I got mine...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, I got mine... in Cadillac SRX Forums; We picked up our new Red / Shale-Brownstone 2010 SRX yesterday. It is the FWD version, and has the premium ...
    larryk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Previously 01 BMW X5

Thumbs up I got mine...

We picked up our new Red / Shale-Brownstone 2010 SRX yesterday. It is the FWD version, and has the premium package, and the chrome aluminum wheels.
    So far I am impressed, there are so many gadgets to play with...
    The size is good, there is more road feedback than my old Eldorado, which was a Barcalounger on wheels, and much less than my X5 3.0, which was heavier and you felt almost everything. As far as power, I haven't noticed that much difference between it and the X5 (which I never had any complaints about).
    I'm sure that today we will be playing with it all day...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Bradc28 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Re: I got mine...

Congrats, larryk. Let us know how it is after you get used to it. I've got a few months to go before I get mine.

DesertDogs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Waiting for 2010 SRX Turbo

Congrats Larry - Quick question - should I expect to pay MSRP or is there some room for negotiations on these new vehicles?

Never owned a Cadillac before so not sure what to expect.

Thanks

durangojim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD LUXURY

I took an SRX4 luxury for a test drive yesterday and was very impressed. Will probably pick one up in the next couple of months when my CTS4 lease is up. A question, does yours have the standard non GPS radio? If so is it the same ast the CTS? The only SRXs I've seen have all had the GPS which I don't need and don't want. Congrats on your new car!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by larryk View Post
    We picked up our new Red / Shale-Brownstone 2010 SRX yesterday. It is the FWD version, and has the premium package, and the chrome aluminum wheels.
    The size is good, there is more road feedback than my old Eldorado, which was a Barcalounger on wheels, and much less than my X5 3.0, which was heavier and you felt almost everything. As far as power, I haven't noticed that much difference between it and the X5 (which I never had any complaints about).
    Good to hear you like it. I think the last gen SRX was closer to the BMW X crossovers and Cadillac realized it needed a Lexus-like crossover to sell well. Being cheaper helps...

larryk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Previously 01 BMW X5

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDogs View Post
    - should I expect to pay MSRP or is there some room for negotiations on these new vehicles?
    I would think that because of the newness of the vehicle, that MSRP (or close) would apply.
    Ours was GMS (employee) pricing...

cz9h3d is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX and Escalade...and sometimes a CTS

It's all supply vs. demand. If you're looking to buy a car this week, the dealer has the upper hand as cars are not in huge supply. If you wait another month, there should be plenty of cars and more negotiating.

If you currently have a competitive vehicle, you can get GMS pricing (employee pricing) via a GM Employee (2 per employee through the end of September). The code is good for 6 months.

Chardo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by cz9h3d View Post
    It's all supply vs. demand. If you're looking to buy a car this week, the dealer has the upper hand as cars are not in huge supply. If you wait another month, there should be plenty of cars and more negotiating.

If you currently have a competitive vehicle, you can get GMS pricing (employee pricing) via a GM Employee (2 per employee through the end of September). The code is good for 6 months.
    How do I get this GM employee pricing? I don't think I know any GM employees. Does anyone have a code? Is the discount significant? Does it apply to leases?

dctex99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Lexus RX350, Satin Cashmere Metallic

Thumbs down Re: I got mine...I am not even close to having mine...

I ordered a brochure in July; they told me they would have them the middle of August;;;called today,,NO Date available????
    Tried my local dealer for an SRX,,,,My WOMAN owned dealer is being closed; and the dealership given to a questionable character who sells GMC trucks....but just down the street they are finishing the largest LEXUS dealership on the west coast, at a cost of 29 Million dollars..complete with hair salon, car detailing, restaurant,,,and it goes on......I will be looking at the Lexus alternative; obviously GM does not want me in an SRX,,,or is their a national shortage of printing presses for brochures....no just a lack of coordination at GM, as usual!!! I just called the 800 number; no help! I think they should have opted for chapter 7 instead of 11!!

smithb is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

All the info is available online with videos, so a brochure won't have any new info.
    I am willing to bet it will take more than a few weeks for stock to build (especially with the build up the SRX has gotten) to really make the dealers deal. You can get invoice pricing for every option at edmunds.com. You may be ablet to get them down a little, but invoice is pretty close to MSRP and dealers probably won't go below $1k over invoice. Some more sophisticated dealers will cut you a deal just to move a unit so they can get more allocation (the more the sell, the more they get, which is important for a hot selling car, which this may turn out to be). The dealer I bought from was buying CTS's from dealers all over the country to resell so they could have bigger numbers and get a bigger allocation. Point being, negotiate with the dealer and be willing to walk away. It is just a car and they will be making them in a year, so can walk away and get one later. GM will make as many as they can sell and the more they sell the cheaper they get.

Smile Re: I got mine...

MY "New dealer" is promised a bunch when he takes over the Cadillac name on October 1st!! It will be interesting; latest word is that he will rent the old dealership since he also has crappy Kias filling all his open space~but he made a killing unloading*(trading) Kias for Klunkers~~@@!! Hope everyone enjoys them; and I pity you if you hit a Suburban!

Wink Re: I got mine...

Quote Originally Posted by Chardo View Post
    How do I get this GM employee pricing? I don't think I know any GM employees. Does anyone have a code? Is the discount significant? Does it apply to leases?
    Well, a friend of mine in Michigan had an uncle who worked for GM, and used his discount every 3 years to get a new truck!! When he was on his deathbed, he rushed down to get that last new truck before the discount was gone.lol Right now it is probably not much less than all the discounts and rebates that everyone is giving to move product!!

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

Given the seemingly low supply, I am even more shocked that I am driving a loaded black 2010 as a loaner from the Caddy dealer (enterprise). My initial review is on another thread. Sorry it is short and incomplete - when time allows, I will add more.

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dctex99 View Post
    I ordered a brochure in July; they told me they would have them the middle of August;;;called today,,NO Date available????
    Tried my local dealer for an SRX,,,,My WOMAN owned dealer is being closed; and the dealership given to a questionable character who sells GMC trucks....but just down the street they are finishing the largest LEXUS dealership on the west coast, at a cost of 29 Million dollars..complete with hair salon, car detailing, restaurant,,,and it goes on......I will be looking at the Lexus alternative; obviously GM does not want me in an SRX,,,or is their a national shortage of printing presses for brochures....no just a lack of coordination at GM, as usual!!! I just called the 800 number; no help! I think they should have opted for chapter 7 instead of 11!!

Quote Originally Posted by dctex99 View Post
    MY "New dealer" is promised a bunch when he takes over the Cadillac name on October 1st!! It will be interesting; latest word is that he will rent the old dealership since he also has crappy Kias filling all his open space~but he made a killing unloading*(trading) Kias for Klunkers~~@@!! Hope everyone enjoys them; and I pity you if you hit a Suburban!
    Just wondering...do you ever have anything positive to say? Perhaps you would be happier with that "Lexus alternative."

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by larryk View Post
    Larry--now that you've had it a few weeks, how's it going? Any complaints other than the memory seat issue? Inquiring minds want to know!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.