SRX or Vue? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, SRX or Vue? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by dctex99 Because some do not WANT all those crazy options; Just like you would NOT want a ...
    CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Re: SRX or Vue?

Quote Originally Posted by dctex99 View Post
    Because some do not WANT all those crazy options; Just like you would NOT want a spare tire..............

The point was not any particular options desired by an individual, it was you making a product price comparison and comparing a stripped down version to a loaded version. One should as close as possible make comparably equipped models and then look at any potential price differences, although there is more to it that just selling price.

Now if for you personally the thought of having some decent options on the vehicle seems a waste of money, then so be it, your choice. But why such a person would ever consider a Cadillac or any other luxury brand of automobile quite frankly seems silly since luxury is about options and gadgets as well as comfort and ride, besides the fact that owning a Cadillac is not or at least should not be the same experience as owning a Saturn or Chevy. My local Cadillac dealerships go out of their way to provide a pleasant experience whenever I bring mine in for service and have always had a Cadillac or Saab as a loaner available to me. I do not get the same level of treatment from the local Chevy, Saturn, Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, or Nissan dealerships nor do I get a standard 4 yr/ 50K warranty with those.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

So a base Equinox is about $25 grand, and a base SRX is about $35 grand. I'm no math major, but I think that's $10 grand difference.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dctex99 View Post
    Because some do not WANT all those crazy options; Just like you would NOT want a spare tire..............
    Excuse me, oh obtuse one...but as was stated above, if you're going to make a fair pricing comparison, then the vehicles BEING COMPARED should be similarly equipped.

Since I have yet to see you make a single positive post about the SRX, I have to wonder what your motives are to keep posting on this board. If you don't like the car...FINE, we get it.

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    The point was not any particular options desired by an individual, it was you making a product price comparison and comparing a stripped down version to a loaded version. One should as close as possible make comparably equipped models and then look at any potential price differences, although there is more to it that just selling price.

Now if for you personally the thought of having some decent options on the vehicle seems a waste of money, then so be it, your choice. But why such a person would ever consider a Cadillac or any other luxury brand of automobile quite frankly seems silly since luxury is about options and gadgets as well as comfort and ride, besides the fact that owning a Cadillac is not or at least should not be the same experience as owning a Saturn or Chevy. My local Cadillac dealerships go out of their way to provide a pleasant experience whenever I bring mine in for service and have always had a Cadillac or Saab as a loaner available to me. I do not get the same level of treatment from the local Chevy, Saturn, Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, or Nissan dealerships nor do I get a standard 4 yr/ 50K warranty with those.
    Thank YOU! Very well put, Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by bullshark View Post
    If I compare a loaded Equinox without NAV with SRX with luxury package, the difference is about 10k in Canada. I will say SRX is well worthy the extra money. Better AWD system, better style, better material, better interior, better moonroof, better brand. The only pro of Equinox is the back seat space.
    Don't forget that spare tire, bullshark!!! I think the Equinox is a fine vehicle and will be a huge hit for Chevy. I considered one myself but decided on the SRX. I think both are winners.

DevilleDeeman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS LuxII, 2008 Saturn Vue XR

I don't know about price comparison, my wife's Saturn Vue XR is fully loaded for $38'000cdn...the fully loaded Cadillac SRX is $52'000 that's well over 10 grand.

Actually, we were comparing the pricing of a 2010 Equinox versus 2010 SRX. In your case, the comparo is a 2008 Vue vs 2010 SRX.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.