Srx spare tire kit - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Srx spare tire kit in Cadillac SRX Forums; There was a nylon strap with hooks attached to it included with my spare tire kit. (Picture attached.) Can anyone ...
    SoCalSRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Luxury with Navigation

Re: Srx spare tire kit

There was a nylon strap with hooks attached to it included with my spare tire kit. (Picture attached.)

Can anyone tell me what it's for?

Thanks!
    Attached Images

And if anyone needs convincing that the spare tire kit is intended for non-US markets, here's the caution sticker that was included with the kit!
    Attached Images

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalSRX View Post
    There was a nylon strap with hooks attached to it included with my spare tire kit. (Picture attached.)

Can anyone tell me what it's for?

Thanks!

Nice job documenting the procedure. The strap you mention is for the flat tire! Ya gotta secure that big wheel and rim somewhere and hold it in place in case of a panic stop.........
    You can use the chrome cargo hooks.
    SS

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin' SRX View Post
    The strap you mention is for the flat tire! Ya gotta secure that big wheel and rim somewhere and hold it in place in case of a panic stop.........
    You can use the chrome cargo hooks.
    SS
    Makes sense. Thanks!

Kuya is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury, Black Raven with Nav

Ordered my ST Kit a few weeks ago (Again props to Lindsay for super fast shipping . . arrived 2 days later).

Finally got around to installing it this past weekend. We spent the weekend at my parents house so I threw the kit in the back before heading out there. We went out Sat morning with our tool box and anticipating a long complicated job.

15 minutes later, and no sweat stains . . . . kit was fully installed. Piece of cake, and that's coming from ME . . someone with no skills when it comes to automobiles!

Hopefully I never need the spare. But it will be a good feeling in December on our trip from NY to Florida and back . . . knowing we won't miss our cruise due to a blow out with no dealers open at night for replacement and no spare.

Instead of buying vacation insurance for our cruise . . .I purchased vacation insurance with a spare tire kit!

Thanks Lindsay for a super price! And Great service.

Lindsay Cadillac Parts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): All of them

Plenty of kits in stock. due to another price increase from GM the current discounted forum price is $386.00 plus shipping
    Luke Butler
    703-647-8670
    lbutler@lindsaycadillac.com

Wulf is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Does a full size wheel with tire fit in that space?

I can't say I've tried to put a full-size spare there, but I highly doubt it would fit.

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

You might try a junk yard or salvage depot as they like to be called today. I have bought many things from "New" crash cars that have been considerably below dealer cost. Something like a spare kit in a protected area like the rear storage compartment will not be affected by a frontal crash. Also there are many many emergency use only spares at the junk yards. Just make sure that they will fit your SRX and then take it with you when traveling on a long desolate trip. Don't forget the lug wrench and the jack. The last time I checked on one it was $50 for the tire. I had a Porsche 930 and it had the donut spare but it came deflated for space concerns. It also came with a compressor but was backed up with a can of inflater/flat fix. I live in an urban area but if I lived in a rural or remote area like many parts of Canada I would definitely have the spare kit. Can you imagine calling the Cadillac road side service on your SATELLITE phone in the Northwest Territory??

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    ... I live in an urban area but if I lived in a rural or remote area like many parts of Canada I would definitely have the spare kit. Can you imagine calling the Cadillac road side service on your SATELLITE phone in the Northwest Territory??
    They'll be there in two days to get you fixed!

Seriously. There is nothing up there.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

tmsrx2011 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 srx base

Do you still have the kits in stock? I noticed this post is from July 2011. How much are they? How do I order one?
    Thanks

tmsrx2011 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 srx base

Ordered my spare tire kit today from Lindsay Cadillac. $385.00 plus shipping. Thanks Luke, the transaction couldn't have been easier. I wish your dealership wasn't all the way across the country, I would definitely take my SRX there for service.

frankrizzo135 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance

Where does the kit fit on the SRX?

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Where spare tires usually go... under the cargo area ... that's where the inflator kit currently resides
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

tahassett is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS, 2012 SRX

Many thanks to Luke at Lindsay Cadillac in Alexandria, Virginia. Both for keeping the spare tire kits in stock, at a resonable price, and for the prompt shipping. Kudos!
    I ordered my kit late last Friday and it arrived this morning (Wednesday). After I went to the local tire shop to have the tire mounted ($5), the install went very smoothly. Install time was about 30 minutes.
    As noted previously in the forum, the spare tire is a factory option for the FWD SRX. When I ordered my AWD SRX last Fall, there were a few AWD SRXs on the dealer lot that had a factory option spare tire. But when I ordered mine, the spare tire option on the AWD was on restriction and therefore not available. I still do not know why it is not available, but I am guessing that is related to mass/fuel economy issues.
    We love to travel in Northern Canada and wanted the spare tire. There also are some places in lower Michigan that do not have cell phone coverage. Better safe than stranded! I didn't think the tire sealer is the solution I wanted to rely on.
    If you are on the fence about getting a spare, just do it. Fairly low cost and easy install. Yes, you do lose some storage space, but you gain peace of mind!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.