Disappointed - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Disappointed in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by RightTurn At the risk of insulting any manly men who own one, I'm going to go out ...
    TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

Re: Disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by RightTurn View Post
    At the risk of insulting any manly men who own one, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that WOMEN are going to flock to this vehicle, big time.
    I would agree with you on this. And, we all know women are the smarter gender anyway, at least in my household.

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Needs moar trunk monkey.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8avOiTUcD4Y"]YouTube - Trunk Monkey Compilation[/ame]

jersey237 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS

i love the way the new srx sorry ur dissapointed

bigbarry2u is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

I've had mine for a week, and it's my first Cadillac. i turned in a BMW X5 4.8 AWD, and have not looked back yet. I enjoy the ride and handling, and love the instrument controls. I noticed the manual tilt steering wheel, but I am not used to having electronically adjustable foot pedals, so it was a wash for me.

The only complaint I have is this: You can configure the seats to move back for an easy exit from the car, but when you get back in the car, you have to hold the memory button down until the seats are readjusted. I'd prefer for them to move back automatically, or at least by pressing the memory button (vs pressing and holding).

But overall, I am very happy with the driver experience of the new CTX.

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Needs moar trunk monkey.

YouTube - Trunk Monkey Compilation

Love the Trunk Monkey.
    Wish that was one of the options.

Texas Jim

larryk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Previously 01 BMW X5

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarry2u View Post
    The only complaint I have is this: You can configure the seats to move back for an easy exit from the car, but when you get back in the car, you have to hold the memory button down until the seats are readjusted. I'd prefer for them to move back automatically, or at least by pressing the memory button (vs pressing and holding).

But overall, I am very happy with the driver experience of the new CTX.
    Same problem, and I came from almost the same BMW...
    Some answers from Cadillac Techline...
    My sales rep called me yesterday after he had a conference call with his service mgr, and techline; it seems that there a few issues here, and the SRX will operate one of three ways regarding the memory seats/mirrors/pedals:
    1: If the "Drivers Seat Easy Exit" is set to ON under Comfort and Convenience, then the drivers seat will roll back giving you some extra room to exit the vehicle. When you return and enter the SRX the seat/mirrors will return to the position that they were in last, it will NOT set it to driver 1 or 2, just the last position.
    2: If the "Drivers Seat Easy Exit" is set to OFF under Comfort and Convenience and the "Remote Memory Recall" is set to ON and you set the seat/mirrors to memory position 1 or 2 per fob, then the SRX will reset the drivers seat/mirrors/pedals according to which fob opened the door and started the vehicle. I tried this yesterday, and it did seem to work, I will experiment with it today and see how it goes...
    3: If you set the above settings to off, the the seats/mirrors/pedals will always stay where you set them, and they will not move on their own.

My experience has been that yes, this does work, however, it is not consistent. It works when it wants to...

Quote Originally Posted by Superjim View Post
    Love the Trunk Monkey.
    Wish that was one of the options.

Texas Jim
    I think it's standard on the Equinox.

dctex99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Lexus RX350, Satin Cashmere Metallic

I think you need to make a LEFTTURN........LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dctex99 View Post
    I think you need to make a LEFTTURN........LOL
    Indeed. I'm here to try to make a positive contribution. Why don't you try it?

dctex99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Lexus RX350, Satin Cashmere Metallic

Indeed. I'm here to try to make a positive contribution. Why don't you try it?
    Are you sure you aren't a seasoned car salesman???? It is beginning to sound like it....a little to pithy positive, versus reality!!

Well first of all, I'm not a man. And second, I know some exceptional people who ARE salesmen, so you may STFU. Why don't you head on back over to the 1st Gen SRX board and talk about YOUR car?

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Let's drop all the bickering amongst members and get back to talking about SRXs, shall we? If the new SRX offends you that much dctex, then I'd recommend just hanging out in the 2004-2009 SRX forum since you obviously don't like it over here in the 2010 area.

Also, RightTurn has been a member in good standing for several years who has supported the forums with contributions of helpful posts and donations to help cover the cost of running the site. We tend to frown on people getting into bickering matches with any of their fellow members, but if you must be rude to someone, I would strongly advise you to choose someone other than one of our best members.

Thanks a bunch. Now back to discussing the SRX.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Sorry, Tony!! And to others reading the SRX board, my apologies.

Barry626 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarry2u View Post

I test drove a black SRX that did exactly as u stated with your car.
    I took delivery of my car today loaded "Performance Collection" and I don't know...
    What the dealer did? when preping the car but mine works PERFECT!
    Meaning: exit feature does as suppose to. When I open car door the seat goes back to memory setting.
    Talk to your dealer they need to set something to get it working as u wish!

hotrails is offline Cadillac Owners Member

AS far as a power tilt, my '98 STS has it and I DESPISE IT! The most stupid option ever put on a vehicle IMHO!! Jesus, who the hell can't flip the lever up and down? The reason I hate the power one is that it is TOOO SLOOOWWW! The whole point of a tilt wheel is to flip it up outa the way when you get out of the car! My '94 STS has a manual tilt and I love it. Just got an '06 SRX and one of the first things I LOVED about it is the manual tilt! Thank god Cadillac put that back in. Stupid motorized crap like that doesn't define a luxury vehicle to me. Performance, handling, quietness and how it's built define it! Not a bunch of stupid junk that will just need service in 3 years. Yeah, okay, so the '98's "power tilt" hasn't crapped yet but it will! Believe me! What a bunch of whiners! Are you all 90 years old and can't flip a lever? I suppose next someone's gonna gripe about not having a "Fake Convertible top" available on the SRX. BTW, I hope they redesign th '10 model before I am due to dump my '06. I think they screwed up royally on the second gen SRX. It's dumpy looking, small, and from what I read in all the car rags, is slow as molasses. And yeah, I hate turbos too. There is no substitute for Cubic Inch Displacement! Turbo=more crap to deal with outa some dinky little power plant. So, I love my First Gen SRX. At least it isn't an overpriced Saturn VUE! Okay, throw the bullets at me now! LOL

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.