To other 2010 SRX owners - a question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, To other 2010 SRX owners - a question in Cadillac SRX Forums; So far, I really like mine. I have a question, I have passive entry, and the vehicle should remember driver ...
    larryk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Previously 01 BMW X5

To other 2010 SRX owners - a question

So far, I really like mine. I have a question, I have passive entry, and the vehicle should remember driver 1 and 2's seat, mirror and pedal settings, mine does not, does yours?
    Also on remote start, the vented seats are supposed to come on, again mine does not. I realize that there is a setting for each of these, and they are set, but...

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

smithb is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: To other 2010 SRX owners - a question

I don't have a 2010 SRX, but the CTS owner's manual clearly states that the ventilated seats do not come on with remote start (heated seats do if it is cold enough). I would check your manual.

Thanks, but the manual for the 2010 SRX clearly states that if selected in personalization, it does...

cz9h3d is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX and Escalade...and sometimes a CTS

Both of these items need to be set in "Configurations" under "Vehicle Personalization" to make them work properly. "Remote Memory Recall" must be turned on, and "Remote Start Vented Seats" must be set to on.

You've done both of these, and it still isn't working?

Yup, I have set both...
    I double checked remote memory recall, and it is checked on.

Bee iLL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Raven Black STS-V, 2010 Radiant Silver SRX Premium 2.8T

Not sure if the 2010 SRX is like this, but for the STS remote start, the vented or heated seats do not turn on, even when checked in the personalization settings, unless the car detects the "correct" climate outside.. So if the ambient temp isn't hot enough, the vented seats won't turn on. If the ambient temp isn't cold enough, the heated seats won't turn on... Just a guess as to what might be happening.

Sorry, but the guess would be wrong - I live in southern Nevada, the Mojave Desert, ambient temp would be hot enough...

Ok, I took the SRX to the dealer, and they verified that the vehicle is not reseting the seats, mirrors, and pedals according to which key fob is used to open and start the vehicle. They also verified that the specs state that it does indeed do this (or rather - it is supposed to). They also checked three other 2010 SRX's and they all preformed exactly the same way -it does not work!
    They are going to check with "techline" about this, but they have no timeline for resolution.
    They are still checking on the vented seats with remote start issue.
    The third item on my list is the navigation system - mine is off by two blocks to 1/2 a mile...

cz9h3d is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX and Escalade...and sometimes a CTS

larryk:

What dealer are you using to investigate your problem?

Quote Originally Posted by cz9h3d View Post
    larryk:

What dealer are you using to investigate your problem?
    My dealer is Findlay Cadillac in Henderson, NV

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Larry-

It's my understanding that the passive entry system does not recall memory settings, which is the same as the standard "click the button" keyless entry on the lower models. The reasoning behind it is simple: If both fobs are present when you press the engine start, the vehicle would have difficulty knowing which user was sitting in the driver's seat. Imagine that you're a 6'2 guy, and the car detects your 5'1 Wife's fob and smashes your knees into the dash. That's a recipe for an unhappy customer right there. I know, because I had it happen to several of my STS owners from '05 through '10.

For some strange reason, Cadillac's owner manuals have been VERY inaccurate in explaining these features the last few years. I've been involved in a few "spirited" discussions in the CTS forum where I tried to explain why the Automatic recall feature was removed, but since the manual claimed it was still there, people were willing to challenge me to a fight to the death to prove that their car was broken. Stop and think about it though, and it makes perfect sense.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

univilsig is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS DI

I've had my new SRX (I traded in my 2008 CTS that I LOVED, but different story) for just over a week. It has every option except AWD.

I've been able to make the auto seat recall work. Most of the time.

First, you have to have the options enabled, which it sounds like you do. Next you have to make sure your key fob is in the vehicle on the drivers side when you set the memory seats. I have mine set so the seat automatically goes to the exit position when you get out of the vehicle. Then, when you open the door when you return, the seat moves back to the memory position. So, you kinda have to hurry and get in before the seat moves all the way back up. I actually like this better though than the CTS that you had to push a button every single time you got in.

Like I said it works most of the time. I cant explain why 20% of the time you open the door and the seat just sits there. If I lock the vehicle again and then open the door again, usually the seat will go back to the memory position.

I would try holding your key fob RIGHT NEXT to the door handle when you open the door. If that doesnt do it, try locking the doors with your key fob and then open it again.

I dont ever move the peddles or the mirrors so I dont know if they go back to memory or not. I'll have to check that for you tomorrow. The cooled seats, well, it hasnt been hot enough here for them to automatically come on like they are supposed to, so we'll see.

Re: To other 2010 SRX owners - an answer!

OK, some answers from Cadillac Techline...
    My sales rep called me yesterday after he had a conference call with his service mgr, and techline; it seems that there a few issues here, and the SRX will operate one of three ways regarding the memory seats/mirrors/pedals:
    1: If the "Drivers Seat Easy Exit" is set to ON under Comfort and Convenience, then the drivers seat will roll back giving you some extra room to exit the vehicle. When you return and enter the SRX the seat/mirrors will return to the position that they were in last, it will NOT set it to driver 1 or 2, just the last position.
    2: If the "Drivers Seat Easy Exit" is set to OFF under Comfort and Convenience and the "Remote Memory Recall" is set to ON and you set the seat/mirrors to memory position 1 or 2 per fob, then the SRX will reset the drivers seat/mirrors/pedals according to which fob opened the door and started the vehicle. I tried this yesterday, and it did seem to work, I will experiment with it today and see how it goes...
    3: If you set the above settings to off, the the seats/mirrors/pedals will always stay where you set them, and they will not move on their own.

Well, I played with it this afternoon, and the memory seats/mirrors are flaky at best...
    Yes, it does work - sometimes, when it wants to.
    It might just be easier to turn on the seat exit, and set the seat position to 1 or 2 by the button on the drivers seat!

Mr. Sunshine is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

I have a friend with a 2010 SRX, and he says his recall works pretty consistently, and maybe all of the time. He is pretty-old fashioned, though, and he always presses the unlock button on his keyfob a couple of times as he walks up to the vehicle, even though he has the passive system and doesn't have to.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.