Cadillac Owners Forum banner
6K views 34 replies 13 participants last post by  cushsix 
#1 ·
We picked up our new Red / Shale-Brownstone 2010 SRX yesterday. It is the FWD version, and has the premium package, and the chrome aluminum wheels.
So far I am impressed, there are so many gadgets to play with...
The size is good, there is more road feedback than my old Eldorado, which was a Barcalounger on wheels, and much less than my X5 3.0, which was heavier and you felt almost everything. As far as power, I haven't noticed that much difference between it and the X5 (which I never had any complaints about).
I'm sure that today we will be playing with it all day...

#4 ·
I took an SRX4 luxury for a test drive yesterday and was very impressed. Will probably pick one up in the next couple of months when my CTS4 lease is up. A question, does yours have the standard non GPS radio? If so is it the same ast the CTS? The only SRXs I've seen have all had the GPS which I don't need and don't want. Congrats on your new car!

#7 ·
It's all supply vs. demand. If you're looking to buy a car this week, the dealer has the upper hand as cars are not in huge supply. If you wait another month, there should be plenty of cars and more negotiating.

If you currently have a competitive vehicle, you can get GMS pricing (employee pricing) via a GM Employee (2 per employee through the end of September). The code is good for 6 months.

#9 ·
Re: I got mine...I am not even close to having mine...

I ordered a brochure in July; they told me they would have them the middle of August;;;called today,,NO Date available????
Tried my local dealer for an SRX,,,,My WOMAN owned dealer is being closed; and the dealership given to a questionable character who sells GMC trucks....but just down the street they are finishing the largest LEXUS dealership on the west coast, at a cost of 29 Million dollars..complete with hair salon, car detailing, restaurant,,,and it goes on......I will be looking at the Lexus alternative; obviously GM does not want me in an SRX,,,or is their a national shortage of printing presses for brochures....no just a lack of coordination at GM, as usual!!! I just called the 800 number; no help! I think they should have opted for chapter 7 instead of 11!!

#14 ·
I ordered a brochure in July; they told me they would have them the middle of August;;;called today,,NO Date available????
Tried my local dealer for an SRX,,,,My WOMAN owned dealer is being closed; and the dealership given to a questionable character who sells GMC trucks....but just down the street they are finishing the largest LEXUS dealership on the west coast, at a cost of 29 Million dollars..complete with hair salon, car detailing, restaurant,,,and it goes on......I will be looking at the Lexus alternative; obviously GM does not want me in an SRX,,,or is their a national shortage of printing presses for brochures....no just a lack of coordination at GM, as usual!!! I just called the 800 number; no help! I think they should have opted for chapter 7 instead of 11!!

MY "New dealer" is promised a bunch when he takes over the Cadillac name on October 1st!! It will be interesting; latest word is that he will rent the old dealership since he also has crappy Kias filling all his open space~but he made a killing unloading*(trading) Kias for Klunkers~~@@!! Hope everyone enjoys them; and I pity you if you hit a Suburban!
Just wondering...do you ever have anything positive to say? Perhaps you would be happier with that "Lexus alternative."

#10 ·
All the info is available online with videos, so a brochure won't have any new info.
I am willing to bet it will take more than a few weeks for stock to build (especially with the build up the SRX has gotten) to really make the dealers deal. You can get invoice pricing for every option at edmunds.com. You may be ablet to get them down a little, but invoice is pretty close to MSRP and dealers probably won't go below $1k over invoice. Some more sophisticated dealers will cut you a deal just to move a unit so they can get more allocation (the more the sell, the more they get, which is important for a hot selling car, which this may turn out to be). The dealer I bought from was buying CTS's from dealers all over the country to resell so they could have bigger numbers and get a bigger allocation. Point being, negotiate with the dealer and be willing to walk away. It is just a car and they will be making them in a year, so can walk away and get one later. GM will make as many as they can sell and the more they sell the cheaper they get.

#11 ·
MY "New dealer" is promised a bunch when he takes over the Cadillac name on October 1st!! It will be interesting; latest word is that he will rent the old dealership since he also has crappy Kias filling all his open space~but he made a killing unloading*(trading) Kias for Klunkers~~@@!! Hope everyone enjoys them; and I pity you if you hit a Suburban!

#13 ·
Given the seemingly low supply, I am even more shocked that I am driving a loaded black 2010 as a loaner from the Caddy dealer (enterprise). My initial review is on another thread. Sorry it is short and incomplete - when time allows, I will add more.

