Another Positive 2010 SRX Review
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Another Positive 2010 SRX Review in Cadillac SRX Forums; SRX continues Cadillac's evolution Luxury competition gets tighter with curvy SRX Vehicles do not come with pituitary glands. They don't ...
    c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Another Positive 2010 SRX Review

SRX continues Cadillac's evolution
    Luxury competition gets tighter with curvy SRX

Vehicles do not come with pituitary glands.

They don't slowly grow from one form to another, undergoing painful transformations and Peter Brady voice changes.

They follow a more Darwinian path, evolve or die.

As Cadillac continues with its evolution, it has adopted a more family look throughout its lineup. Now, it can welcome the 2010 Cadillac SRX into the fold.

The five-passenger luxury crossover sheds its squared-off corners for a curvier body, creates a more luxurious interior and beefs up its performance. This is a crossover capable of never slipping on ice and stealing some customers in the growing luxury five-passenger crossover segment.
    With the addition of the SRX and Audi Q5 taking on mainstay lux crossovers, such as the Acura MDX and Lexus RX350, this crossover group has gotten a lot more interesting. No one seems to be taking customers for granted.

The Crest and Wreath brand finally seems to be taking the competition seriously, or more to the point, the competition may start taking the SRX seriously.

It should. The SRX comes with a great little 3-liter direct injection V-6 that provides 265 horsepower and 223 pound-feet of torque. In the fall, Cadillac will offer a 2.8-liter turbocharged V-6 that will tip the power scales at 300 horses. Providing good power helps the SRX roll through hills and highways with ease.

Speedy if it has to be

Power for the sake of power has slowly gone out of vogue -- and I am not condemning that notion -- but a crossover doesn't need M1A2 Abrams torque or Bugatti Veyron top speeds. It needs enough power to make the driver feel comfortable merging onto the highway with a cabin full of kids. It needs to always have a little left in the tank -- just in case.

The SRX can be speedy if it has to, but it feels more comfortable cruising along at 80 mph or gently rolling through the Irish Hills. In tests of both the all-wheel drive and the front-wheel-drive-only version, I preferred the all-wheel drive model, especially when driving on twisty roads. It felt more responsive when you pressed the throttle and had better manners through turns.

The SRX's sportiness falls somewhere between the Lexus and Audi -- sportier than the RX350 but not as sporty as the Q5. My biggest issue with the vehicle's power was that it required you to goose the gas to push up the rpm and pull out the power in it. The six-speed automatic transmission wanted to get to sixth gear in too much of a hurry -- which transmissions sometimes do when trying to improve the vehicle's gas mileage.

The all-wheel drive system, developed with Haldex, uses an electronic limited slip differential that allows the system to transfer the torque quickly from front to back and from wheel to wheel. In a test at General Motors Corp.'s (hey it was Corp. when I tested it) Milford Proving Grounds, I parked the SRX with the driver's side wheels on wet ceramic tiles to simulate ice and the other two wheels on pavement. Gunning the throttle, the SRX jumped forward, the slippage unnoticeable.

While it's not likely you'll find yourself parked half on ice and half on asphalt, the demonstration shows how capable this Cadillac has become.

Read more...
    http://www.detnews.com/article/20090...ac-s-evolution

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jdavis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 SRX4 V8 Sport

Re: Another Positive 2010 SRX Review

I can agree with most everything stated in the article and particularly the suggestion that the SRX has given up it's individuality and appears much the same as the rest of the crossover types. I suppose that GM's marketing department decided that it is better to join the crowd than to be different. Odd how being apart from the crowd has worked so well for the CTS and not for the SRX. Of course, the CTS was promoted far better than the SRX.

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D

Just wish they made a Q7 sized cadillac.

dctex99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Lexus RX350, Satin Cashmere Metallic

Can't wait to drive one and compare to Lexus RX.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Most reviews for the new SRX are going to be positive. It's a very good vehicle. I just don't feel it's "Cadillac" material. The reason the last SRX didn't sell too well was because it was a mix of crossover and station wagon - which turned out to be a bad idea. In my opinion, they should have left everything alone with the drive train and simply updated the interior and exterior to it's new 2010 style. That would have been the perfect Cadillac crossover SUV.

Quote Originally Posted by jdavis View Post
    I can agree with most everything stated in the article and particularly the suggestion that the SRX has given up it's individuality and appears much the same as the rest of the crossover types. I suppose that GM's marketing department decided that it is better to join the crowd than to be different. Odd how being apart from the crowd has worked so well for the CTS and not for the SRX. Of course, the CTS was promoted far better than the SRX.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.