Anyone spot a 2010 SRX at a Dealer?? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Anyone spot a 2010 SRX at a Dealer?? in Cadillac SRX Forums; My Dealer, Findlay Cadillac, in Henderson, NV received four on Friday, one of which is mine... I pick it up ...
    larryk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Previously 01 BMW X5

Re: Anyone spot a 2010 SRX at a Dealer??

My Dealer, Findlay Cadillac, in Henderson, NV received four on Friday, one of which is mine...
    I pick it up this afternoon.

cz9h3d is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX and Escalade...and sometimes a CTS

First cars are arriving at stores. 80 deliveries made to customers over the last few days. I'd expect most stores should have seen their first units by the end of the week (depends on how far they are from the plant).

rpgorman1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I was at my local dealer in Bayshore - Long Island, NY today. I sat in a 2010 SRX that was in the parking lot. This black beauty was fully loaded. The salesman asked if I wanted to go for a test drive, but I did not have the time...I'll try again later in the week.

Bradc28 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

I was at McGuire Cadillac in Woodbridge, NJ last night and saw 6 of them. They currently have 13 listed on their website.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

We just got 8 off the truck and they are prepping them.
    I think one is on the showroom floor already.

LuigiB is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Cole Century Cadillac in Portage, MI has a loaded red SRX with AWD. I stopped by for a quick look, and it is just stunning!! I'm planning to go on a test drive on Saturday, I hope it's still there!

I played with a couple and man they have made some cool changes.
    The backup camera is awesome.
    When you get in, put the car in reverse and then watch the screen, then turn the steering wheel back and forth.... then smile.
    I don't know what the competition has but I have never seen what they did there.

The DIC is awesome, the cluster is beautiful, I like the electric parking brake and lots of new features.
    I have only seen the DI 3.0 liter, I see on the website the 2.8 turbo will be out later this year.
    The nav system has much cooler capabilities. I can't wait to spend some time playing in one.

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

Just got a loaded black 2010 (480 miles on it) as a loaner from the dealer (enterprise) this morning. Needless to say, I was shocked.

Verdict is still out for me, some items are a little gimicky. Definitely a neat dash display, but the turn signal indicators (lights) look like an 80's arcade game. You need to drive one to understand what I mean. Also, this was an AWD unit and it felt a bit sluggish to me. Nice UV roof - the glass panels seem more "solid" over rough terrain than my 06 UV did. The advanced backup camera is cool, as stated. I have seen that type of image shifting before, but on a 100K plus S550. Overall, definitely too small and seemingly underpowered for my tastes, but I think it will attract and please new buyers cross shopping Lexus etc. However, if you have a first gen SRX, do not assume you will automatically like the new one better.

nagooya is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Blue Chip Escalade, 2 2006 Slate Blue HUMMER H3's

I was out looking at Camaro's and H3T's with my dad, so I asked if we could look at Caddy's to see if they had the new SRX. They did, actually, they had six of them. One was up on a display, it was fully loaded - black. They had the Red jewel color, two silver SRX's, another was the "flanel" color, and the last one was another black model. I went inside, the second row is kind of small but the trunk is large. It is VERY nice on the inside. Most of them were priced between 41K-46K. We just got an 2008 Escalade a few months ago, and it definitely felt like a mini-Escalade on the inside. The manager of the dealer said they just got them in last weekend (Labor Day weekend) and people were already purchasing them/coming in to see them. Seems like GM may have a hit on their hands!!!!

TSS

Quote Originally Posted by nagooya View Post
    We just got an 2008 Escalade a few months ago, and it definitely felt like a mini-Escalade on the inside.
    Fit and finish and quality of materials seems pretty superior to my 07 Lade. But, it is simply too MINI for me (so is the RX though). The first gen SRX was about as "small" as I prefer. I do agree with you though, it is going to be a popular vehicle. Go GM!

It is a pretty big departure from what people think an SRX is.
    I agree that a lot of SRX owners might not like it. It seems smaller but it has a really nice redesigned interior and the features are really nice.

I don't get the turn signal thing either, I noticed that right away and I am not sure why they did that.

TSS

Quote Originally Posted by ewill3rd View Post
    I don't get the turn signal thing either, I noticed that right away and I am not sure why they did that.
    It is really hard to describe too - you just have to see it. Followed shortly by scratching your head. Everything else is very well laid out and classy.

dctex99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Lexus RX350, Satin Cashmere Metallic

Drove 50 miles and had a look at the new 2010,,,not really iimpressed; too small..glad my wife didn't like it as she is the prime driver!! The dealer had 2 in stock, BUT the jerk Sales Manager had the day off and drove one home; so only the one in the showroom...really thoughtful dealer!!! They were more excited about some $300 Cadillac purses that came in than selling us a car; so no pressure at all! Asked for a brochure;;once again; available in a month!! I no longer wonder why GM needed a bailout! I will drove the 06 into the ground !

TSS

^^ none of that nonsense is unique to GM, unfortuneately.

onthebay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx

Valley Cadillac in Rochester, NY is well supplied with them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.