2.8 Turbo Release Date
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2.8 Turbo Release Date in Cadillac SRX Forums; Anyone know when the 2.8 Turbo is scheduled to be released? I am holding out for that one. By December ...
    DesertDogs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Waiting for 2010 SRX Turbo

2.8 Turbo Release Date

Anyone know when the 2.8 Turbo is scheduled to be released? I am holding out for that one. By December maybe - I hope.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

louiefl99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe

Re: 2.8 Turbo Release Date

Coming back for the Florida Keys a couple weeks ago I stumbled across a 2010 SRX in the rest area. As I was checking it out, a GM employee (product trainer?) walked up and we spent a half hour going over the features and talking about options, etc. The car had Michigan Manufacturer's tags and apparently he was on tour to south Florida dealerships demonstrating the features of the new SRX. His was Crystal Red, pretty much loaded (Navigation, Rear seat flip up screens, 20" wheels, etc.) When I asked about the turbo, he said it was likely 1st Quarter of 2010 which he emphasiszed could be as late as the end of March. My lease on my 2008 CTS is up December 2010 and I'm very interested.

I was hoping by the end of the year. Guess I'll just have to wait a little longer.

Bee iLL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Raven Black STS-V, 2010 Radiant Silver SRX Premium 2.8T

According to this article, they should start showing up in show rooms around October... Probably wishful thinking but I'm hoping before the end of the year myself. My 2004 grand cherokee is falling apart and it pains me to keep throwing money into the thing when I know I will be buying the SRX Turbo asap!

http://www.popularmechanics.com/blog...s/4327158.html

cz9h3d is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX and Escalade...and sometimes a CTS

Your dealer will be able to create an order within a couple weeks. Production start-up timing is always subject to change, but cars should start showing up in stores come December.

Quote Originally Posted by cz9h3d View Post
    Your dealer will be able to create an order within a couple weeks. Production start-up timing is always subject to change, but cars should start showing up in stores come December.
    Thanks for the info - I will check with the local dealer.

cz9h3d is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX and Escalade...and sometimes a CTS

Dealer will be able to create a Turbo order by the end of this week. But I don't think any will be built until we get into November, so it's probably an early Christmas present if you get an early order in.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.