I got mine... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, I got mine... in Cadillac SRX Forums; I still really like it. There are so many articles, and people that state it doesn't have enough power (how ...
    larryk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Previously 01 BMW X5

Re: I got mine...

I still really like it. There are so many articles, and people that state it doesn't have enough power (how much is enough?) If you were looking for a "performance" vehicle, you wouldn't be looking at an SRX anyway, or it doesn't have third row seating, good - I'm really glad that it doesn't, I most likely would not have looked at it if it did. I think that Cadillac really did it's homework on the design/features. I have not had any problems with acceleration, and I have taken it over mountain ranges to and from Las Vegas, multiple times. The gas mileage is about what they said it would be, better than my X5, and regular gas. It has plenty of cargo room, we just hauled a new water softener in it the other day. I love the passive entry, and push button start, although it took a little getting used to, I kept reaching up to the column for the ignition key, or into my pocket for the keys...

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I totally agree with you on the power issue and the 3rd row seat...I don't need them Thanks for your response; this SRX sounds better all the time.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by RightTurn View Post
    I totally agree with you on the power issue and the 3rd row seat...I don't need them Thanks for your response; this SRX sounds better all the time.
    Sounding better all the time?

Yes. It sounds better all the time.

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

Seeing a lot of them, as well as the CTS wagons around. I think the wagon looks better, but the SRX has some neat new features and is a bit more practical if you need to have cargo room. Again, I think the SRX is going to be a GM winner, just not my personal cup of tea. Perhaps though, the unit I drove (AWD) needed some of the re-programming discussed. Honestly, I was not expecting a performance vehicle, but that thing just felt plain slow to me. Maybe it was not so much power issues, as the tranny seemed to upshift to too low a gear on hard acceleration, resulting in the "lots of noise and high RPM, but no equal acceleration" phenomenon.

The wagon is definitely a winner, but for some reason I'm liking the SRX better. Fans of the 1st Gen SRX will likely prefer the CTS wagon. Of course, I haven't driven either one yet so I'll have to defer the final judgement. I'm thrilled that GM has apparently produced a winner in the SRX/Equinox, one that will truly give the RX a run for it's money. Oddly, I don't care for the Terrain (GMC version); it tries too hard to maintain a "truck-ish" look that just doesn't work, IMO.

TSS

Oddly, I don't care for the Terrain (GMC version); it tries too hard to maintain a "truck-ish" look that just doesn't work, IMO.
    I did not like the Terrain in print, but in person driving on the road, it is not bad. Of the three, I like it visually the most. Maybe that is because I like boxy trucks though. Loved my 92 4 dr. Cherokee (NOT Grand Cherokee). That was a box with a hood.

durangojim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD LUXURY

One thing that I notice is that psychologically the MPG meter at the top of the guages makes me drive more efficiently. With my CTS I used to go off the line pretty quickly at lights. With the SRX I'm much smoother and try to keep that needle in the middle or right, pretty silly but I'm getting about 20 mpg city which isn't too bad.

TSS

^^ I did like that as well as the HUGE option of the digital speedo. I can't change the size of the digital speedo on my Lade or SLS. With the 2010 SRX, if you forego other information on the screen, the digital speedo takes center stage and is quite big.

dctex99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Lexus RX350, Satin Cashmere Metallic

Yes, the Terrain is truly different looking;;if it did not have any badges, someone might think it is an H4 Hummer! It has that really boxy, strong look! I will stick to SRX tho.

OK--got mine today. Charcoal gray; lux pkg. It's sa-weeeeeet.

larryk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Previously 01 BMW X5

OK--got mine today. Charcoal gray; lux pkg. It's sa-weeeeeet.
    OK, after you come back in from driving it around the block multiple times, what are your impressions?

Well. I think it's a looker. It's got great fit and finish and feels very tight and solid. I'm hating the wimpy exhaust note and I forgot how much I dislike FWD...but overall... I LIKE IT!!

TSS

^^ congrats!

durangojim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD LUXURY

Well. I think it's a looker. It's got great fit and finish and feels very tight and solid. I'm hating the wimpy exhaust note and I forgot how much I dislike FWD...but overall... I LIKE IT!!
    Congrats!

We got back yesterday from our 500 mile trip to northern Michigan. My wife and I both found the vehicle to be more comfortable than my CTS, and my 4 year old son LOVED the sun roof. He said he didn't mind not having a DVD player because the roof was his dvd player (pretty awesome to hear from a little kid). No problems with it what so ever and averaged about 25 mpg highway.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.