2010 SRX Review
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2010 SRX Review in Cadillac SRX Forums; From the Detroit News: "Performance may not be what someone buying this vehicle expects, but it's certainly what he or ...
    c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

2010 SRX Review

From the Detroit News: "Performance may not be what someone buying this vehicle expects, but it's certainly what he or she will get."

http://www.detnews.com/article/20090...ed-performance

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Northern SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-4 3.6 & 2008 SRX-4 V6

Re: 2010 SRX Review

Good find - interesting preview. Scott Burgess usually calls 'em as he sees 'em although I find him sympathetic to domestic marques.

Here's the quotation that also sums up how I feel: "Cadillac took the straight-laced SRX and molded it into a much curvier design. My preference was the boxy SRX, as the new model takes on more cues from much of the competition, such as the Lexus RX models and the Acura MDX. "

There's a reason why I chose the current SRX over the RX and MDX. Unfortunately, I was in too small a group and the redesign - while not my cuppa - was necessary.

RobVuk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX V8 AWD Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Northern SRX View Post
    Good find - interesting preview. Scott Burgess usually calls 'em as he sees 'em although I find him sympathetic to domestic marques.

Here's the quotation that also sums up how I feel: "Cadillac took the straight-laced SRX and molded it into a much curvier design. My preference was the boxy SRX, as the new model takes on more cues from much of the competition, such as the Lexus RX models and the Acura MDX. "

There's a reason why I chose the current SRX over the RX and MDX. Unfortunately, I was in too small a group and the redesign - while not my cuppa - was necessary.
    I agree 100%

MortnCyn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 N* Thunder Gray/Ebony AWD/NAV/MRC

Ditto, I like the stealth look of the SRX as it is. Appears there were not enough of us.

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

I just got my 09' SRX, and I too liked it's Modern sharp edges look. I avoided the others because of too many rounded corners making for wasted space inside for cargo.

But like the rest, I am in the minority.

Good thing I looked now, before the 10's came out, or I would have probably ended up in my second choice which was the 09 Audi.

TTopJohn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 01 740iL, 99 Z28, 06 SRX V8 rwd

They should have a hit on their hands with the 2010 SRX. Like the posters above, I prefer the rwd platform and longer, sharper lines of my SRX, but I was clearly in too small a group.

The FWD/AWD platform of the new SRX will allow for better packaging, a cheaper sticker price, and likely lighter weight. Based on the review, it seems like they still handle in a nicely sporty fashion. The new shape is more in line with the competition, but still unmistakably Cadillac. The CTS style interior looks fantastic. And the fuel economy should be much improved, which is going to make the SRX more attractive to several segments of buyers.

Northern SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-4 3.6 & 2008 SRX-4 V6

dctex99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Lexus RX350, Satin Cashmere Metallic

Smile Re: 2010 SRX Review

Any one seen any 2010's at dealers yet?? I know the east coast always gets theirs first. I like the more competitive pricing; and more power with as good gas mileage!!

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

When the End of the Earth comes... ... I want to be in the Midwest - - everything happens there 6 months after it happens every where else!

Just got all the newest car mags,,and they all say availability of August 2009;;so some kind of delay.....maybe waiting for the recession to level off.....they are losing sales to Lexus every day...

TTopJohn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 01 740iL, 99 Z28, 06 SRX V8 rwd

August is about right - that's when the next model year cars typically begin to hit dealerships.

iprncess is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 SRX V8 Northstar

I just got my 06 not even a month ago and I'm already thinking (after reading these reviews) that the 2010 would be a great 30th birthday present to myself next April. :-)

jwoodie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 V8 AWD

If you want/need a 3rd seating row, the 2010 SRX is the way to go. If not, the new CTS Wagon is the true successor of the current SRX.

Smile Re: 2010 SRX Review

Actually that is one of the main differences; the 2010 does NOT have 3rd row seating; it is shorter than the old model:

smithb is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Yea, that makes me mad, neither have a third row seat. The Third row is pretty much useless, but I don't mind throwing someone back there if we are heading to lunch, and it is perfect for a couple kids, especially in a car seat. Both are needs I have.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.