Couple questions about 2010 SRX
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Couple questions about 2010 SRX in Cadillac SRX Forums; I'm interesting about the 2010 SRX, however I have couple questions here. I try to visited couple dealers in Vancouver, ...
    bullshark is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Question Couple questions about 2010 SRX

I'm interesting about the 2010 SRX, however I have couple questions here. I try to visited couple dealers in Vancouver, however, none of them knowledgeable enough to answer my questions.

1, Is the SRX PT or FT AWD? Is it same as the AWD system in 2010 Equinox?

2, How if compare the AWD with RX350 or Audi Q5? I read most reviews and road testings, however few of them mentioned about the performance AWD system.

3, Can I chose the moon roof without the wood trim?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

smithb is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Couple questions about 2010 SRX

It is full time. It is the same Haldex system in the Saabs. It is an upgraded system from the one found in the Q5 (also Haldex, but an older version). The Equinox does not have a Haldex.

I don't know what you mean by performance, but if you are asking how well the sytem works in keeping the car going, the system is superior to previous systems. If you are asking about the SRX's "performance" like acceleration, that is easy enough to find using edmunds, cars.com, motortrend.com, etc. Here is a single article on the SRX referencing the vehicles you mentioned:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=154266

You can go to Cadillac.com and build an SRX however you like, but all AWD's come with wood trim. You can always buy the non-wood trim (either Cadillac or aftermarket) and install it.

Thanks.

The performance I was talking about is AWD performance.

I asked a sales yesterday, he told me the AWD system in SRX and equinox are identical, I didn't believe him at all, and thanks for your confirmation.

So, SRX should superior Q5 on AWD, hmm, that's really interesting.

Since I'm looking for a nice AWD SUV for upcoming winter, the snow last year in Vancouver was a nightmare. How do you think it compare with 2010 outback regarding AWD. (I know they're not in the same category, I just want to know how well the AWD in SRX)

Cheers!

smithb is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

For some reason I can't find specifics on it, but as far as I can tell, the Q5 does not have the ability to send power left and right, only front to back. The Haldex system designed for the Saabs (9-4x, SRX) can, so you will have better traction and handling in the SRX.

I thought so, since I can't find Q5 on Haldex's list, thank you.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.