2010 Cadillac SRX Training/Debut *PICS/VIDEO*
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2010 Cadillac SRX Training/Debut *PICS/VIDEO* in Cadillac SRX Forums; This new SRX is INSANE!!! Get ready to trade your previous SRX's in folks! Heres a few key pics I ...
    The Black Dahlia is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS (NOW), 2004 CTS (Then), 2008 CTS (Then)

2010 Cadillac SRX Training/Debut *PICS/VIDEO*

This new SRX is INSANE!!! Get ready to trade your previous SRX's in folks!

Heres a few key pics I was able to take when at the Cadillac product debut and sales consultant training in Burbank today... and a short video of the full color DIC display with multi-function readout (60 different messages,etc!!)

Enjoy!

All the features of this new SRX are insane.. too many to list!! Get ready for a fantastic and emotionally charged offering from Cadillac!!

-TBD

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: 2010 Cadillac SRX Training/Debut *PICS/VIDEO*

^^Back up CAMERA!!!!

Awesome rotatable Rack for storage!!

Tiny video of LCD DIC:

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x...urrent=227.flv

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i187.photobucket.com/player.s...nAllen/227.flv">

Rodya234 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1998 Seville STS / 2013 Chevrolet Impala

In the past, when people thought of the cars of the future, this is what they had in mind.

it looks absolutely awesome. I'm hoping the engine is enough to match the body that its in though. Hard to imagine a Cadillac with no V8 option.

gordymac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

So awesome. I trade in my '08 in March. My dealer will be calling me for a test drive when they get them in. Can't wait!

charlieinnj is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

My local dealership in Cherry Hill, NJ had the 2010 SRX and CTS wagon in their showroom last night for a reception and I got to go. Both vehicles are gorgeous. The Cadillac rep said they were starting production on the SRX this week and they'd start showing up in dealerships in the next 6-8 weeks. I'm looking forward to getting a call when one comes in so I can drive the nex SRX. I'm a long time fan of the previous generation of the SRX but this new model is a head turner, too. I think it will be very successful.

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

I don't think I'll be interested. I saw one on the road last week and I didn't care for the looks. From your pics, the interior looks too tight and I don't care for the looks of the dash at all.

iprncess is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 SRX V8 Northstar

I like it, but from the pictures I'm concerned that it isn't going to be as roomy as my 06. We are a tall family! I do like the dash and all the shiny bells and whistles...we will see. I just got my SRX a month ago.

Infrared06 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 SRX V6 AWD

With no third row seat option I'm not interested. It is a good looking car though.

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

How can you tell how big it is by an internet picture?

You guys need to get into the stock market and buy and sell just by looking at pictures of the company lol

robhersch is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX N*V8 RWD; 1999 DeVille Concours

We were invited to our local dealer to get the "preview" of the 2004 SRX several months before they were available, and we really found it exciting. Then we were invited to "drive and compare" Fords, Dodges, Chryslers, MBZ, BMW, Escalade, Lexus, etc, vs SRX at El Toro in 2004; we were very impressed and immediately ordered a 2004, N*V8, RWD but were unable to get a delivery date before 2004 production stopped.
    We again redrove MBZ and BMW and again reordered a 2005 N*V8 RWD as before and this time Cad delivered. We are still very pleased with our SRX.

We have yet to see the 2010s; but from what we have seen in ads and herein, we are not interested in a Saab with Cad trim (FWD, Saab body, Saab engines, etc; it definitely does not appear to be a SRX. The 2010 CTS wagon seems to be closer (RWD, Cad w/ SRX/CTS "N* like V6" and we will look at both when they are available; but at this time, we would expect to keep our 2005 SRX indefinitely.

Northern SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-4 3.6 & 2008 SRX-4 V6

Thumbs up Re: 2010 Cadillac SRX Training/Debut *PICS/VIDEO*

Our '08 is our second gen-1 SRX, so we qualify as fans of the current configuration. We like it because of its "in-between" size: large enough to comfortably accommodate our family and cargo and to hold a 3rd row for the few times a year when our kids' friends are along for the ride but small enough to park easily and be maneuverable.

Both times (in '04 and '08), we chose the SRX over the RX because the SRX had more utility and better handling - the latter from its roots in a premium platform.

It sounds like Caddy has kept the handling edge but has now blurred its other advantages over the RX. And, when I first saw the reveal pics, I was not impressed. The more I read about it, the more I liked our gen-1 version over it.

I have to admit that this is changing and, on style alone, I am starting to warm to the gen-2 form. It may yet get on my list even over the CTS wagon (as our other vehicle is an '09 CTS, we'd like at least a little variety in the garage...).

As far as size goes, the gen-2 SRX is (compared with the gen-1):
    • 4.6" shorter
    • 2.6" wider
    • about the same height (although the gen-1 is 2" taller, that includes the roof rack)
    • about the same weight (in AWD V6 trim)
    • less head room in the front (but same in the 2nd row)
    • 10% less cargo capacity behind the 2nd row
    • 5" less leg room in the 2nd row (and slightly less leg room up front) - this results from the wheelbase reduction from 116.4" to 110.5" and puts the SRX on par with the RX
    • slightly less shoulder room in the front 2 rows - despite the additional exterior width of the vehicle

The biggest weakness I can see from these spec differences is that the car has maintained its weight, gained width and lost power, cargo capacity and rear leg room. Usually, those are not good things. Still, it certainly has style and will be competing in the showroom against the 2010 RX350, not the 2009 SRX. And, against the Lexus, this new SRX is sportier, heavier, slightly less fuel efficient, and significantly slower.

Gotta get that turbo V6 into the showrooms because this car definitely does not haul ass. All the mags are going to do their comparisons between the SRX and the RX based on this weak engine and the public's perceptions will be set. I'm afraid that Caddy is blowing yet another product launch. And, frankly, I think it's a mistake to offer the turbo with only the FE3 suspension - it should at least be available with the FE2.

Here are a couple of reviews:

Here's MT's take on a comparo with the Lexus:

The '10 Cadillac SRX is refined enough to overlook its shortcomings and take over the Lexus RX 350 because it's the luxury crossover we'd prefer to look at and drive, every day. If Cadillac could close its refinement gap with Lexus, the new SRX crossover would be unbeatable in the marketplace.
    Not a bad start - even with the underpowered engine.

iprncess is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 SRX V8 Northstar

Quote Originally Posted by Northern SRX View Post
    The biggest weakness I can see from these spec differences is that the car has maintained its weight, gained width and lost power, cargo capacity and rear leg room.
    That is what I thought. When you're 5'11, have a 6'3 fiancée, 12yr old 5'7/still growing, and a 3 year who is nearly 4 ft. and still growing, you can't afford to lose the leg or head room. :-( Oh well I'll upgrade to the '09 next year.

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Very nice souped up Saturn View........

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Saw one yesterday at Sewell Cadillac (in Dallas) on Lemon ave. They got it in and are supposed to have it for a week to check out and show. So if anyone is in the area and wants to see one in person it should be there. It's fully loaded except AWD and has the 3.0 ltr. I was impressed with the product. A very nice vehicle.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.