#15 ·
Larry--now that you've had it a few weeks, how's it going? Any complaints other than the memory seat issue? Inquiring minds want to know! :D

#16 ·
I still really like it. There are so many articles, and people that state it doesn't have enough power (how much is enough?) If you were looking for a "performance" vehicle, you wouldn't be looking at an SRX anyway, or it doesn't have third row seating, good - I'm really glad that it doesn't, I most likely would not have looked at it if it did. I think that Cadillac really did it's homework on the design/features. I have not had any problems with acceleration, and I have taken it over mountain ranges to and from Las Vegas, multiple times. The gas mileage is about what they said it would be, better than my X5, and regular gas. It has plenty of cargo room, we just hauled a new water softener in it the other day. I love the passive entry, and push button start, although it took a little getting used to, I kept reaching up to the column for the ignition key, or into my pocket for the keys...

#17 ·
I totally agree with you on the power issue and the 3rd row seat...I don't need them :D Thanks for your response; this SRX sounds better all the time.

#20 ·
Seeing a lot of them, as well as the CTS wagons around. I think the wagon looks better, but the SRX has some neat new features and is a bit more practical if you need to have cargo room. Again, I think the SRX is going to be a GM winner, just not my personal cup of tea. Perhaps though, the unit I drove (AWD) needed some of the re-programming discussed. Honestly, I was not expecting a performance vehicle, but that thing just felt plain slow to me. Maybe it was not so much power issues, as the tranny seemed to upshift to too low a gear on hard acceleration, resulting in the "lots of noise and high RPM, but no equal acceleration" phenomenon.

#21 ·
The wagon is definitely a winner, but for some reason I'm liking the SRX better. Fans of the 1st Gen SRX will likely prefer the CTS wagon. Of course, I haven't driven either one yet so I'll have to defer the final judgement. I'm thrilled that GM has apparently produced a winner in the SRX/Equinox, one that will truly give the RX a run for it's money. Oddly, I don't care for the Terrain (GMC version); it tries too hard to maintain a "truck-ish" look that just doesn't work, IMO.

#22 ·
Oddly, I don't care for the Terrain (GMC version); it tries too hard to maintain a "truck-ish" look that just doesn't work, IMO.
I did not like the Terrain in print, but in person driving on the road, it is not bad. Of the three, I like it visually the most. Maybe that is because I like boxy trucks though. Loved my 92 4 dr. Cherokee (NOT Grand Cherokee). That was a box with a hood.

#23 ·
One thing that I notice is that psychologically the MPG meter at the top of the guages makes me drive more efficiently. With my CTS I used to go off the line pretty quickly at lights. With the SRX I'm much smoother and try to keep that needle in the middle or right, pretty silly but I'm getting about 20 mpg city which isn't too bad.

#24 ·
^^ I did like that as well as the HUGE option of the digital speedo. I can't change the size of the digital speedo on my Lade or SLS. With the 2010 SRX, if you forego other information on the screen, the digital speedo takes center stage and is quite big.

#28 ·
Well. I think it's a looker. It's got great fit and finish and feels very tight and solid. I'm hating the wimpy exhaust note :lol: and I forgot how much I dislike FWD...but overall... I LIKE IT!! :woot:

#30 ·
Congrats!

We got back yesterday from our 500 mile trip to northern Michigan. My wife and I both found the vehicle to be more comfortable than my CTS, and my 4 year old son LOVED the sun roof. He said he didn't mind not having a DVD player because the roof was his dvd player (pretty awesome to hear from a little kid). No problems with it what so ever and averaged about 25 mpg highway.

#31 ·
I got mine last week. It's AWD black/black, luxury pkg, NAV, and rear DVD player. I have ~500 miles on it. The things I like about it are fit/finish, size is just right, fuel economy (~22 MPG on REGULAR gas), cabin is extremely quiet and comfortable, and it just looks freakin cool! Also, I think it's about $10K cheaper than a similarly equipped foreign CUV. Mine was $44K MSRP and I paid $41K for it.

My main complaint is lack of low-end torque. If you're in the market, I'd suggest waiting for the turbo if you can. Also, there are blindspots galore on this car, especially on the A-pillars. I'm still working on programming all the personalized features, which is taking time as well.

Overall, I'm satisfied and I hope cars like this and the new Taurus will help the American auto manufacturer's get back in the game. As far as I'm concerned, Cadillac hit one out of the park with the new SRX.

#34 ·
I hope cars like this and the new Taurus will help the American auto manufacturer's get back in the game. As far as I'm concerned, Cadillac hit one out of the park with the new SRX.
I totally agree. This vehicle squarely targets the Lexus RX, and with the Caddy price point it's going to grap a huge share of that market IMO. (I priced a Lexus RX10 and it was thousands more than the SRX.) The choice is a no brainer, considering the better warranty, etc. This is a winner, GM!

#35 ·
Congrats, The dealer here just called me this AM and said mine is arriving today at noon. Interestingly mine is equipped exactly as you you describe yours.
"Red / Shale-Brownstone 2010 SRX yesterday. It is the FWD version, and has the premium package, and the chrome aluminum wheels."
I know I'll spend all day playing also.
Good Luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.