, because GM wouldn't make the cut! (again)

So, get ready for some real game changers... cuz the NEW GM is here!

Want to get really pissed off? What about the new Regal being almost Malibu sized?

As for my soon to be arriving SRX... i love it! And i'm 23!

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

Nothing to be disappointed about. We take delivery of our '10 SRX on the 30th!

It's funny when last gen owners say the new version is ugly. Damn the '09 V is UGLY!!!! (jk)

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Barry626 View Post

Way I see it it's total jealousy.
    Anyone that rips on the new SRX is one of following...

1. Blind
    2. Jealous
    3. Stuck in long lease & wants one BAD
    4. Can't afford one in first place
    5 Just a mean person like many are today

I'm sure the following wise ass comments will prove my point!
    Come on, thats a bit of an exaggeration. Some people like myself just dont like the design of the '10 SRX. I agree with what RT said earlier in this thread, about the SRX as a legitimate contender against one of the best selling luxury vehicles, the Lexus RX, something the previous SRX had no chance at. But I still dont like either designs (RX and SRX). The earlier SRX reminds me of a 'wagon', which I like. I still say, after testing a fully loaded 3.0L, that the only place the new SRX lacks is the unavailibility of a hybrid powertrain.
    Performance minded people get caught up in hp numbers and engine specs which isnt a big deal to the demographic this crossover is aimed at. The most important part of this car (besides reliability) is its ability to compete with the new range of CUV's in terms of luxury and prestige. It must make the driver feel 'like a million bucks'.

Jake's SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 silverado CC,SRX (N*), 07 Silverado crew 4X4, 2000 Impala

title of the post is Disappointed, maybe we should re name it?
    LOL
    ok I'M GOING BACK TOO! Thanks for having me... NEW style I'm not sure of yet and I haven't driven one... I was over looking to see what was being said and the first 2 posts had interesting titles....
    LMFAO

bozowing is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

I'm brand new here and just got our first Caddy. 2010 SRX today. Even though I read all the car magazines dog SRX's power, I couldn't help but ask that isn't it a CUV?

I own a 400 hp Trans Am and my son 365 Camaro SS, if you want smash your butt in the seat torque, than get into a Vette or new Camaro SS. Plus, remember these are CUV that are taller and narrower than a sports sedan, why would you want so much power? Do asphalt somersaults? The SRX looks definitely are personal taste; radical yet distinctive.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Congrats on your purchase!

One thing about Internet forums- there's no shortage of opinions, and most of them are negative. The thousands of people who are loving their new SRX are mostly out driving them, not arguing with strangers about their perceived issues with the vehicle.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Yea, you'll hear about the negative things ten times over, but if they are content or happy about it, they usually don't share that too much. Once mine comes in, i'm going to make a happy with my SRX thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.