Cadillac Owners Forum banner
8K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  jwoodie 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Good find - interesting preview. Scott Burgess usually calls 'em as he sees 'em although I find him sympathetic to domestic marques.

Here's the quotation that also sums up how I feel: "Cadillac took the straight-laced SRX and molded it into a much curvier design. My preference was the boxy SRX, as the new model takes on more cues from much of the competition, such as the Lexus RX models and the Acura MDX. "

There's a reason why I chose the current SRX over the RX and MDX. Unfortunately, I was in too small a group and the redesign - while not my cuppa - was necessary.

#5 ·
I just got my 09' SRX, and I too liked it's Modern sharp edges look. I avoided the others because of too many rounded corners making for wasted space inside for cargo.

But like the rest, I am in the minority.

Good thing I looked now, before the 10's came out, or I would have probably ended up in my second choice which was the 09 Audi.

#6 ·
They should have a hit on their hands with the 2010 SRX. Like the posters above, I prefer the rwd platform and longer, sharper lines of my SRX, but I was clearly in too small a group.

The FWD/AWD platform of the new SRX will allow for better packaging, a cheaper sticker price, and likely lighter weight. Based on the review, it seems like they still handle in a nicely sporty fashion. The new shape is more in line with the competition, but still unmistakably Cadillac. The CTS style interior looks fantastic. And the fuel economy should be much improved, which is going to make the SRX more attractive to several segments of buyers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.