Thoughts from a 08 CTS4 owner on my new SRX with luxury package (with pics)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Thoughts from a 08 CTS4 owner on my new SRX with luxury package (with pics) in Cadillac SRX Forums; Picked up my new Luxury Package SRX (black with shale and ebony) on Thursday and thought I'd post a couple ...
    durangojim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD LUXURY

Thoughts from a 08 CTS4 owner on my new SRX with luxury package (with pics)

Picked up my new Luxury Package SRX (black with shale and ebony) on Thursday and thought I'd post a couple of thoughts and pics of what the standard headlights and radio look like. So far I've put on about 150 miles and the ride is smoother than my 08 CTS4 with the performance package was. I've seen a lot of complaints about the speed but I really think it's fine. I have the FWD version. The interior is very nice and I have nothing to complain about. I'm 6' and in the CTS my right knee would usually rest against the side of the counsel sometimes hitting the heated seat button, in the SRX there is much more room and that doesn't happen. The DIC is very slick and the sunroof is nice, especially the cloth cover which doesn't let any light in, unlike the CTS. Over it's a great car and I'm happy I made the switch (although if the CTS convertable we saw at Disney World last week ever makes it to reality, that's something that will be on our list.

No light pipes on the non performace car, but there are 4 sets of leds on the lateral side, 2 white and 2 amber. A nice touch, and really doesn't make me miss the light pipes. I didn't need or want the performace package on a CUV, didn't really seem to add anything, unlike the CTS.

Controlling the Ipod is very nice, and the screen also shows you the outside temp, as well as what the temp you and your passenger have it set at.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Bee iLL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Raven Black STS-V, 2010 Radiant Silver SRX Premium 2.8T

Re: Thoughts from a 08 CTS4 owner on my new SRX with luxury package (with pics)

CTS Convertible is already out and available for purchase. Here is a link to one at my dealer.

http://cadillac.stevefoley.com/New-I...oryId=25189695

durangojim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD LUXURY

Quote Originally Posted by Bee iLL View Post
    CTS Convertible is already out and available for purchase. Here is a link to one at my dealer.

http://cadillac.stevefoley.com/New-I...oryId=25189695
    Thanks. The one we saw down at Disney was a GM prototype, not a conversion, although this looks nice.

dctex99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Lexus RX350, Satin Cashmere Metallic

Be careful of Aftermarket Conversions; remember that car is a $50,000 car, with $5k worth of work, and the rest is profit,,,so that car TRULY is worth about $40,000 the day after you drive it off the lot; so make sure you love it....and make sure the Conversion company put additional supports in the unibody!!

smithb is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

more pics please!

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Ooooh, sexy!! I'm definitely headed for a test drive. Congrats!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.