2010 SRX test drive - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2010 SRX test drive in Cadillac SRX Forums; I really enjoyed that video (despite the cell-phone quality). Do the gauges stay lit like that even if the lights ...
    billc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante, 1999 Deville Concours

Re: 2010 SRX test drive

I really enjoyed that video (despite the cell-phone quality). Do the gauges stay lit like that even if the lights are off. That seems like it would be pretty annoying.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

What about an 09 SRX ? The dealerships should be offering some pretty good deals on the remaining stock.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    That's because very few people chose the V8 options on the models that offered them. If only 10-12% of your customers are picking an option as a company you're going to see that your priorities need to go elsewhere, in this case V6s. We're just used to V8s in Caddys. But if you compare the offered HP options in the new SRX to the market it's in competition with like the Lexus RX there's 10HP (less) difference with the base engine in the SRX. Once the turbo engine becomes available it will offer 25HP more. (for a price of course).

The Northstar is for all intense and purposes a dead engine.

It seems to be the way of things, that V8 engines are being killed off due to consumers being concerned about fuel economy, the only problem with that is that I've noticed is that in the American cars that have made it over to UK shores the V6 does barely better on fuel than the V8 due to shorter gearing which comes about from having less torque to move such a heavy vehicle. HP figures are all well and good, it's the torque figure that matters more (to me) when it comes to heavy cars.

If Detroit wants to save gas they need to lighten the vehicles so that they can drop the V8's and use V6's. Heavy vehicles and smaller engines are not generally a good idea.

Of course, 3L (ish) turbo diesels would be ideal as they have the torque to move the weight and return great fuel economy but then that's a different debate and set of issues...

Rodya234 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1998 Seville STS / 2013 Chevrolet Impala

The 2.8L Turbo doesn't even get great fuel economy. My 4.9L gets better mileage (26mpg rated, more like 28-30 actual) then both the base 3.0L (25mpg) and the 2.8L twin-turbo (21mpg) in the SRX.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rodya234 View Post
    We went to see an SRX two weeks ago. It was just like you said, great interior (the headrest screens are a $1,200 option or something like that), sluggish power plant, weird transmission. The event we went to was not at a dealer, and only the SRXs and a CTS SportWagon were there, so its safe to say that my dad's Deville was the fastest Cadillac present.

There was a 2010 Camaro SS in the lot next to the tents they had set up though. It was sweet.

I like that video too, the music even syncs up!

was that at DeerPark Mall? I got an invite to that event in the mail. I almost went. If there was a CTSsportwagon there, I am now pissed at myself that I did not go

Rodya234 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1998 Seville STS / 2013 Chevrolet Impala

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    was that at DeerPark Mall? I got an invite to that event in the mail. I almost went. If there was a CTSsportwagon there, I am now pissed at myself that I did not go
    We could have gone to the one in Deer Park, but we went to the one in Bollingbrook instead. There was an Escalade Hybrid there as well, but most people seemed to agree that the Sport Wagon was the real show-stopper.

V-Eight is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1991 Sedan Deville

I don't know what people see in wagons.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

I like wagons. Same passenger space, but lower to the ground so you can toss it around.

the CTSsportwagon should have the handling dynamics of a sedan, but you will be able to easily fit two copy machines in the back

just try and tell me this isnt sexy

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    the CTSsportwagon should have the handling dynamics of a sedan, but you will be able to easily fit two copy machines in the back
    Thank goodness! The repair shop was unhappy with me dropping off two Canons lathered in butter and grease.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

I've yet to figure out why people over here buy SUV's which they say is for space when the load area on a wagon is bigger and they seat the same number of people in about the same comfort but use way less fuel and cost way less to buy.

With fuel prices always on the up I can see wagons making a comeback when people finally figure this out...

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

People like that AWD in SUV's and the sitting high off the ground thing.

SUVs are usually wider too. The last big wide wagon available in the US was the Buick Roadmaster/Olds Cruiser/Chevy Caprice.

Americans own a lot of boats and horses too, so the towing capacity is important (the GM full size wagons could out-tow a Range Rover however).

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by V-Eight View Post
    I don't know what people see in wagons.
    You can carry more rifles and ammo for when you're attacked by indians or comancheros.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.