2010 SRX launch delay?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2010 SRX launch delay? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Heard a rumor that dealy in launch of 2010 SRX built in Mexico beacuase of build quality concern. Anyone have ...
    erbinator is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

2010 SRX launch delay?

Heard a rumor that dealy in launch of 2010 SRX built in Mexico beacuase of build quality concern. Anyone have more info?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dctex99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Lexus RX350, Satin Cashmere Metallic

Thumbs down Re: 2010 SRX launch delay?

Have not heard anything; but many cars have had "delays" that were made in Mexico; hope they save alot of money doing it as some companies have had alot of bugs from manufacturing there!! They have to cover them immediately upon finishing so the foul air does not immediately start eroding parts and paint! Chrysler used to use good old fashioned Cosmoline on the Ramchargers built there..just like a grease;used by the military to store rifles and other gear in Salt air and other nasty conditions. I definitely don't want one of the first 100 they build!!

smithb is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: 2010 SRX launch delay?

I am pretty sure that is made up. They were supposed to be released in August and they are at dealers now. Sounds on time to me.

There are always issues when you start a new process, no matter where it is or what you are doing. They have undoubtably been running SRX's up and down the assembly line for a couple months working out manufacturing problems. Some will still slip through and some design deficiencies will crop up, but they will get them fixed. There has never been a perfect product and never will be.

larryk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Previously 01 BMW X5

Thumbs up Re: 2010 SRX launch delay?

Quote Originally Posted by smithb View Post
    I am pretty sure that is made up. They were supposed to be released in August and they are at dealers now. Sounds on time to me.

There are always issues when you start a new process, no matter where it is or what you are doing. They have undoubtably been running SRX's up and down the assembly line for a couple months working out manufacturing problems. Some will still slip through and some design deficiencies will crop up, but they will get them fixed. There has never been a perfect product and never will be.
    Ahhh, A voice of reason...
    This is one of the first posts that I have read here that hasn't been derogatory towards the new SRX. How can someone put down a vehicle that they have not seen, or driven?
    We have seen it, and we have driven it, and we have ordered it!
    The dealer faxed me the window sticker today, and the car should be in this week.

dctex99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Lexus RX350, Satin Cashmere Metallic

Smile Re: 2010 SRX launch delay?

Please confirm that next week as another said production just started last week and they will probably hold units for quality control checks....they definitely don't need recalls coming off the Car Carrier like the Camaros.......that was really embarrasing........and people still paid 10K over sticker here for the first ones...lol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.