2010 SRX test drive
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2010 SRX test drive in Cadillac SRX Forums; ...well ride. My dad is looking at a new car so we went out test driving today. We drove: - ...
    V-Eight is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1991 Sedan Deville

2010 SRX test drive

...well ride. My dad is looking at a new car so we went out test driving today. We drove:

- 2009 CTS 3.6SIDI AWD
    - 2009 CTS
    - 2010 SRX 3.0 DI
    - 2010 Camaro
    - 2009 G37xS Sedan
    - 2009 Challenger SRT-8 (sat in and started, no test drive)

We were going to test drive an MDX, but Acura had terrible service, so we left.

Honestly I didn't like the way the SRX felt on shifts, and it was noticeably less gutsy than the CTS. On shifts it seemed to shift twice or something. Fit and finish was very nice though, with a quality interior and the tv screens on the headrests were nice. It was also because it just came in yesterday and was the first one in the city. I'm glad I spotted it!

It also had a very cool startup

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_KM4OhOIM4"]YouTube - 2010 SRX startup[/ame]

The Camaro was fu**ing sick, thats all I can say on that one. The G37xS actually pulled pretty hard...when we got back we could smell the tires just from the tight turns

The CTS DI was pretty impressive too, if you get on it at high speeds, that nose picks right up which kinda surprised me. It was also nice to be able to chirp the tires around turns with the non-DI and my dad not even trying to do it...

On a total sidenote, I'm trying to set this http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/1....f34.3.500.jpg as my background, but it pixelates a lot. Anyone know where I can find a bigger version?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Rodya234 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1998 Seville STS / 2013 Chevrolet Impala

Re: 2010 SRX test drive

We went to see an SRX two weeks ago. It was just like you said, great interior (the headrest screens are a $1,200 option or something like that), sluggish power plant, weird transmission. The event we went to was not at a dealer, and only the SRXs and a CTS SportWagon were there, so its safe to say that my dad's Deville was the fastest Cadillac present.

There was a 2010 Camaro SS in the lot next to the tents they had set up though. It was sweet.

I like that video too, the music even syncs up!

I'd be interested to try out the 2.8T and see how the power in that one feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodya234 View Post

I like that video too, the music even sync's up!
    You can thank Youtube's audioswap for that one. Crappy cell phone quality for the video though.

so its safe to say that my dad's Deville was the fastest Cadillac present. :!
    What year is his deVille?

^It's a stock '93. (might get 3.06:1 gearing one day, depending on how it goes in my car.)

The CTS Sportwagon might have been fastest, but they weren't letting anyone drive it, so it was actually the slowest.

^It's a stock '93. (might get 3.06:1 gearing one day, depending on how it goes in my car.)

The CTS Sportwagon might have been fastest, but they weren't letting anyone drive it, so it was actually the slowest.
    Yeah, as much as I love the deVille, I'm sure the CTS was faster lol. The SRX does 0-60 in 8.3 which is pretty sad....they should kept a N* edition. Our cars aren't much faster than 8.3 are they?

Deville should be around 8 flat. I've heard the Twin-turbo SRX will be able to pull a 7.5 or so 0-60, but they won't be available till November or something.

Deville should be around 8 flat. I've heard the Twin-turbo SRX will be able to pull a 7.5 or so 0-60, but they won't be available till November or something.
    Hmmm. Yeah, they really should have stuck with the 3.6DI and found a way to lighten it up. Hell, they should have kept it RWD too. Basically the only improvement over the old one is cosmetics and the interior.

Quote Originally Posted by V-Eight View Post
    Hmmm. Yeah, they really should have stuck with the 3.6DI and found a way to lighten it up. Hell, they should have kept it RWD too. Basically the only improvement over the old one is cosmetics and the interior.
    Yeah, a luxury car nowadays should be around 6-6.5s 0-60. I guess the SRX gets a little bit of a break though, because its not meant to have stellar performance, and its a crossover. Still, my dad described it as "a LUDICROUSLY nice Dodge Caravan."

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

Yeah, a luxury car nowadays should be around 6-6.5s 0-60. I guess the SRX gets a little bit of a break though, because its not meant to have stellar performance, and its a crossover. Still, my dad described it as "a LUDICROUSLY nice Dodge Caravan."
    That's about what it drives like too. GM really took a step backwards with the SRX IMO, the last version was a rocketship and handled really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aron9000 View Post
    That's about what it drives like too. GM really took a step backwards with the SRX IMO, the last version was a rocketship and handled really well.
    We rented a Caravan in Vancouver and flooring it, we barely made it up some hills. They should have kept the SRX RWD/AWD and had a N* option. They did a good job in terms of looks, but that's where it stops

hardrockcamaro@mac.c is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

I'm sorry, the tasty new SRX no longer has a N* option?

That's too heavy a vehicle to not have a V8 (imho).

Quote Originally Posted by hardrockcamaro@mac.c View Post

Not that I know of, pretty sure its just the 3.0DI and the 2.8T coming later in the year.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by hardrockcamaro@mac.c View Post

That's because very few people chose the V8 options on the models that offered them. If only 10-12% of your customers are picking an option as a company you're going to see that your priorities need to go elsewhere, in this case V6s. We're just used to V8s in Caddys. But if you compare the offered HP options in the new SRX to the market it's in competition with like the Lexus RX there's 10HP (less) difference with the base engine in the SRX. Once the turbo engine becomes available it will offer 25HP more. (for a price of course).

The Northstar is for all intense and purposes a dead engine.

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

The 3.0L seems adequate, (the 2.8L turbo) should pick up some of the slack. Fuel economy is again going to be a consideration in the coming years (and Cadillac already has to address that, in some degree, with the new CAFE regulations). Clearly the SRX is not 'your cup of tea'; that being said, I'm predicting that it will be a fairly good vehicle for Cadillac sales and you just need to look elsewhere for your new Caddy (or next vehicle) if Cadillac doesn't meet your expectations. JMO

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.