Srx spare tire kit
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Srx spare tire kit in Cadillac SRX Forums; the SRX spare tire kit is available. We are getting $295.00 for it plus shipping (GM list of over $400.00). ...
    Lindsay Cadillac Parts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): All of them

Srx spare tire kit

the SRX spare tire kit is available. We are getting $295.00 for it plus shipping (GM list of over $400.00). the kit includes wheel, tire, jack, tub to store it all in, and all needed harware. give me a call at 703-824-9670 to get one on the way.
    Luke Butler
    703-647-8670
    lbutler@lindsaycadillac.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GarryW is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Srx spare tire kit

So what you're saying is the car doesn't come with a spare tire?

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

It's an option... Mine came with the pump thing only; no tire. Of course, there is the 5-year roadside assistance. I'm still trying to decide if I want to buy the spare kit or not.

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

I know it saves weight and space, but I will never quite understand selling a car without a spare that does not have runflats.

dctex99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Lexus RX350, Satin Cashmere Metallic

And it is interesting that the GMC Terrain version of this DOES come with a spare; I guess Cadillac assume we only drive on clean freeways!!I have already had one ruined tire, for which a pump and foam fill would not have saved me!! I assume the Equinox comes with a spare also?? I will call and check..

TSS

^^Boy, that is strange.

The pump is not a solution. I have small portable air pumps in all my cars. You can find them on sale sometimes for as low as 10 bucks. Great for a small slow leak or to fill up balls. Not a solution for a blowout or good size nail puncture. GM is not doing anybody a favor by throwing that in and taking away a spare. How about providing both? I am a GM fan and defender, so somebody tell me I am missing something here.....please......

GarryW is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I drove Pontiac Bonnevilles from 1990 to 2005 before going to Cadillac. The Bonneville had air shocks in the rear and a tire pump connection in the trunk which came in quite handy for slow leaks. Is this what comes on the SRX?

They probably left the spare out for fuel economy, and cost savings, but I would be leery of taking a long trip without one.

And yes, the Equinox does have a spare tire!! I guess with the $1200 LED taillights, they could not give us a spare tire..the weight is minimal!

giannatj is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The pump you get as standard equipment looks about the same as the compressors you can find anywhere for about $35 but it has two fill hoses and an integrated/replacable canister of of some kind of filler/sealer compound. You have a choice of pumping in sealer or just adding air.

Thanks for the clarification, giannatj. I have looked in the compartment, but have not taken the pump out to see exactly what's there. I'm going to call Luke today and get my spare tire kit on order.

TSS

Quote Originally Posted by giannatj View Post
    The pump you get as standard equipment looks about the same as the compressors you can find anywhere for about $35 but it has two fill hoses and an integrated/replacable canister of of some kind of filler/sealer compound. You have a choice of pumping in sealer or just adding air.
    Ok, that is better I guess than just a compressor. But the average driver, who does not look into these things before having a problem, is going to likely be very confused. Am I understanding that the car does not even come with a jack? So, if you have a blowout, you cannot even just pull over and remove the wheel to go get a new one? If so, I am thinking even if somebody does not feel they need the spare, they should AT LEAST order the jack from Lindsay. I am still shaking my head on this one.

giannatj is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I guess the logic is that if your tire is so torn up that you need a tow the jack won't help you much anyway. There is no jack standard. All you get is the compresser and with the sealer compound.

I'm also a little concerned but I'm making the assumption that they tested this stuff on some routine flats before they deleted the compact spare. I hope that's not a dangerous assumption!

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

From the pics I've seen (I haven't looked in person) I wonder if the optional spare tire replaces the under-floor storage space.

Quote Originally Posted by c5 rv View Post
    From the pics I've seen (I haven't looked in person) I wonder if the optional spare tire replaces the under-floor storage space.
    Unfortunately...yes it does.

Somehow I think a spare tire and jack will magically appear in the 2011 models..this is ridiculous to not have that for a enough space to put my laptop,,,and save the probably $50 that it costs Cadillac for all that.......I just don't understand the logic.........How about optional Chrome lug nuts instead of the cheapos, if they need to raise more pennys....I will delay my purchase for sure

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.