Transmission issues already with new 2010 srx
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Transmission issues already with new 2010 srx in Cadillac SRX Forums; I bought a new 2010 srx a week ago. Two days later i had to bring it back to the ...
    onomrb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Unhappy Transmission issues already with new 2010 srx

I bought a new 2010 srx a week ago. Two days later i had to bring it back to the dealer for transmission issues. From what i found out gm rushed these vehicles out for sale. They were delayed initially because gm wanted to do some software changes with the tranny. Since the vehicle recieved not so good press reviews in regards to the transmission and lack of torque with the 3.0 engine, gm wanted to try to make some changes in order to give the car better pick up and allow the 6 speed tranny to change more easily.
    My vehicle when leaving from a stop would not go immediately. There was a delay till the gear kicked in. It felt like someone rear ended you. Apparently, there are quite a few first production vehicles out there with the same problem that i had.

My dealer was terrific with me. Since they were having trouble trying to do a software change on my vehicle, which didn't take. They gave me my money back for the car.

I think the chassis is a terrific chasis for cadillac. I think the transmission will be an issue. When you drive with the a/c on it really puts a huge load on the tranny. The gears keep trying to change excessively and also at times the transmission is very jerky. The a/c doesn't blow enough air in the vehicle from the center vents.

You would think gm would get it right already. I have faith in them, but i think it's pretty sad they are not fine tuning their vehicles before launching a new model.

The srx has huge potential. It definitely needs the extra torque.

I really want to buy another one, but might wait a bit till the kinks are out of the transmission. The car hunts to much for the correct gear, especially with the a/c on.
    glrubens and glrubens like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dctex99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Lexus RX350, Satin Cashmere Metallic

Re: Transmission issues already with new 2010 srx

hmmm....I hear alot of "I told you so'sssssssss" !

durangojim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD LUXURY

That's really disappointing to hear. I was thinking about picking one up to lease in a couple of weeks to replace my CTS4. Was your car awd or fwd?

Quote Originally Posted by durangojim View Post
    That's really disappointing to hear. I was thinking about picking one up to lease in a couple of weeks to replace my CTS4. Was your car awd or fwd?
    Mine was fed. I had driven an awe but found it very slow. It's really unfortunate that they didn't get it right. GM didn't likethe bad press about the tranny being so slow or erratic hunting of gears and the low torque. I want to buy another one. Now since GM is offering the 60 day test drive on a purchased car I might just do that.

larryk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Previously 01 BMW X5

Ours is also fwd, and we don't have the problems that you experienced, no delay from a stopped position, or jerkiness. We live in southern Nevada, so the air conditioner and ventilated seats are on all the time, and it gets cold in the car.
    Sorry that you had those problems, but it's good to hear that it all worked out for you. You should try another SRX, we really like ours...

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

This is disappointing to hear. Do you know if the new Equinox is having the same problem? One of our friends wants to buy one.

I don't believe the Equinox is having any issues. I actually went to test drive one the other day to see if the transmission was any different. The Equinox drove fantastic. I know its the same engine and tranny, but the vehicle I think weighs less. Good Luck

cz9h3d is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX and Escalade...and sometimes a CTS

Sorry to hear about your issues - nice hearing about how your dealer handled it - impressive!

I've put many miles on my AWD, and have not had the issues you speak of. I do tend to get into the throttle more aggressively when i want power/torque now, but nothing that I can't handle.

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by onomrb View Post
    I had driven an awe but found it very slow.

I unforunately had the same experience. As compared to a RX though, it might be on par. Nontheless, nice vehicle, but not for the performance minded. Former SRX N* owners will likely look elsewhere.

SEPRCP is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

I was about to pick up my 2010 SRX from the dealer but they called to say it has been sent back to the factory because of "issues with the all-wheel drive." I wonder if these are the issues mentioned in previous posts? I am now reluctant to move forward with the purchase given the "kinks." Any advice here for me? I am nervous about proceeding. THanks you for you insights!

Quote Originally Posted by SEPRCP View Post
    I was about to pick up my 2010 SRX from the dealer but they called to say it has been sent back to the factory because of "issues with the all-wheel drive." I wonder if these are the issues mentioned in previous posts? I am now reluctant to move forward with the purchase given the "kinks." Any advice here for me? I am nervous about proceeding. THanks you for you insights!
    From what I heard from the GM at the dealership is they are replacing like five parts in the all wheel drive version. I don't know what parts they are. I wanted to test drvie the AWD but the dealer had to pull them out till the parts came in. I believe the fix is done. I'm looking at another FWD SRX today and see how it drives. You would think GM would get it right the first time. Even their offering on the 60 day test drive is a joke. You must read all the fine print. They make it sound like drive it for 60 days, if you don't like the car then just give it back. Yeah right. You must do all the ground work and more. Just like the old saying goes " If it sounds to good to be true, then it is."

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by SEPRCP View Post

I would not be too nervous. Just make sure you drive the exact vehicle you are getting before you do the final paperwork. Old GM would have sent them out to customers anyway, and waited for them to come back for the fix. I see this as a good thing.

SEPRCP is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I heard from the dealer again today about the issues with the SRX they had coming in for me. The dealer said he "has no way of knowing when the car will be available" and said GM stopped shipment of all the AWD 2010 SRXs destined for his dealership. He then tried to sell me a front wheel drive SRX. I may wait a bit and see how this plays out. This is my first time purchasing a Caddy. Anyway, thank you for the responses. Happy driving...

hw1
    hw1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Interesting. I have been considering an AWD SRX. Right now I drive an Audi Q7. I have not been happy with it (lots of time in the shop) and am willing to try an American car again. It makes me nervous to buy something that sounds like it was rushed to showrooms. That was part of the problem with the Q7...I swore I would not buy a first year release again, but I really like the look and features of the 2010 SRX. I will check back to see what everyone is saying.

durangojim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD LUXURY

Quote Originally Posted by hw1 View Post
    Interesting. I have been considering an AWD SRX. Right now I drive an Audi Q7. I have not been happy with it (lots of time in the shop) and am willing to try an American car again. It makes me nervous to buy something that sounds like it was rushed to showrooms. That was part of the problem with the Q7...I swore I would not buy a first year release again, but I really like the look and features of the 2010 SRX. I will check back to see what everyone is saying.
    I just took delivery of a FWD SRX last Tuesday and have about 200 miles on it now. No issues at all. Transmission is fine. Don't know about AWD but so far I love mine.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.