Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Cabin Air Filter

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  louisn 
#1 ·
Has anyone changed a cabin air filter? I can't figure out how to do it. I'ts a 2005 AWD with a N*. Thanks

#3 ·
On SRX it can be a pain. You remove the cowl on the right side and then there is a cover underneath.
You remove the cover, then work the filter out.
Getting it out is easy, getting it back in is hard. Pay close attention to the way it fits in the housing. Some of the filters (can't remember SRX specifically) have arrows that point in the direction of airflow, make sure it points towards the cabin. Then snap the cover back in place and reinstall the cowl.
HTH.

#4 ·
On SRX it can be a pain. You remove the cowl on the right side and then there is a cover underneath.
You remove the cover, then work the filter out.
Getting it out is easy, getting it back in is hard. Pay close attention to the way it fits in the housing. Some of the filters (can't remember SRX specifically) have arrows that point in the direction of airflow, make sure it points towards the cabin. Then snap the cover back in place and reinstall the cowl.
HTH.
Removing the cowl is easy. Removing the cover of the cabin filter is beyond me so far. Any hints or advice???:confused:

#5 ·
There is a retaining tab on either side, pull it to one side and lift, the other one is easy after that.
Look it over closely and you'll see what I mean. If you know what you are up against it is not that hard, even though it still sucks.

#6 ·
There is a retaining tab on either side, pull it to one side and lift, the other one is easy after that.
Look it over closely and you'll see what I mean. If you know what you are up against it is not that hard, even though it still sucks.
I did it!!! Thanks. Those tabs are hard to see and find. The cabin filter didn't seem to fit as securely as it did before removal before I put on the plastic retaining deal with the tabs. I guess the plastic retainer with the tabs secures it???
AM I RIGHT? Thanks.:confused: BTW, it wasn't too dirty after 2 1/2 years. Must be the clean Ozark air.

#7 ·
It is hard to get in the slots when you put it back in.

"Clean ozark air"?
I used to live there dude! (Spfd, MO)
I know better ;)

Just stay away from the oak trees. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.